Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will The Movie Hit Theatres Or Will It Be Straight To DVD?

OmegaBeamOfficial

Yeah, It's something all right.

Eh, don't get your hopes up.

I'm sure the DVD for the movie will include audio commentary, deleted scenes, bonus games, stuff that requires a PC, concept art, sing-a-longs, blooper reel, and anything else that would suffice.

• Brohoof 2

I'm sure the DVD for the movie will include audio commentary, deleted scenes, bonus games, stuff that requires a PC, concept art, sing-a-longs, blooper reel, and anything else that would suffice.

Audio Commentary and Deleted Scenes sound nice, not sure what you mean by bonus games. God no, not stuff that requires a PC to access, I hate pointless locking away of content! Concept art is cool as well as blooper reels, but sing-a-longs would be a little redundant though, lyrics are easily found online

• Brohoof 1

Audio Commentary and Deleted Scenes sound nice, not sure what you mean by bonus games. God no, not stuff that requires a PC to access, I hate pointless locking away of content! Concept art is cool as well as blooper reels, but sing-a-longs would be a little redundant though, lyrics are easily found online

With the sing-a-longs, the lyrics appear below the song so you don't need to memorize them. The only drawback Friendship Games and Legend of Everfree have is that they only have sing-a-longs for half of the songs instead of doing it for all six which would be so much better. Bonus games would be something fun and interactive that can be played on the DVD.

Edited by Ganondorf8
  • Brohoof 2

With the sing-a-longs, the lyrics appear below the song so you don't need to memorize them. The only drawback Friendship Games and Legend of Everfree have is that they only have sing-a-longs for half of the songs instead of doing it for all six which would be so much better. Bonus games would be something fun and interactive that can be played on the DVD.

I guess, but still, people have probably made videos like that before.

I guess, but still, people have probably made videos like that before.

Most likely but then the ones on the DVD won't get deleted by Hasbro because of copyright.

• Brohoof 2

Copyright law sucks... Hasbro doesn't seem to get fair use.

MLP is their intellectual property and they are allowed to protect that. Granted, most of the time they just let it slide and allow the fandom to create their content without intimidation, but then their legal team steps in and blocks certain videos over on YouTube.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, you say that but plenty of people have already been harsh on the writing team for Seasons 5 & 6, who says they'll be any less critical of it here?

I'm unaware of any special features, I watch the show and movies on Netflix. Anything particularly interesting on those DVD's?

The Brony opinion does not matter. The only thing that matters is the critics' opinion, as this is a film for the general audience and not a pander-fest to the fandom.

• Brohoof 1

The Brony opinion does not matter. The only thing that matters is the critics' opinion, as this is a film for the general audience and not a pander-fest to the fandom.

Just gonna repost what I said earlier

Reviews don't influence movies as much as people believe. In few cases maybe, like with Suicide Squad and BvS, but they seem like the exception. Otherwise, Bayformers and Twilight wouldn't have been as ridiculously successful as they were(or are with Bayformers)

• Brohoof 1

What country do you come from?

Viet Nam, a small country with non-existence fanbase. No chances. :twi: 

Lionsgate and Hasbro want the movie to be worldwide so if MLP airs in your country the movie will probably be released in your country.

Unfortunately, the fanbase doesnt exist, i havent seen any kids possess any pony-related merchandise and there is zero Vietnamese Youtuber react or review or anything (even me, because i dont want them call me gay  :please: ). Not enough people care about the show to make our distributors care...   :adorkable:

Twilight got wings in the cover so it required people at least watch 4+ seasons, but not enough people to know or care so... no chance for me.

Waiting for DVD, and be spoiled :orly: 

They might not use the same voice cast but it'll probably end up at least on TV.

GOD, NO!!! I hate dub in any media. :angry:

• Brohoof 1

MLP is their intellectual property and they are allowed to protect that. Granted, most of the time they just let it slide and allow the fandom to create their content without intimidation, but then their legal team steps in and blocks certain videos over on YouTube.

Yeah, and then there's things that are just unfair like the removal of most of JanAnimations MLP videos.

The Brony opinion doesn't matter? Bronies are half the reason the show is even very well known nowadays, of course the Brony opinion matters. Of course, It's not only Bronies that'll be watching, It'll also be the little girls and the critics looking for new movies to review when it comes out. I never said the movie was a panderfest, if anything I hate that term. There's no harm in having a few nods to the show in there, that's not pandering, It's called fan service. One thing Hasbro has always been good at since the Brony fandom started is being able to satisfy the Bronies, while still being easy to get into for newcomers, they know they have to do well on that, because that means potential new Bronies will join the fandom if they like the show, or if not, they'll at least speak positively about it, and Hasbro gets word of mouth which means success. Not to mention there are brony critics out there in places like YouTube, they may not be as popular as say, the Nostalgia Critic, but they get the job done, though mind you you probably won't find brony critics in places like IMDB or Metacritic. My point is, there needs to be a balance between fan service and accessibility for people new to the fandom.

Unfortunately, the fanbase doesnt exist, i havent seen any kids possess any pony-related merchandise and there is zero Vietnamese Youtuber react or review or anything (even me, because i dont want them call me gay  :please: ). Not enough people care about the show to make our distributors care...   :adorkable:

Twilight got wings in the cover so it required people at least watch 4+ seasons, but not enough people to know or care so... no chance for me.

Waiting for DVD, and be spoiled :orly:

GOD, NO!!! I hate dub in any media. :angry:

What's going on here, I don't see half the quote's you mentioned anywhere in this thread...

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, and then there's things that are just unfair like the removal of most of JanAnimations MLP videos.

The Brony opinion doesn't matter? Bronies are half the reason the show is even very well known nowadays, of course the Brony opinion matters. Of course, It's not only Bronies that'll be watching, It'll also be the little girls and the critics looking for new movies to review when it comes out. I never said the movie was a panderfest, if anything I hate that term. There's no harm in having a few nods to the show in there, that's not pandering, It's called fan service. One thing Hasbro has always been good at since the Brony fandom started is being able to satisfy the Bronies, while still being easy to get into for newcomers, they know they have to do well on that, because that means potential new Bronies will join the fandom if they like the show, or if not, they'll at least speak positively about it, and Hasbro gets word of mouth which means success. Not to mention there are brony critics out there in places like YouTube, they may not be as popular as say, the Nostalgia Critic, but they get the job done, though mind you you probably won't find brony critics in places like IMDB or Metacritic. My point is, there needs to be a balance between fan service and accessibility for people new to the fandom.

What's going on here, I don't see half the quote's you mentioned anywhere in this thread...

What I mean is that Hasbro doesn't care what the Bronies will think of the film. If you want to trash it like the Star Wars manchildren did to the Force Awakens then whatever, but they care more about what people will think of it as a film by itself.

• Brohoof 1

What I mean is that Hasbro doesn't care what the Bronies will think of the film. If you want to trash it like the Star Wars manchildren did to the Force Awakens then whatever, but they care more about what people will think of it as a film by itself.

I don't think they don't care, It's more they have way bigger things to focus on. And look, if fans are disappointed by a movie which is part of a series that left a big legacy, they have every right to be mad about it. George Lucas tampered with the original movies, and the prequels came out horrible. I don't know about 7 because I haven't seen it yet, but still...

I don't think they don't care, It's more they have way bigger things to focus on. And look, if fans are disappointed by a movie which is part of a series that left a big legacy, they have every right to be mad about it. George Lucas tampered with the original movies, and the prequels came out horrible. I don't know about 7 because I haven't seen it yet, but still...

The prequel was hated by diehards and general audiences alike.

• Brohoof 1

The prequel was hated by diehards and general audiences alike.

Fair enough. To be honest I think Star Wars wasn't the best example to use there. Looking at the seventh movie it actually got a lot of praise from fans and critics/general audiences. If anything these manchildren are in the minority... But I don't blame you, I can't really think of many movies that were slagged off by fans but loved by the general audience.

I think Fhaolan has got you covered regarding bronies in Vietnam, but as for the movie airing over there in your country, does the show air there? If it does then I think the movie has got a chance. If not then Hasbro is most likely to still air it there because of wanting as much coverage as possible.

I'm not sure if this is accurate or not but he did use some of the show's assets when it comes to animation and poses. Hasbro itself doesn't deal with cease and desist orders but their lawyers certainly do.

• Brohoof 2

I think Fhaolan has got you covered regarding bronies in Vietnam, but as for the movie airing over there in your country, does the show air there? If it does then I think the movie has got a chance. If not then Hasbro is most likely to still air it there because of wanting as much coverage as possible.

The show does air, but it doesn't even have a proper dub. I googled it and I found some clips of it. They use a voice over actor instead of the characters getting their individual voices. You can still hear the English too! It's...not very good. They're still on Season 3 since the show just started airing in 2015.

• Brohoof 2

The show does air, but it doesn't even have a proper dub. I googled it and I found some clips of it. They use a voice over actor instead of the characters getting their individual voices. You can still hear the English too! It's...not very good. They're still on Season 3 since the show just started airing in 2015.

Talk about cutting corners yet that is ridiculous.

• Brohoof 2

Wait, I found some clips of Season 4 and it does seem like the show does have a proper dub...it airs on a different channel than the other one I saw though.

They even changed the theme song! It's still the proper MLP theme however they're using the instrumental to the extended theme song, and there's a random clip from the Crystal Empire at the end. It's...strange.

• Brohoof 3

They even changed the theme song! It's still the proper MLP theme however they're using the instrumental to the extended theme song, and there's a random clip from the Crystal Empire at the end. It's...strange.

That clip shouldn't really be there as all it does is mess up the title sequence. I'll admit that the singer's voice is catchy although that's coming from someone who doesn't know the language of Vietnam.

• Brohoof 2

I'm not sure if this is accurate or not but he did use some of the show's assets when it comes to animation and poses. Hasbro itself doesn't deal with cease and desist orders but their lawyers certainly do.

Just wanna say, the lawyers are part of Hasbro, so it is technically Hasbro doing it.

I feel bad for you... Like, REALLY bad for you.

I guess the smaller countries get less attention or something, MLP's most popular with the American crowd.

• Brohoof 1

Wait, I found some clips of Season 4 and it does seem like the show does have a proper dub...it airs on a different channel than the other one I saw though.

I can understand them using an instrumental because they don't want to have to deal with getting rid of the original voice, and I like the idea of adding new stuff to the intro to show the show progressing over time, but throwing in a random clip of the Crystal Empire is... Odd. If they had to fill those extra seconds of singing, just play a quick few second montage of moments from the show.

That clip shouldn't really be there as all it does is mess up the title sequence. I'll admit that the singer's voice is catchy although that's coming from someone who doesn't know the language of Vietnam.

I'll just quote what I said a minute ago.

I can understand them using an instrumental because they don't want to have to deal with getting rid of the original voice, and I like the idea of adding new stuff to the intro to show the show progressing over time, but throwing in a random clip of the Crystal Empire is... Odd. If they had to fill those extra seconds of singing, just play a quick few second montage of moments from the show.

Oh no, I live in America so I watch the regular dub but I feel bad for the Vietnamese kids and fans who have to deal with it  :sunny:

Yeah... A moment of silence for our Brony Vietnamese comrades.

Just wanna say, the lawyers are part of Hasbro, so it is technically Hasbro doing it.

I guess the smaller countries get less attention or something, MLP's most popular with the American crowd.

What I mean is that Hasbro's higher-ups, like Stephen Davis for example, don't deal with the cease and desist issues that the company have to deal with. It's up to their lawyers to handle that and the fandom have quite a testy relationship with them. They're all part of the same company yes, yet this one division deals with the more... troublesome issues.

Of course MLP is popular with Americans since the show originated in the U.S. with Canada providing the animation and voice recordings.

• Brohoof 1