Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which pony least lives up to her element?

Ezynell

Which of the mane 6 least live up to her element?  

57 users have voted

1. 1. It's time to choose.

• Applejack
    • Fluttershy
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Rarity
    • Twilight Sparkle

And why is everyone so quick to gang up on Rarity?

Actions taken in this thread have painted a rather large target on our resident fashionista. When someone sees such a huge list of positives, one wonders, "Where are the negatives?" It doesn't help that currently, no one has attracted such attention to the ReManing 5.

In addition, perhaps certain breaks from generosity in the show stick out further in peoples' minds than breaks from loyalty or honesty for some reason.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Of note, Rainbow Dash is currently in the lead on the poll for showing her element the least so technically members are not ganging up on Rarity.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

Rarity has a quite a few set backs and can act selfish at times but she usually comes clean at the end.

Applejack lied in two episodes so far and it was her own fault.

I can't think of anything on Fluttershy off the top of my head except the iron will episode.

Pinkie Pie doesn't do much against her element except make Fluttershy cry a few times.

Rainbow Dash has her loyalty tested time and again but usually she passes the test in the end.

Twilight doesn't really have anything. Her element is very vague. How do you judge somepony by the element of magic anyways? 

Twilight doesn't really have anything. Her element is very vague. How do you judge somepony by the element of magic anyways? 

Twis element is the magic of friendship, seeing that so many of her morals revolve around the trust she has, or not has to the rest of the mane6, or Spike. From this perspective we can actually judge her pretty well.

Twilight just being the element of magic does not make sense, seeing that the show is all about the mane6 learning what their element is about, overcoming their flaws. Twilight had big problems accepting the opinion of the other mane6 at the beginning, she even though friendship was a waste of time. She learned though, like the rest of the gang learned.

It's even in the title of the show: Friendship is magic... or in the MLP theme: "Friendship makes it all complete" The six elements of harmony are generosity, honesty, loyality, kindness,  laugther and... friendship. Makes sense really, Twi kinda is the leader of the mane6, what is more important for harmony than friendship?

The season four finale proved it without question. Twi got the last key after she accepted the friendship of Discord and forgave his betrayel. It was a deed of friendship, not magic that made it possible to open the chest.

With Twilight being the element of friendship, we can judge her how well she performs as a friend.

(edited)

I would actually say the Element of Magic is more directly the 'magic' of bringing others together. Twilight shows her Element whenever she brings ponies together. Even Winter Wrap-Up and Testing, Testing 1, 2, 3 ate examples of her showing her element to bring ponies together for a goal.

There is ample reason that Celedtia mentioned 'leadership' when going over what Twilight had gained when peaking with her in Magic Mystery Cure.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

• 11 months later...

Rainbow Dash was a close second, but I had to go with Applejack. It rather annoys me when they don't live up to their elements, because that's the one area where (aside from Discord or other interference) they're not supposed to fail. I mean, Pinkie might be the exception, because she wouldn't fail making others laugh. Everyone gets hurt sometimes, and there's nothing you can do about that. But she shouldn't hurt others, which would be failing her element.

The thing is, everyone makes mistakes. And I think that's what the writers are trying to portray when they do this type of thing. But in this area, they're supposed to represent that element. Meaning that, in theory, it's almost like the element is inside them. So even though they may mess up in any number of ways, they shouldn't be messing up in that particular area.

I honestly (pun intended) argue for Applejack only because she doesn't really get to display her element much; HOW OFTEN is she shown in a situation where she needs to be honest to save a life or improve someone's life? Not enough, really.

I know she plays the 'straight mare' role, but her expertise really seems to float more around "courage", because I feel like it's not often we see her struggle with honestly (as ALL of the others have had a fair amount of direct opposition to their element)