Anneal

Wearing Shoes  

109 users have voted

1. 1. Do you wear shoes in your home?

• Yes, I wear outside shoes
    • Yes, but indoor shoes only
    • No, I go barefoot
    • No, I wear socks

I don't get the craziness some people have about not wearing shoes in the house. The world is dirty, nothing you can do about it.

When I come home I walk to my room(on the carpet!!! :pinkie:) and take my shoes off. When people come over they usually stay in their shoes and that's fine. (honestly I prefer that to looking at everybody's feet. :yuck:)

Edited by Fluttershutter
  • Brohoof 1

Let me tell you a little story.  I recently went to my gym to swim as I usually do.  Now, it's very important to note that this is a really nice gym with a good staff.  It's not some broken down hovel or anything.  So, I go into the restroom stall to change into my suit, and I saw that there was a mountain of sh*t and tp filling the bowl and piled up a good foot about the rim in a pyramid.  I did what I always do in those circumstances: slowly back away and leave without touching anything.  But as I turned to leave, I noticed that there was a sh*tty footprint near the toilet.  And then another.  And another, leading out of the stall.  As I slowly made my way out of the room, walking as if the ground was littered with land mines and bear traps, I noticed that there was a trail of little, quarter-sized blobs of sh*t on the floor, leading out of the restroom and into the locker room.  I told one of the staff members about it, and his response was to roll his eyes, facepalm, and say, "Not again."

And that, dear friends, is why you should never wear shoes in the house.  It's a world of sh*t out there.

• Brohoof 1

• 9 months later...

Nope, never. Only exception is situation when I'm already in my shoes and I need to grab something, then carefully walk on my tiptoes. My culture is similar to asian cultures in this case

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have really nice, comfy socks I wear at home to shield my feet from the cold of the tiles, I've never worn shoes inside any house I've lived in since I was little. :huh:

• Brohoof 1

I "never" wear shoes indoors, especially the ones I wear outside, since that would bring in a lot of dirt, like rocks, that you accidentally step on and hurt your poor feet :unamused:

How do I know this? Well, I have sometimes forgot, or been lazy >_>

• Brohoof 1

Hrm, in my country we don't usually have carpets because they are either an unnecessary luxury or can be too hard to maintain due weather and other factors (for instance, in the region I live we have too much clay dust and wind and things get dusty in a matter of minutes, and when rainy that dust becomes a reddish mud you can hardly get off from any surface). So usually we just wear the same shoes inside and outside since most floors are tiled, ceramic, concrete or anything else that might be easy to wash and might be durable.

• Brohoof 1