Kenny

89 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Maybe maybe not, but someponies think she was out of character. I don't think she was. :P

She's not too out of character in this episode. However, the episode certainly isn't my favorite. It was very predictable. I liked last week's episode a whole lot more.

Rainbow Dash did act with a lot more humility towards the beginning of the episode. She didn't take the cheering and accolades too seriously then, and brushed it off with a blush and an "oh, it was nothing." Only when she started hearing more of it did it really begin to start fueling her ego to an almost-scary degree (seriously, she HAD to scream her catchphrase before saving somepony's life?).

I've only seen this episode once so I may change my mind but as of now I don't really like the way Rainbow Dash was portrayed. She seemed a lot more modest in previous episodes. She just seemed really out of character imo. That said, I do like how they made Scootaloo the leader of the RD fan club and I think it was neat to see more Equestrian technology like the crane and dam.

• Brohoof 1

Is anypony else woried that this is the start of hasbro changing the show to try and aim thier target audiance at a higher age (witch

would eventualy destroy the show and fandom)

I'm not overly concerned about this but it is on the back on my mind.

The episode started out not so great but quickly got better when The Mysterious Mare Do-Well came into the picture. I knew from about half way through the episode

at least one of the other mane 6 were TMMDW but I didn't realize until the last ten minutes that it was all of them. Then they revealed it. I wasn't surprised at that point but it was a great revelation

I saw another background pony I like though! The one who was trying to open the peanut butter jar. She had an amazing voice, anyone got a name for her yet?

Also, Rainbow's new facial expressions were amazing. lol

You know, the best thing about AppleDash shipping is the fact that both ponies are played by the same voice actress! Narcissism much? But yeah, great episode this week. Rainbow Dash may be a bit egotistical sometimes, but that's cause she IS best pony! (aside from our lady of the night Luna). -_-

You know, the best thing about AppleDash shipping is the fact that both ponies are played by the same voice actress! Narcissism much? But yeah, great episode this week. Rainbow Dash may be a bit egotistical sometimes, but that's cause she IS best pony! (aside from our lady of the night Luna). -_-

There's a Twilight Zone episode somewhere in here.

Pun not intended.

There's a Twilight Zone episode somewhere in here. Pun not intended.

I could totally see them doing an episode titled: "The Twilight Zone" and it's about the 4th wall coming down and Twilight Sparkle being the only one who can fix it. That would be amazing... if they could pull it off without ruining things. :)

A bit?

• Brohoof 1

First I thought mare-do-well would be princess luna, but throughout the entire episode I was thinking "why the fuck would they pave a road to a cliff?"

That was my overwhelming thought! I knew it was going to be her friends somehow, but it was quite fun. Scootaloo was cool in the Club Tardis. The moralising at the end went on just a bit long tho!

Best Regards

Grey Wolf

First I thought mare-do-well would be princess luna, but throughout the entire episode I was thinking "why the fuck would they pave a road to a cliff?"

Maybe it wasn't always a cliff - perhaps there once was a naturally formed earth bridge or even a landmass there. Equestria's got some pretty zany geography.

It still makes you wonder, with all those problems happening in one day. After Mare-Do-Well 'left', that rash of accidents suddenly stopped. Did they sabotage some things to cause those problems? It did seem convenient that they were always there right when they needed to be.

Edited by SBaby
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Two interesting things about this ep.

1: If Mare-Do-Well has a horn AND wings that makes her an alicorn. Aren't all alicorns royalty or at least Equestria nobility? hmmmm?

2: When I re-watched this ep, the top comments were all about how Dash's hubris was justified and how her friends were in the wrong for doing the whole Mare-Do-Well thing. Bronies are almost always all about the morals of the episodes. It appears that this isn't the case when it comes to arrogance. Does this show something about some parts of our culture? Isolated or not?

• 1 month later...

I like how Christopher Nolan's Batman Begins film was referenced in the episode - the one where the filly was saved by Rainbow Dash from inside a well. In Batman Begins, a young Bruce Wayne falls into a well at the beginning of the film and had to be rescued by his father. Eventually, he becomes Batman later in his life. Seeing how Mare Do Well looks to be based off of Batman, I'd have to say the developers really did their homework here by referencing superhero movies.

• Brohoof 3