Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight's cheese phobia

ManaMinori

Maybe she deliberately associated the term "cheesy" as being uncertain and unsure, pretty much the opposite of Twilight's personality as she strives for clarity and perfection in things. So anything with literal "cheesy" connotations usually makes her uncomfortable and fearful as it goes against her initial thinking.

Maybe she knows how cheese is made and it freaks her out? Also, some people just hate the taste and texture of it.

Either way, I suppose Cheetos would be her Kryptonite then.

Yes I know, not real cheese, but Twilight would not know that.

• Brohoof 1

I don't get it, what gives people to indicate that Twilight has an issue with cheese? I'm not fully caught up with the show yet, so can anyone tell me?

Really, I've never once seen anything that indicates she has a cheese phobia. So, as Chrylestia said, when does it happen? :P

• Brohoof 1

Pinkie's notes did state that it is quesadillas that she's afraid of, and Twilight expanded on it by saying it was because they're so cheesy.  That would seem to suggest that it isn't the cheese, but specifically the cheesiness of the quesadillas.  If it was just the cheese, then you'd expect her to be equally afraid of enchiladas, and yet they weren't mentioned.

The only way to solve the mystery would be to throw a cheese toastie at her and see how she reacts.

• Brohoof 1

Most likely it was the quesadillas and the amount of cheese contained within them was what made her fear them. Then again, there could be another psychological reasoning or a metabolism one.

Well, at the start of the show at any rate, Twilight strikes me as the sort who would hate cheesiness... as in the adjective, not food. Of course these days she's the Princess of Friendship... hard to get cheesier than that... but maybe she doesn't realize that.

Then again maybe she's just lactose intolerant. As someone who is myself (at least a bit) I could understand the reaction. Or maybe she's just scared of Cheetos because she hates sloth... and we all know Cheetos is the food of neckbeard champions.

• 2 weeks later...

Then again maybe she's just lactose intolerant. As someone who is myself (at least a bit) I could understand the reaction.

That's what I figured. I dunno why, but Twilight seems like the sort of pony who'd be lactose intolerant.

Edited by Silvestra Spooner

Remember "Twilight Time", when Spike made all of the nachos that nopony ate? Well...I think that's what started her fear of cheese because she wasted all of those nachos. That later made her felt bad and she vowed to never be enticed by cheese again.

• Brohoof 1

It's probably because cheese in quasadilla can get runny and messy. Twilight hates things that are messy and are out of bounds/cannot be adjusted.

Yeah... But she got ketchup on her face eating those burgers you shared, and food flung everywhere from her ferocity of consumption.

Well, at the start of the show at any rate, Twilight strikes me as the sort who would hate cheesiness... as in the adjective, not food. Of course these days she's the Princess of Friendship... hard to get cheesier than that... but maybe she doesn't realize that.

Perhaps, because she does take her position rather seriously. Also it might be like she lives in perpetual denial like some people. People who get offended at the thought of them being something they cannot stand, so they immediately deny it on a subconscious level, then agree with the emotion because it sounds ridiculous to consider. Almost like how christians react when you share biblical inconsistencies/math errors after saying the bible is flawless. Immediate denial.

If Twilight's cheese phobia is indeed a result of a lactose intolerance, its probably better that she avoids cheese.

An equine with diarrhea is not a pretty sight and is definitely not PG-13.

It's funny that Twilight has a cheese phobia. I got some blood work done at the hospital a couple of weeks ago, and was told that there is too much cheese in my diet. I'm a vegetarian, so naturally I replaced meat and seafood with cheese to give my food differing textures to play with. Needless to say, I have significantly reduced my cheese intake in part thanks to Twilight  :P.

• 1 year later...

Think that maybe the fear of cheese/quesadillas she supposedly has could be from a traumatic event back from when she was a filly, like say, she was at one of her own birthday parties at a restaurant that serves them and that a quesadilla accidentally flew into her face because a foal ran under a waiter's hooves while they were taking said food to the customer that ordered the quesadilla?

Edited by Dante_Wubbington
I noticed that I forgot to remove an "S" from one of the quesadillas

• 3 years later...

There's actually a clinical term for fear of cheese "turophobia". But I agree that the cheesy line was probably meant as a one-off joke. If Twilight does indeed dislike cheese lactose intolerance or a traumatic experience could indeed be culprits.

I personally prefer the idea that she's not actually afraid of quesadillas or anything like that its more just a preference like IRL I don't like ketchup or spicy foods. In the former, I'll eat it if it's already part of the dish but won't actively seek it out for a condiment. In the latter, I can handle a little bit of spice but do my utmost to avoid eating very spicy things. Yet, due to the efforts of my family, my tolerance has been raised from what it used to be. Still, don't expect to see me popping jalapeño laden nachos or anything like that anytime soon.