Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you must sacrifice one of the mane 6 to safe the other mane 5? Yes or No?

leonbrony17

My Little Pony taught me, that you must close one door, to open the next one, and Flutters understands that too. I think she's fine with sacrificing herself for her friends, if it means saving Equestria from danger or just so they could live long happy lives even without her.
So i say: Yes, i would of sacrificed my only favourite pony to save the others.

Edited by Lightning Pixel
  • Brohoof 1

Please be honest and rephrase this as "Would you kill your favorite pony to save the Mane (Five - insert own numbero of Manes)?" And my answer is no.

Huh.  This scenario leads to a massive, convoluted, and fascinating rabbit hole of ethics, and what it means to be good and do good.  This is very similar to the classic trolley problem.  In many of these types of situations, there is a clear and logical answer, yet our empathetic responses muddy things up and prevent us from finding easy answers.  When you start analyzing the most altruistic things you can do in any circumstance, things get crazy very fast.  Here's a scenario: you're in a burning building.  There's a child in the room, and an original Da Vinci painting.  Suppose that you can save one, but not both.  (just accept that as the working assumption.)  Which do you save?  Only the blackest of the black monster would save the painting, right?  But what if you saved the painting, sold it for hundreds of millions of dollars, and spent every penny to save the lives of thousands and thousands of starving children?  Logic seems to provide a clear answer, but our empathy means that only a monster could live with that choice.  I'm sure I'd save the child, like anyone else.  But there actually are real scenarios that we come up against in life where our empathetic responses mislead us into making decisions that directly make the world worse.  There are times where it would be best to be able to switch off empathy for the greater good.  Perhaps this scenario with the mane 6 is one of them.  I'd like to think I'd have the fortitude to make the sacrifice and save the others.  I'd sacrifice myself first, if I could.

Well, I'd try to do the humane thing. Assuming I really had to, I'd gather them and ask them who would take one for the team, REGARDLESS of how I rank them because...well, you're choosing one to die yourself based on how much you like them as opposed to the others rather than asking which one would sacrifice themselves. Talk about evil. >.>

Anyway, whoever would be willing to take one. Although I feel like all of them would try to sacrifice themselves to save each other and it would be an endless scenario of crying and mutterings of "No, I'll be the one!"

I need to get outta here, this is too grim. :blink: They're ponies who sing about friendship for cryin' out loud.

I never really saw the point of moral dilemmas like this one. I'm going to assume most people would choose a way in which their favorite pony/ponies survive(s). Some might also be willing sacrifice their favorite pony if the total value of the rest surpasses the value of the one.

It all comes down to the subjective emotional attachment they have formed towards the characters. Same principle applies to all the other moral dilemmas.

Let's say you are asked to sacrifice a loved person, other being, or even object for the lives of a hundred others you don't know. Why would anyone save a random hundred whilst giving up someone they really care about? It just makes no sense since you can't assign anything an objective value, since there is no such thing.

Regardless of any of that, such scenarios aren't important in real life circumstances, and seem quite pointless to delve into.

Well if I had to, that kinda means the choice is out of my hands doesn't it? It does not really matter what my personal wishes are, since the decision is made. If I had time though I would obviously do everything in my power to save all of them.

What a miserable question.

NOOO!!!!!!!!!!! NOT FLUTTERSHY! She is so sweet and innocent!

Same. Nooooooooo! Not the cutest, most innocent, kindest pony!  :(

She also happens to be the second most favorite pony in the fandom, as the most recent brony study found out.

I could imagine Twilight or Rainbow Dash doing such an act of bravery, but it hurts to even think of that. Rainbow and Twilight are my second and third favorite ponies, after Fluttershy of course.