Anneal

Wearing Shoes  

109 users have voted

1. 1. Do you wear shoes in your home?

• Yes, I wear outside shoes
    • Yes, but indoor shoes only
    • No, I go barefoot
    • No, I wear socks

You think so? I assumed indoor shoes meant actual shoes.

Welp, only the OP can know for sure. Logically speaking, I'd assume so at least. I don't see what "indoor shoes" might be otherwise. Maybe sandals and the likes.

Welp, only the OP can know for sure. Logically speaking, I'd assume so at least. I don't see what "indoor shoes" might be otherwise. Maybe sandals and the likes.

Perhaps some better clarification is in order.

Nope, I wear socks most of the time, and slippers around the dorm room. 

Barefoot just seems odd to me, and I like to put my shoes in the closet rather than wear them around. 

• Brohoof 1

It's basically any sort of footwear that you would wear in your house only. While I would have said slippers, some people wear sandals or even an extra pair of shoes inside, so I used a broader term for it.

Edited by Minccino
  • Brohoof 1

My family keeps insisting I wear slippers around the house so I won't get cold but I prefer to just have socks on and that's it :P I feel more comfortable that way.

I guess it's a cultural thing, because I would find it really weird if someone asked me to take off my shoes when I come to their house, in fact taking them off would be inappropriate. In my home I usually go barefoot, it's simply more comfortable.

ffft its not a custom in the UK, its more of a "GET THOSE DIRTY SHOES OFF IN MY HOME! YOULL RUIN THE NICE CLEAN/NEW CARPET/FLOOR!" 

im meh about it, Denz has forced the rule in our house though. Im used to running around with shoes on when i get in, or if ive forgotten somthing i still wear the shoes just to run upstairs and get it.

when i dont wear shoes, im always in socks. my feet get cold quick

• Brohoof 1

Wearing shoes is something I personally only see done as a necessity for the outdoors (and only because it would be too cold here to do otherwise), and as such see absolutely no point in wearing them at home. That's the time for my feet to breath, and not be so unnaturally constricted as they often are. Socks do the job just fine for keeping them warm.

The only time I will wear footwear at home is if something has broken and shards might be across the floor.

• Brohoof 1