Anneal

Wearing Shoes  

109 users have voted

1. 1. Do you wear shoes in your home?

• Yes, I wear outside shoes
    • Yes, but indoor shoes only
    • No, I go barefoot
    • No, I wear socks

I think people should take shoes off, and that they should respect homeowners that don't want shoes worn in their house, cause it is kinda gross.

that said, I don't ask my guests to remove their shoes, because I'm less worried about the every-other week visitors than i am about my own daily treking in of dirt.

• 2 months later...

Judging by the responses here, I guess I'm an odd one out. With only a handful of exceptions, I put my shoes on when I get dressed in the morning and only take them off when I get undressed to sleep at the very end of the day. It normally wouldn't even occur to me to do anything else. I guess I would find it easier to cook, do the dishes, go in the basement to do laundry, and even just walk around with shoes on.

I would probably have the same habit of wearing shoes regardless, but in my current house, there is no carpet in the main living areas; it's all wood, tile, and linoleum, and is inevitably dusty and dirty. So if I didn't wear shoes around the house, I would be liable to get my feet or socks dirty pretty quickly. Also, in the old houses I've lived in, unless we wear shoes, my family and I have been liable on occasion to get splinters or cut our feet on uneven nails in the 100-year-old wood floors.

i wear house shoes like slippers because the floors are not always clean unless if I clean them and if I just wear socks  they get wet and sometimes sticky so it's better to wear shoes. we don't have any carpet at home so..yeah. I still live with my parents and if I don't wear shoes I get scolded for the millionth time.

Its been cold around here recently and I cant use a space heater because it overloads our old house's circuit breaker. That being the case around this time of hear I try to wear shoes whenever I can just to keep my feet warm. I tend to prefer wearing shoes at anytime anyway just because it makes me feel less "vulnerable". Its just a psychological thing.

I try to avoid wearing outdoor shoes in the house; that's what my indoor flip flops and slippers are for. There are turns I wear outdoor shoes inside, and their are the times I'm getting ready to go to work or out somewhere.

I have hardwood flooring so I wear either shoes if I've been outside(and thus had to put them on) or slippers if I haven't been out yet. I used to not wear shoes inside when I lived with my parents since we had carpet in the bedrooms. 

There is no hard and fast rule in my house. most of the time I just wear socks or house shoes, but sometimes I just leave on my outside shoes when I walk in. It is all based on what is most comfortable.

Here in England (UK), people generally wear shoes in homes, even as guests. My household is an exception though, though even then the rule isn't enforced when we have guests.

It really depends on how I feel. Sometimes I wear the same shoes I wear outside, and sometimes I just wear socks. It totally depends in which feels more comfortable for me in the moment and how I feel.

I'm usually barefoot in the house because it's comfortable, not because of some neuroticism about shoes coming into the house. When I come in I usually walk to my room and kick off the shoes and socks.