Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if we created a religion centered around My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Tilgoreth

I was just on /r/The_Donald and got banned for trolling. I trolled them by talking about my religion Ponyism. Then I thought what if I actually created it. I wouldn't mind worshipping pony gods. It would be a polythestic religion made up of both male and female ponies. Each god would represent a different trait. Depending on which gods you worshipped you'd take on there traits. Also the relgion would center on the idea that friendship is magic. It would be a pacifist and very expecting relgion. Out holy text would be the shoe any movies and any official book releases.

• Brohoof 1

each I know it's really silly.quote name="Someguyinablazer" post="4739551" timestamp="1479529894"]You mean that's not a thing already?

Imagine a terror cell from that religion. Poniest extremest cell vows to unleash love on west. I imagine it would be kind of like this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W_l_7eX6Sho

There could be the lunar cult where everyone tries lucid dreaming and astral projecting then the sleep loss makes them insane then they think they are possessed by nmm.

Yeah that sounds hilarious.

Religions are societal cancer. You cannot make a religion so benign it cannot be used to manipulate the weak minded faithful. Just do not go there.

Yes but Ponyism would be a positive relgion. With the centeral theme being that friendship is magic.

You mean that's not a thing already?

Imagine a terror cell from that religion. Poniest extremest cell vows to unleash love on west. I imagine it would be kind of like this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W_l_7eX6Sho

Yeah I know it's really silly.

Yes but Ponyism would be a positive relgion. With the centeral theme being that friendship is magic.Yeah I know it's really silly.

Christianity is supposed to be a positive religion, with a central theme of Love thy neighbour. Now, go read up on the Crusades, and everything since.

• Brohoof 3

Christianity is supposed to be a positive religion, with a central theme of Love thy neighbour. Now, go read up on the Crusades, and everything since.

It doesn't mean we couldn't make positive.

…and after death the members of Pony Cult go to Equestria. Also, the world will finally know who the Invisible Pink Unicorn is. 

But seriously, please, don’t mix religion with ponies. It will only bring more confusion and hatred from non-bronies, no matter how positive your intentions are. And it will be misused like all the other religions.

The only (kind of) religious thing about ponies that is OK with me is saying “Thank’s Celestia/Luna” or “For Celestia’s/Luna’s sake!”. But worshipping is too much, I think.

• Brohoof 2

Actually I've been wondering on that one myself. I agree, that the whole idea is silly and ridiculous, but it's not any different from other religions.

Well... the whole religion subject is a joke for me.

Somebody made a random story about OP entities and people keep believing in them even though they didn't see a thing, nor experience anything.

Sooooooo let's say, that I secretly believe in Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. They are as legit as gods from other religions, because I highly doubt, that somepony could prove, that Jesus Christ ever existed, for example. And why humans have to be the rulers of this world? What if the world was created by a pony in the first place? Or other entity?

Christians say, that god lives in the sky/heaven ~ well, people even managed to get to the space through the sky and there was no god there. Did he abandon ship when he noticed, how the humanity got corrupted?  :dash:

I find few religions scary, weird or even sometimes just kinda ugly and incomprehensible, if not ridiculous - how many gods are there already? 3.2e7?

For me, worshiping 'legit' gods is as silly as worshiping princesses would be and that's why I don't care about religion and who believes in what.  >_> I mean, I respect their believes and I don't judge. I won't dislike anypony just because of the religion ~ generally that's the subject, that I'm not touching at all during conversations. They can even believe in Barbie, who cares.  ^_^

I'm not sure what ponyism is though, but the princesses and central theme of Magic of Friendship would be a great material to create a legit-sounding/looking religion, when comparing to few others, that are even sillier. ...Especially the ones that make people die for that religion. Now that's ridiculous.

So I'll just keep secretly believing in princesses.. There's just Princess Celestia and Princess Luna watching over our (and not only) world, by moving the Sun and Moon around.

That'll be... Equestrism.. (Equestrianizm in Polish) - Yeah, that's a legit thing now.  :D

If people truly believe in non-existing things, then I don't see anything wrong with believing in what you really want to believe, even if that's silly and stuff. To be honest I wish those princesses were here instead of random rulers of the world. There were wars and I'm pretty sure there will be next ones ~ who will stop that? Nopony. But if there would be those two princesses, who really would care about the harmony and would be able to prevent from actions like this, then that would be amazing.  :catface:

Don't get me wrong though, I didn't mean to offend anyone, so don't take it personally, if I accidentally made a joke of your religion or something.  :rarity:  

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 2

A religion based on a TV show? Sounds legit

Yes we would pray to the almighty Goddes Fluttershy and Twilight Sparkle!

…and after death the members of Pony Cult go to Equestria. Also, the world will finally know who the Invisible Pink Unicorn is. 

But seriously, please, don’t mix religion with ponies. It will only bring more confusion and hatred from non-bronies, no matter how positive your intentions are. And it will be misused like all the other religions.

The only (kind of) religious thing about ponies that is OK with me is saying “Thank’s Celestia/Luna” or “For Celestia’s/Luna’s sake!”. But worshipping is too much, I think.

I was joking. But the relgion would be positive.

I sort of had a go at this a couple years ago (and at MLPF) with The Cult of Pony Wisdom. x3

You are now Ponyism head priest.

Actually I've been wondering on that one myself. I agree, that the whole idea is silly and ridiculous, but it's not any different from other religions.

Well... the whole religion subject is a joke for me.

Somebody made a random story about OP entities and people keep believing in them even though they didn't see a thing, nor experience anything.

Sooooooo let's say, that I secretly believe in Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. They are as legit as gods from other religions, because I highly doubt, that somepony could prove, that Jesus Christ ever existed, for example. And why humans have to be the rulers of this world? What if the world was created by a pony in the first place? Or other entity?

Christians say, that god lives in the sky/heaven ~ well, people even managed to get to the space through the sky and there was no god there. Did he abandon ship when he noticed, how the humanity got corrupted?  :dash:

I find few religions scary, weird or even sometimes just kinda ugly and understandable, if not ridiculous - how many gods are there already? 3.2e7?

For me, worshiping 'legit' gods is as silly as worshiping princesses would be and that's why I don't care about religion and who believes in what.  >_> I mean, I respect their believes and I don't judge. I won't dislike anypony just because of the religion ~ generally that's the subject, that I'm not touching at all during conversations. They can even believe in Barbie, who cares.  ^_^

I'm not sure what ponyism is though, but the princesses and central theme of Magic of Friendship would be a great material to create a legit-sounding/looking religion, when comparing to few others, that are even sillier. ...Especially the ones that make people die for that religion. Now that's ridiculous.

So I'll just keep secretly believing in princesses.. There's just Princess Celestia and Princess Luna watching over our (and not only) world, by moving the Sun and Moon around.

That'll be... Equestrism.. (Equestrianizm in Polish) - Yeah, that's a legit thing now.  :D

If people truly believe in non-existing things, then I don't see anything wrong with believing in what you really want to believe, even if that's silly and stuff. To be honest I wish those princesses were here instead of random rulers of the world. There were wars and I'm pretty sure there will be next ones ~ who will stop that? Nopony. But if there would be those two princesses, who really would care about the harmony and would be able to prevent from actions like this, then that would be amazing.  :catface:

Don't get me wrong though, I didn't mean to offend anyone, so don't take it personally, if I accidentally made a joke of your religion or something.  :rarity:

Are all bronies atheists? Also I was joking. I don't actually want to worship a cartoon. But if I did it would be called Ponyism. As I am the founder.

It already exists, it's called the brony fandom.

Glad I already joined.

Yeah! We all know, that ponies exist, so there's nothing else but believe. :3

Exactly my point.
  • Brohoof 2

Are all bronies atheists? Also I was joking. I don't actually want to worship a cartoon.

I have no idea, but I'm pretty sure bronies believe in different things.

And of course, I didn't mean to actually build churches for Princesses etc., let's not be ridiculous.. But when I think about it... Singing nice pony songs in here would be awe- er- I mean, yeah, that would be silly.  :squee:

But if I did it would be called Ponyism. As I am the founder.

Yeah, it sounds simpler. Anyway I'm pretty sure that term and idea was mentioned many times already - to not search far, by me. Some people talk to god - I'm kiiiiinda doing this to princesses instead.  :-P It's silly, but that's the same thing so why not?  ^_^

• Brohoof 1

I have no idea, but I'm pretty sure bronies believe in different things.

And of course, I didn't mean to actually build churches for Princesses etc., let's not be ridiculous.. But when I think about it... Singing nice pony songs in here would be awe- er- I mean, yeah, that would be silly.  :squee:

Yeah, it sounds simpler. Anyway I'm pretty sure that term and idea was mentioned many times already - to not search far, by me. Some people talk to god - I'm kiiiiinda doing this to princesses instead.  :-P It's silly, but that's the same thing so why not?  ^_^

Yeah it would be silly. But it would be the most epic relgion ever. And yes I am the founder. I even just prayed to Fluttershy.

• 2 weeks later...

My feelings for Celestia is the closest I've to actual love and reverence for a religious figure.

But she's not even real and her role as a goddess is debatable among the fandom. 

If she was made real like in Friendship is optimal, I'd be the first one sending her some prayers.

After I immigrated to Equestria of course. 

No it is not a cult.l

The difference between a cult and a religion is whether the government had it recorded.

Or at least I'm pretty sure that's how it works. 

Um, I didn't actually look to see what this was in reference to by the way. XD 

Edited by Lucky Star
  • Brohoof 1