Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which Characters Would You Want To See Get A Spinoff Show?

OmegaBeamOfficial

Since the Mane 6 and a few other characters are usually front and centre in the show, I think it would be cool to see some kind of spinoff show for certain less utilised characters in the show, the question is, if one were to theoretically happen, who should get it? I for one would really like to see a spinoff show involving characters like Derpy, Doctor Whooves, or heck, maybe the rest of the Pie or Apple families.

I would actually like a show that does not center specifically around any sort of "main" characters. Sure some characters would appear more than others, but the idea of an episode about Big Mac one week, followed by one about Mayor Mare and her staff the next and then followed by a story about those ponies in Starlight's old village another, to me would be interesting. It would be a way to give more background on.. well... background characters and give lots of different types of stories with lots of different perspectives. I would not even mind if they were done as shorts if they were done well.

• Brohoof 3

I have to say Octavia would have no problem handling duties from Celestia and acting as Twilight's backup in the show. It's like having the backup players taking over the starters when the game is all but decided.

• Brohoof 1

I would actually like a show that does not center specifically around any sort of "main" characters. Sure some characters would appear more than others, but the idea of an episode about Big Mac one week, followed by one about Mayor Mare and her staff the next and then followed by a story about those ponies in Starlight's old village another, to me would be interesting. It would be a way to give more background on.. well... background characters and give lots of different types of stories with lots of different perspectives. I would not even mind if they were done as shorts if they were done well.

Hmmm... That actually sounds like a neat idea. Kind of reminds me of what they did with the EG shorts.

I have to say Octavia would have no problem handling duties from Celestia and acting as Twilight's backup in the show. It's like having the backup players taking over the starters when the game is all but decided.

Twilight is a powerful magic alicorn who is also one of the Elements Of Harmony. Octavia is just really good at playing music. I don't think Celestia would choose her as a Twilight backup XD

Daring Do and Doctor Whooves are the easiest options, but their spin-offs would be to unoriginal, IMO. Also, as far as I know, at some point Faust planned a spin-off about CMCs, which never happened. But we already get enough of them in the main show anyway.

Personally I’d like to see something like a short prequel series about Bon-Bon working for the monster-hunting agency of Steven Magnet and Cranky’s adventures. It’s a good opportunity to see some historical events, new places and creatures.

• Brohoof 1

A pre-FiM spinoff focused on the young Princesses, Celestia and Luna. It shows how they lived back then and how they came to being Princesses.

Wouldn't that just be something they can inject into the current show though?

• Brohoof 1

Daring Do and Doctor Whooves are the easiest options, but their spin-offs would be to unoriginal, IMO. Also, as far as I know, at some point Faust planned a spin-off about CMCs, which never happened. But we already get enough of them in the main show anyway.

Personally I’d like to see something like a short prequel series about Bon-Bon working for the monster-hunting agency of Steven Magnet and Cranky’s adventures. It’s a good opportunity to see some historical events, new places and creatures.

Unoriginal, I don't see how Derpy and Whooves as a show would count as unoriginal. I'm glad the CMC's didn't get a spin off, I like them as characters, but supposedly Lauren planned it as a show for the preschool demographic. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, It's just REALLY not my thing.

That... Sounds insane, but amazing at the same time.

Trixie, Starlight, Sombra, and any villain in general. 

Trixie and Starlight are far from underused in the show, I don't think they need a spinoff. Though using the villains for one would be interesting... I don't care for Sombra though, he's as developed as a brick.

Can't think of any that would be good, just a single episode or so. An entire spin off show could end up just campy and unoriginal.

What, so something like Slice Of Life?

A pre-FiM spinoff focused on the young Princesses, Celestia and Luna. It shows how they lived back then and how they came to being Princesses.

Perhaps so, that'd be neat, I'm hoping they talk more about that in the show.

Wouldn't that just be something they can inject into the current show though?

Well, now that I think about it, if they wanted to put that in there, they would have by now...

That... Sounds insane, but amazing at the same time.

Yeah, I know that will never happen. The very idea of a spin-off sounds unrealistic to me. I hope I'm wrong though. At least, the secondary characters got more screen time in the recent seasons - it's a good sign. 
  • Brohoof 1

How about adventures of the main six's parents & siblings? Have episodes on Shining & Cadence's youth or Big Mack learning wisdom in Ponyville, maybe even see the growth of the mane 6 parents like Velevet & Night light and Granny Smith. 

• Brohoof 1

I do like the idea of young Celestia, Luna and Discord.

But, an obvious one,a CMC spin off, which we'll most likely get in the future anyway.

Everyone's favorite background ponies in a complete "Slice of Life" series.

Daring Do, in an adventure series, or just based on the "books".

Or even a spin off to do with the Pets (Opal, Gummy etc)

• Brohoof 2

Octavia, doing everything with her cello and getting into comical shenanigans with DJ-PON3. When it's time to fight evil mutants, all our favorite cellist needs here is a flipping cello, even to blow up a Death Star! Said cello is now indestructible, even eventually blocking a Death Star laser at point blank range and leaving Tavi completely unharmed.

Edited by The MegaBrony
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah, I know that will never happen. The very idea of a spin-off sounds unrealistic to me. I hope I'm wrong though. At least, the secondary characters got more screen time in the recent seasons - it's a good sign. 

Yeah, plus there was Slice Of Life, so...

How about adventures of the main six's parents & siblings? Have episodes on Shining & Cadence's youth or Big Mack learning wisdom in Ponyville, maybe even see the growth of the mane 6 parents like Velevet & Night light and Granny Smith. 

Shining and Cadence's youth huh? Interesting... I too would be interested in seeing more of Twilight's parents if it weren't for them having barely any character to work with. As for Granny Smith, I believe we had an episode in the show about her childhood centred around the Apple Family Reunion which covered it pretty well.

Well a spinoff detected to people's OCs in the fandom would be extremely FUN!!! Plus people will have to request their OC so they don't have OCs that people don't want to be in the show. :)

Eh, I don't think using fan content for the official show is such a good idea, it comes off a bit tacky...

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, plus there was Slice Of Life, so...

Shining and Cadence's youth huh? Interesting... I too would be interested in seeing more of Twilight's parents if it weren't for them having barely any character to work with. As for Granny Smith, I believe we had an episode in the show about her childhood centred around the Apple Family Reunion which covered it pretty well.

Her youth was covered, but how about her journey into being a grandparent, becoming a determinant caregiver to Big Mack, AJ & Applebloom and acting as a mentor tot he three?

• Brohoof 1

I do like the idea of young Celestia, Luna and Discord.

But, an obvious one,a CMC spin off, which we'll most likely get in the future anyway.

Everyone's favorite background ponies in a complete "Slice of Life" series.

Daring Do, in an adventure series, or just based on the "books".

Or even a spin off to do with the Pets (Opal, Gummy etc)

I'm cool with a CMC series I guess, just don't make it aimed at preschoolers, but if it is, I can just ignore it, so no harm done.

The others would all work really well, for the pets I'm thinking something similar to Happy Tree Friends, except suitable for younger audiences obviously.

Octavia, doing everything with her cello and getting into comical shenanigans with DJ-PON3. When it's time to fight evil mutants, all our favorite cellist needs here is a flipping cello, even to blow up a Death Star! Said cello is now indestructible, even eventually blocking a Death Star laser at point blank range and leaving Tavi completely unharmed.

Yes, I can't believe I forgot about those two, they have so much chemistry!

Her youth was covered, but how about her journey into being a grandparent, becoming a determinant caregiver to Big Mack, AJ & Applebloom and acting as a mentor tot he three?

Perhaps such a series may be called for then.

• Brohoof 1