Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if we created a religion centered around My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic

Tilgoreth

My feelings for Celestia is the closest I've to actual love and reverence for a religious figure.

But she's not even real and her role as a goddess is debatable among the fandom. 

If she was made real like in Friendship is optimal, I'd be the first one sending her some prayers.

After I immigrated to Equestria of course. 

The difference between a cult and a religion is whether the government had it recorded.

Or at least I'm pretty sure that's how it works. 

Um, I didn't actually look to see what this was in reference to by the way. XD

Revering Luna makes more sense. At least she cna give you psychadelic dreams.

a religion is something people believe in and a lot of people seem to believe in the idea that friendship is magic

No they just like the show.

cause people are haters. what they don't like or understand they'll give it a negative label

I guess but I don't care because I ease joking.

If it was just because they liked the show then the fandom wouldn't be so diverse and at some level fanatical such as the endless accumulation of Mlp merchandise and spending almost all your time watching the show over and over along with so much fanfics not to mention the brotherhood among bronys there is something else than simply a liking of the show perhaps there might be some real magic at work after all an interesting theory to be sure

• Brohoof 1

If it was just because they liked the show then the fandom wouldn't be so diverse and at some level fanatical such as the endless accumulation of Mlp merchandise and spending almost all your time watching the show over and over along with so much fanfics not to mention the brotherhood among bronys there is something else than simply a liking of the show perhaps there might be some real magic at work after all an interesting theory to be sure

Wait do you have something against buying slot of mlp merch?

we already did that 

on the WORST Army Exercise ever our section (squad) basically found out we all watched MLP 

so we made Luna our god (you get bored after living in the bush for 2 months) it got to the point where the Padre legitimately thought it was an actual religion and offered to give us a universal service on Sundays

we said yes 

however the kicker? it had been raining heavily for 5 days and was not meant to stop for another 4 so we preyed to Luna 

next morning that was the end of the rain it was sunny skies for the remainder for the exercise so you see we should all praise the God of War and protector of the night Luna

Edited by idunnomaybe
  • Brohoof 1

we already did that 

on the WORST Army Exercise ever our section (squad) basically found out we all watched MLP 

so we made Luna our god (you get bored after living in the bush for 2 months) it got to the point where the Padre legitimately thought it was an actual religion and offered to give us a universal service on Sundays

we said yes 

however the kicker? it had been raining heavily for 5 days and was not meant to stop for another 4 so we preyed to Luna 

next morning that was the end of the rain it was sunny skies for the remainder for the exercise so you see we should all praise the God of War and protector of the night Luna

Ithink your trolling but cool regardless. :7) :(:o :-o

Ithink your trolling but cool regardless. :7) :(:o :-o

ah... no i'm not "trolling"

the Military is full of stupid things like that for example and the end of that same exercise two of my mates had to stay behind for three extra days and had their phones taken off them because they were caught using them

• Brohoof 1

ah... no i'm not "trolling"

the Military is full of stupid things like that for example and the end of that same exercise two of my mates had to stay behind for three extra days and had their phones taken off them because they were caught using them

Oh ok the story just sounded made up.

Oh ok the story just sounded made up.

All militaries are now overly PC for the sake of public perception 

if you say you are of a certain religion even if its made up they have to accommodate that however this "PC attitude" is with very very high ranks only the lower ranks don't like it or follow it which is why we turned it into a joke by making Luna our God 

Edited by idunnomaybe
  • Brohoof 1

All militaries are now overly PC for the sake of public perception 

if you say you are of a certain religion even if its made up they have to accommodate that however this "PC attitude" is with very very high ranks only the lower ranks don't like it or follow it which is why we turned it into a joke by making Luna our God

Which military? Do you mean the United States military?

Which military? Do you mean the United States military?

no like all western ones so

UK

Australia

America 

Canada (theirs is REALLY fucking bad) 

not sure about none English speaking countries though 

Edited by idunnomaybe
  • Brohoof 1

• 6 years later...

I jump on this old ancient thread to raise it from the dead.

Celestianism is much still alive, and last year a new homepage was created for it.

On the homepage you can find a lot of stuff about Celesianism (of course), and we have a very good assistant Raven, that can answer nearly ANY question about MLP.

I hope more ponys that are really serious about true friendship and understanding will enjoy this, and start to discuss in this tread.

Feel very welcome!

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

I see a bright future for IBC “The International Branch of Celestianism”

There is a lot happening in the background, and the homepage gets more attention.

I understand that many may think "religion" is a heavy subject, take a moment and read about it. Then go figure, Isn't Bronys and Pegas about friendship and harmony? For those deep into the fandom this is just a way to show how much we do love ponies. To show kindness and understanding. Celestianism promotes the value of friendship, kindness, and understanding. It encourages us to look out for one another, and to be open to learning from one another. It also teaches us to embrace the beauty of the world and to be respectful of the world and its inhabitants. It promotes a sense of joy, peace, and harmony that is beneficial to us all.

I do love it :pinkie:

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I know I am rather late jumping into the thread here but really most beliefs have so much in common with each other it actually would not be too hard to put them together under MLP with the common beliefs of most other religions together.   

So, creating a real MLP spirituality group could very much be possible.