Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Physically Strongest Ponies?

BrawnyCharger

It's one thing to have unicorn magic and/or pegasus wings.

But having built muscle and physical strength can go a long way, especially if you're an Earth Pony.

It can be used for any purpose, for work, for carrying things, for sports. and especially for combat purposes. I mean how awesome would it be to see a powerful pony just plain SMASH through an evil army.

So who are the most powerful ponies in terms of physical strength in all of Equestria? 

Edited by The Wife of Hawks

Big Mac and Bulk Biceps are both obvious choices but then Maud Pie has proven herself to be pretty strong although she doesn't express that often due to not having a good reason. I'm going to assume that both Celestia and Luna have immense physical strength due to being alicorns.

I would say Big Mac is easily one of the strongest. That issue of the comic is done more for a gag than anything.. we really don't know how physically strong the princesses are... but we have seen Big mac pull houses and wagons full of anvils with ease. Bulk Biceps would be a contender but a lot of people all built up and muscular like that, are not always nearly as strong as they appear to be so they jury is out on him.

I will toss in that Rainbow Dash is apparently strong as all hell since she apparently can pick up and fly with obscenely large boulders and drop them in unsuspecting wagons. Maud is kind of weird, since although she is able to smash large boulders to dust with careful strikes and throw some of them large distances, she is unable to move them out of ravines by herself without a LOT of help. Writers mistake there i suppose....

The first ponies that come to my mind when asked this are AppleJack and Big Macintosh. I'm sure that there are other equally, if not stronger, other ponies out there but those two are the ones I think of first when it comes to physical strength.

• 5 years later...

You know? I recently noticed that there are at least 5 ponies that are very strong. These 5 ponies are: Applejack, Big Macintosh, Bulk Biceps, Rockhoof and Lily Longsocks. Of course, there could be more, but still, I find it interesting how there are at least 5 ponies that are very strong.

I also don't know how is it possible that I noticed this. Strength isn't even my thing. But still, I found this quite interesting.

Spoiler

BTW yes, I know it's way too late for me to reply to this thread. But still, I want to say what I have to say anyways.

This question is one that could take a whole FiM season to figure out, and would get a lot of view. Hasbro should take notes.

Obviously, Applejack has super strength, but Pinkie Pie has like 4th wall speed and strength. Then we have the ponies that look like they are strong, like Big Mac, and probably are super strong compared to other ponies.

But strength comes from ones heart........ What am I blabbing about?

• The title was changed to Physically Strongest Ponies?
  • 1 month later...