Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology Wired or Wireless: What is your network connection?

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

So must of us here have Internet. I assume. I mean, you are reading this right now and such, you most likely have internet. Or maybe Wi-Fi hotspots...I am losing this battle. REGARDLESS! I think many of us have internet. With internet, comes an internet connection. Makes sense I think.

So basically, the question is, what do you have for your devices?  Do you have a wireless Internet connection via a router, modem or whatever, or do you have a wired connection? Or are some of your devices wired and others wireless? Any particular devices you use?

Me, I mostly have a wireless connection to all of my devices, as connecting them with an Ethernet cable directly isn't an option for me. It is a wireless modem provided by my ISP.

However, I did recently purchase a powerline unit for my Xbox One, and so technically my system now has a wired connection. A wired connection, wirelessly. :D Pretty awesome stuff. It is like magic. XD

• Brohoof 1

So must of us here have Internet. I assume. I mean, you are reading this right now and such, you most likely have internet.

Speak for yourself.. I am getting these messages by smoke signals from a neighboring tribe. Very efficient way to do things once you learn how to use the blanket correctly. Very superior way to handle it I must say.

Either way, as far as your inferior way of doing things goes, I have the option to do either/or. I have a computer at home where I do most stuff that is connected through my modem by cable, and I can use my phone to go wireless if need be. I prefer my computer though since I prefer to use it playing games while surfing websites and browsing the internet.

Seriously, get on that smoke signalling. It is the future I am telling you.

• Brohoof 5

I have a wireless connection where the router is located upstairs right below the television on a glass shelf although my Wii U and 3DS have their own connection which is through the Nintendo Network.

I've always used Wifi but last week I got a wired connection for my room since Wifi does not work in my room.  I like wired though, no more horrible lag spikes that are fatal for online games.

My connection is wireless, since our router is on the floor below me (I live in a 3 storey house and I'm on the 2nd) If I could get wired, I would but that'd be a lot of Cat-6e cable...and living in a century old house would be hard to route through the walls and floor.

Wired would eliminate a lot of my issues of connection loss and my wireless adapter shutting itself off for no reason. Plus, less latency/lag in games.

First I have a media converter for the fiber optic cable. Then, I have an Asus router connected to it and after that, an 8-port network switch connected to the router. My computer and other devices such as my tv are then hooked up to the switch.

Everything is wired. I can't stand using wifi, everything is so slow and unstable.

I also have an Ethernet-to-USB adapter which is connected to my computer, which then (with an ethernet cable) is connected to my Xbox. Then I use internet connection sharing from my computer to share my computer's connection with my Xbox. I do this instead of just connecting the Xbox to the switch because I run a vpn on my computer and I need the vpn protection on my xbox to deal with those nasty DDoS kids.

• 4 years later...

I tether off my phone, so technically wireless. Other than satellite and Verizon 4g lte, there are no other options for internet service here.

• 9 months later...

Main internet connection - fiber (GPON). Backup internet connection - cable (DOCSIS).

Pretty much everything locally is wired, but I have a couple of access points and use wireless for my handheld PCs.