Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Do you like Yoshi?

Luigi

I've seen a lot of talk about Nintendo in the Media Discussion area, but the one thing I was hoping to see which I still haven't seen yet is talk about Yoshi.

post-33529-0-00609900-1479054131_thumb.png

This Happy go lucky Dinosaur made his first appearance in 1991 in the Super NES title Super Mario World. He became an instant celebrity with the Mario fanbase, and the fans wanted him to be in more games. Ask and you shall receive. Nintendo made Yoshi right at home with the Super Mario franchise, giving him his own games such as Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Story, Yoshi's New Island, and even Yoshi's Woolly World. Not to mention he's been a playable character in every iteration of Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart up to this day.

With that being said, who else is a fan of Yoshi? Feel free to comment.

Edited by Baby Flyer
  • Brohoof 7

Do you like Yoshi?

Yesyesyes.gif.gif

Fan of Yoshi since SMW, and played Yoshi's Story and Yoshi's Island countless times. He was my first favorite character to play in Smash Bros. 

One of my favorite songs is Yoshi's Story's ending:

For the video version:

Best dinosaur in the history of gaming!

yoshi_got_it_sig_by_kaki_tori.jpg

yoshi_s_island_by_know_kname-d4s9o2j.png

• Brohoof 6

He was awesome in Super Mario World. Since then....eh. I was also disappointed in how he was used in Super Mario Bros. Wii. How did his gameplay go DOWN?

200px-SMWYoshi.jpg

• Brohoof 4

I sure do! Blue flying Yoshi Was my absolute favorite in Super Mario Advance 2. This sure brings back some childhood memories. :P

Ybl2.png

• Brohoof 6

Wasnt his first appearence in Super Mario Bros 3? Or was he just added in the Super Nintendo Re-release later?

I like Yoshy, i think hes cute.  :)

No, his first appearance was Super Mario World.

Oh my...I just realized after reviewing your profile that even that was before you were born.

• Brohoof 3

Luigi has always been #1 in my book, he even says so in Mario Kart 64. However, Yoshi is still way up there. He is helpful, cute and the games where he is the main star tend to be fantastic I.E. Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story. Love those games. <3

• Brohoof 6

No, his first appearance was Super Mario World.

Okay then.

I always get confused, because i played the All Stars Version of Super Mario Bros 3, where Yoshi was in.

So i assumed, he was in the old Version as well.

• Brohoof 4

Luigi has always been #1 in my book, he even says so in Mario Kart 64. However, Yoshi is still way up there. He is helpful, cute and the games where he is the main star tend to be fantastic I.E. Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story. Love those games. <3

Luigi...I've been a fan since Super Mario Bros. 2! Too bad he was royally screwed for so long.

• Brohoof 3

Yoshi can be somewhat annoying. If you play a character that relies a lot on charging a projectile, it can be a little bit annoying if he spams his eggs and hits you while charging, especially if charging your projectile for a certain amount of time varies depending on the situation. He gets a lot of damage if he lands a neutral B, and he hits pretty darn hard. His double jump has armor, so you can't use an attack to get him out of his jump. The worst thing about Yoshi I believe is that, even though is double jump does have armor, it is possible to edgeguard him using a projectile or aerial with a long-lasting hitbox. This will guarantee a death for Yoshi because his up B doesn't offer very much lift at all. Regardless, a good Yoshi is veeeeery frustrating to fight because if they're willing to risk it, they can edgeguard pretty well and they can kill you at like 80% if they get a read. He's really good in lag because he has his side B that's difficult to shield if you're in lag, whether it's normal lag or input lag.

Seriously though, I indeed do like Yoshi as a character. He's rather cute and he's fun to ride in the Mario games. I've never played a Yoshi game before, but Wooly World looks pretty fun.

Edited by gamecubeguy214
  • Brohoof 5

OMG - I love Yoshi! :pinkie: My fave game is Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island!  :love: <333

I remember that one! It was pretty fun to breathe ice with those frozen watermelons. XD

• Brohoof 5

I've been a huge fan of yoshi since SMW although he's my main character in mario party games. As of my favorite yoshi color goes, well It's mostly blue (which is the flying) and white yoshis. I also use Yoshi in Super Smash bros 64 and melee as well and he has a good meteor smash and Down+A Air Attack and does well against the hands and giga bowser.

Yoshi's Story was my favorite Yoshi game even though I liked the game a lot. Yoshi's Island for SNES and GBA, well I've been playing it a little from the start and then probably I got into the game although It was very hard to get a perfect score on every world and stage so it took me a lot of deaths just to get the perfect score, but the hardest is the last world.

Yoshi Topsy-Turvy is one of the challenging yoshi games I ever played even though I borrowed the game from a Friend and It's pretty much hard to play as you control the GBA and not to mention getting a lot of lives and meeting the goals to go through the stages.

• Brohoof 4

Sorry but Luigi is love <3 <3

sig-4736010.sig-4735492.Year-of-Luigi.jp

*Kills Luigi*

Who is the best character now?  :yay:

Me and a friend of mine always play Super Smash Brothers together, and that friend absolutely hates Yoshi in that game. Hates him with a passion. And I think that has made him dislike Yoshi in general as well.

I like Yoshi though. He's cute. :bedeyes:

I always play Yoshi is Super Smash Brothers. It is just so satisfying to one shot people by eating them and sh*ting their egg off a cliff...  B)

Edited by Babyyoshi309
  • Brohoof 3