Wearing Shoes  

109 users have voted

1. 1. Do you wear shoes in your home?

• Yes, I wear outside shoes
    • Yes, but indoor shoes only
    • No, I go barefoot
    • No, I wear socks

(edited)

I'm always wearing socks as it's cold when I'm barefoot because we have a tiled floor plus nobody is allowed to wear shoes in our house and it's simply to keep the place extremely clean. We also have carpet upstairs that we get dry cleaned once a year and my mum would explode at anyone who walks on the carpet with shoes on especially if the shoes are muddy or extremely dirty. I've also noticed that our house is much cleaner than normal because of no shoes in the house. :)

Edited by Techno Universal

Only if I know I'll be going outside again. Other than that, anything can work.

I usually wear socks or slippers indoors (usually both together). I like my tootsies to be nice and warm and I don't like feeling little bits of dirt and icky stuff on the undersides of my feet when I walk along, so slippers serve a dual purpose. If it's really hot out, I sometimes go barefoot, but not too often.  :grin:

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

I take off my shoes when I get home for comfort, it's not a neurotic Japanese-like rule. I don't care if other people leave their shoes on and I'm not obsessed with cleanliness.

I'm usually barefoot when it's warm out. Now that it's colder I'm wearing slippers.

Thanks to living in Japan I have gotten used to having house shoes. Occasionally I end up wearing my boots inside if I am running in and out a lot during the day. 

Nope, I always go barefoot in the house, sometimes I even go outside in the yard barefoot. :laugh: I sometimes wear socks around the house in the wintertime, but never shoes. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt

I can't even walk barefoot at all at this point due to foot conditions/pain. Before all of that, I was barefoot anytime I wasn't out. Recently I got some sandals with major arch-support to wear around home, but before then I was tied to putting on shoes (and socks) every time I had to get up, including just to go to the bathroom in the night. It always made me feel gross, as I didn't have enough good pairs of socks to keep up with such a rigorous constant need to wear them. I'm so glad I'm back to at least not having to wear shoes/socks all of the time.

No. I always wonder why people would wear their shoes in their house. it's like asking to bring in more bacteria inside your house.

36 minutes ago, Envy said:

I can't even walk barefoot at all at this point due to foot conditions/pain. Before all of that, I was barefoot anytime I wasn't out. Recently I got some sandals with major arch-support to wear around home, but before then I was tied to putting on shoes (and socks) every time I had to get up, including just to go to the bathroom in the night. It always made me feel gross, as I didn't have enough good pairs of socks to keep up with such a rigorous constant need to wear them. I'm so glad I'm back to at least not having to wear shoes/socks all of the time.

Health problems are always exceptions and I am sorry you are in this situation, but if I am correct, you can get some recover.

4 hours ago, TBD said:

No. I always wonder why people would wear their shoes in their house. it's like asking to bring in more bacteria inside your house.

It's important to wear shoes in the house because I once got an injury from stepping on a sharp crumb. Tiny, but deadly.

• Brohoof 1