Wearing Shoes  

109 users have voted

1. 1. Do you wear shoes in your home?

• Yes, I wear outside shoes
    • Yes, but indoor shoes only
    • No, I go barefoot
    • No, I wear socks

sig-4732827.gallery-1447185908-shoes-ind

I'm actually a bit curious since it's often not made clear in certain European and American cultures whether people wear shoes in their home or not. I've never seen anyone wear their shoes in their house, but I want to know what it's like for other places.

So how is it like in your home? Do you wear your shoes and walk with it around the living room, or do you leave it on the doorway or on the shelf, or do you wear another pair of indoor shoes? Edited by Minccino
  • Brohoof 1

I always take them off before I step foot in my house. Unless I forgot something and need to quickly grab it, then they stay on.

I always take them off before I step foot in my house. Unless I forgot something and need to quickly grab it, then they stay on.

That's what I do too.

I really dislike the filth that comes from people's shoes as it means additional vacuuming and that has never been my favorite thing.

Only if I'm, going in and out of the house repeatedly or about to leave for a while. Otherwise no. Always wear socks all the time because socks are comfy and sexy. That and the floor is cold and pretty damn splintered in places. 

As has been said, I have my shoes on when I need to quicky grab something or have to leave soon. I never go upstairs with them on though, unless I'm in a hurry and forgot something (like say my car keys...no I'm not speaking from experience, honest).

Otherwise, it's either socks or barefooted, whichever I'm most comfortable with at the moment - for instance if it's cold or dirty, socks.

I wear my boots inside as well as outside.  I would like to change that at some point though but it's hard to get out of the habit.  I used to be a bit picky when it came to wearing shoes indoors but then I stopped doing that, don't really know why I stopped doing that.  I only take my boots off before getting ready to go to bed.

• Brohoof 1

I wear sneakers for the most part outside, and slippers for the most part inside.

I try hard to avoid wearing the sneakers into the house -- usually the only time that happens is if I forgot something. 

More often but still rarely do I wear the slippers outside -- They do not fare well outside and I don't want to track stuff in. 

---

I started wearing slippers universally inside after an incident with an errant toothpick which had fallen to the floor after I had eaten scallops.  Stepping on said toothpick made quite the puncture wound in my foot.

Edited by silvadel

No absolutely not. Wearing shoes indoors isn't something people do in Sweden to begin with and if you did people would be upset at you.

• Brohoof 1

In my house, I do with barefoot during warm/hot days, and with socks during cool/cold days in winter. Sometimes, I wear outside shoes indoors if necessary as long it's not dirty.