Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which pony least lives up to her element?

Ezynell

Which of the mane 6 least live up to her element?  

57 users have voted

1. 1. It's time to choose.

• Applejack
    • Fluttershy
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Rarity
    • Twilight Sparkle

Everyone said Rarity, but there are times when she's really generous. Like in Art of the Dress, she basically gave up all of her time to make her friend's the dresses they wanted. And she helped Fluttershy become a model, even though she wanted it herself. I'd think maybe Rainbow Dash or Applejack, but in a way they all live up to their element. And Twilight's isn't even really a personality trait.

Rarity is only generous to rich ponies and old English speaking ponies or actually only to ponies with her interest.

She made 5 amazing dresses with lots and lots of details for her friends, the regular Ponyville ruffians.

Then when they didn't like the original dresses, she REMADE them all to their liking despite how ugly they were. She made 10 dresses in a matter days, for FREE. Ask any seamstress to do that for you and they'd fall over just thinking about how stressful that would be.

I understand why people would think she lives up to her element the least, but come on, she's not THAT selfish.

I could go into reasons why she acted seemingly selfish in certain situations/episodes and how those moments don't necessarily contradict her element, but no one bothers to read that stuff. It'll get glossed over just like all the other explanations of her element on the Internet.

I voted for Rainbow Dash because while her loyal moments do shine, they are extremely rare, more rare than Rarity's generosity, and I could list some moments when she abandons her friends for other things. The time where she showed loyalty the most was in Hurricane Fluttershy. If Rainbow Dash had more opportunities like that to show her element, then she would definitely be the Element of Loyalty.

The moment in The Last Roundup is a tricky one though, because she was being extra loyal to Applejack, who needed her loyalty the most and they didn't have time to go back for Rarity and Pinkie Pie. But after they caught Applejack and just left Pinkie and Rarity in the desert? I know that was more for comic effect, but it still contradicts with RD's element.

rarity, while she is generous in large portions, it's rare that she is. Making five dresses was a brilliant feat of generosity, however she has clearly hinted towards greed, such as in secret of my xcess, she clearly hinted towards wanting the ruby, spike just gave in.

I think rarity is very greedy at times and I half expected her discorded form to be super generous XDD nonetheless despite this I still like rarity, I am a seamstress as well so I know how it goes. Her generosity was proven in making all those damned dresses for a fashion show, knowing they looked terrible and putting her name on the line so her friends could get what they wanted. Heck she dident even make her own dress in the end.

I love the marshmallow even if she can be greedy at times and when you work in high fashion you tend to develop the 'me first!' mentality unwittingly as a way to stay ahead and be seen.

(edited)

Anyone who voted for Rarity just doesn't understand her.

She's easily the most complex character, so I don't blame them.

Catching the bouquet at a wedding means you'll get married next,

and rarity wants that.

And so what?

She is so generous she wants to find somepony to share her love with <3 ~

Stop twisting words to make her look bad.

You can't handle all that fabulous ;)

~

Edited by Shankveld
  • Brohoof 3

Crap, I misread the title...in that case, I say Rarity. Excuse me while I delete my vote.

Whaaaaaat you had it right, Pinkie doesn't laugh.... at all, she's always giggling something completely different from laughing

Anyone who voted for Rarity just doesn't understand her.

She's easily the most complex character, so I don't blame them.

Catching the bouquet at a wedding means you'll get married next,

and rarity wants that.

And so what?

She is so generous she wants to find somepony to share her love with <3 ~

Stop twisting words to make her look bad.

You can't handle all that fabulous ;)

~

I Agree xD (lawl you liked my first post xD)
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Posted Image

One person calls out one pony, fans of that pony talk about why they are in fact not like that. Then those fans call out another pony, and the same thing happens. In the end I don't believe ground get's at all covered, because if you're not a fan of one pony, you often cannot fully comprehend or agree with the in-depth personality analysis that fans of that pony are going to bombard you with. For example, I'm never going to see Rarity in the light that Chigens or Shankveld do, and they will never see Dash in the light that I do, because the fact is, we simply don't care for each others favorite pony. Logic bro, there is none.

Truly, the above image explains it perfectly. I did vote for Rarity before but in the end, eh, I don't feel like singling anyone out. They all do things completely contrary to their element, apart from Twilight, who is a cop out cause she doesn't have to practice a personality trait, she instead just has to do magic all the time :P Which she does effortlessly.

• Brohoof 2

I'm gonna say fluttershy because yes she is generally kind but she's mainly just quiet. She can be kinda mean sometimes. Like she generally yells in an angry way to get peoples attention and gets mad at things that doesn't do what she wants.

She yells because no one listens too her. And sometimes her meaness in unintentionall. putting your hoof down being a counter example.

Also, She was probally just so confused by the animals being afraid of her that she simply lost it.

I vote Twi because, multiple times there have been situations where they simply could've just used magic to get out of sticky situations (for example, the manticore incident, and the hydra incident, could have both been solved with teleportation), but instead chose to escape on-hoof, only to face more dangers, while they wouldn't have happened if they used magic.

It enrages me how Twilight seems to have accepted that she is magically gifted, yet is a lazy daughter of a pimp and does nothing in situations that they could have escaped without consequence. It makes Wishie ashamed to be a unicorn. :mellow:

As much as I love her, I'm going to have to say Rarity. Her actual generosity seems to kick in only when it's very necessary. That is, if there's a life/death situation, or at the end of an episode dedicated to her.

It was a tough choice between Rarity and Applejack.

I don't know who voted for Rainbow.

So I decided, would I rather be lied to? Or have some one be selfish to me?

So I voted Applejerk.

Gurda be Rurity.

The only moments in where she really demonstrates generosity is in that dress episode...

Why have 2 people voted for Twi? She's the most powerful unicorn in Equestria.

How can Twilight NOT be her element? What, suddenly she can NEVER use magic?

>Looks at how affluent Rarity is

>Looks at how affluent her neighbors and other locals are

This is one misconception, in my mind. The main reason people can call he affluent are the large number of jewels she has and the niceness of her house. Jewels are actually much more common on Equestria, to the point that they aren't very valuable. The reason her house is nice because she lives and works in a boutique, where everything HAS to look nice or she won't sell any dresses.

I'm going with Rainbow Dash. She comes through ONLY when the situation demands it. Beyond that, I REALLY just don't like Rainbow Dash sometimes.