Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What's your favorite pokemon and why?

greenflare

The title says it all, out of all of the 700+ pokemon we have, which is your absolute favorite?

Mine's extremely obvious! 

8a1fd7c2b6783a95d0fcf36672e6b202d7fc60e5

Treecko!  I love Treecko so much, it's one of my favorite characters of all time (tying with some other character).  It's so adorable, cool and just awesome all rolled into one pokemon.  It has such an adorkable yet sleek design.  It's fun to use in-game and everything it does is just...  awesome.  Idk how to explain, I just really love Treecko!

tumblr_static_6b3upv47fo0sowkok48o8goos. 

Edited by greenflare
  • Brohoof 2

I have many favourite Pokémon although my favourite would have to be Entei mainly due to how it was portrayed in the third movie along with the fact that it took me about twelve years to catch what I would consider to be a perfect one.

• Brohoof 1

I'd have to go with Gengar here.  

To me, he's always just held the bigger nostalgic value to me.  I love ghost pokemon, and have teams dedicated to just that one typing (of course, during earlier gens, it was a bit more difficult.) but he's always stood out the most as ever since the start of the show/game/franchise in general, I've always had quite the love for him and his design for what it was.  The TV show came out, and who was shown in the start? Gengar, if for a short time in battle, and the opening of the older games, Gengar.  I remember catching my first Gastly and eventually it became a Gengar.  My first Gengar.  And long story short: I was so excited and happy with finally having this one Pokemon that I was most curious about, as well as the one that I had admired from the start.

Ever since then, I've always prioritized catching a Gastly as soon as possible, and always had a Gengar in my team.  Always.  Since the first game to the newest.   

• Brohoof 2

If it wasn't obvious enough, it'll have to be Minccino, the chinchilla Pokemon. Not only is it cute, but it's perfectly viable in competitive play with it's powerful Hidden Ability, Skill Link (all multi-hit moves hit five times). 

Also, I only use UUs or lower, so there's that. 

• Brohoof 1

My favorite is and always has been Scyther. I mean, come on. It's a man-sized dinosaur-looking mantis with Grim Reaper-like scythes for arms. It can't get much cooler than that.

Runners-up include Absol, Dialga, and Houndoom. Honorable mention goes to Mewtwo.

• Brohoof 2

Luxray has been my first favorite pokemon ever since I bought my first Pokemon game. Then I later got surprisingly fond of Garchomp and it became my second absolute favorite. It has the supreme charm of a shark and a dragon at the same time and I adore that. Luxray is awesome too, because lions and electricity combined is a great combination. I also love the star tail it has - it's like a lucky charm!

Clefable deserves at least an honorable mention too though, as it's such a kind fairy friend.

@@greenflare,

You stole mine >.>

Tied for first with me is also Charmander and Riolu, mostly cause I played them a lot in Mystery Dungeon games and got attached to them XD

We can share Treecko~

Also, Charmander and Riolu are gr8.  You have good taste.

• Brohoof 1

I'm from those ancient times when we had only around 150 pokemons, and I haven't followed the series or played any games since then. But still, my favorite pokemon is Snorlax - for no good reason, I just like him.

• Brohoof 1

Gengar is easily at the top for me. He is friggin awesome and I always thought he was sooooo cool back when I was younger and couldn't ever get him. I had basically no friends when I was younger. XD Thanks to the internet he is easily able to be acquired int he newer games luckily. Shame Nintendo was stupid and killed off the online for the DS games. :\

Some runner ups: Magneton, Groudon, Slowpoke, Suicune, Shellder.