Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your NOTP

Nylon

Now, I've seen many MANY OTP threads across the internet, but probably never any threads reguarding NOTPs. What's a NOTP you ask? Well OTP means "One True Pairing" and NOTP means the exact opposite of that? What's the shipping you like the least? If you just flat out find it intolerable that's perfectly fine. Go ahead and let it all out. :)

• Brohoof 1

There are a few popular ships from anime that I have come to disagree with. I understand that the following ships are favored by many in the anime community, and that's totally fine, but I tend to ship them with others instead or myself.

:orly:

• Naruto and Hinata
  • Sasuke and Sakura
  • Shikamaru and Temari
  • Rock Lee and Tenten
  • Soul and Maka
  • Natsu and Lucy
  • Gray and Juvia
  • Gajeel and Levy
  • Sting and Yuhiko
  • Archer and Rin

FlutterMac, Shining Sparkle (for incest reasons) ApplePie, RariJack, TwiSpike (yes I have seen that one before) Sparity, Big Burn (Big Mac x Breburn ... Im not saying I hate gay people, thats fine if you are gay and I understand it completely because I know someone in my own family who actually is gay, but thats not the point ... its your choice to not be straight, I just dont like Big Mac and Breburn ship ...) and thats to name a few

-Spike/Rarity

-Spike/Twilight

-Shining Armor/Twilight Sparkle

-Shining Armor/Princess Cadence

-Flash Sentry/Twilight

-Comet Tail/Twilight

-Big Macintosh/Applejack

-Big Macintosh/Braeburn

-Big Macintosh/Fluttershy

-Big Macintosh/Cherilee

-King Sombra/Fluttershy

-King Sombra/Princess Cadence

-Braeburn/Troubleshoes

-Blueblood/Rarity

-Button Mash/Sweetie Belle

-Soarin'/Rainbow Dash

-Soarin'/Spitfire

-Thunderlane/Rarity

-Mane 6/Background pony

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Edited by Lord Magnus
  • Brohoof 1

Pretty much any same sex or hetero relationship that isnt in line with what would be an original characters sexuality. 

Example, I dont mind MaleXMale ships, they dont interest me, but they arent bad either. However if you pair characters like say, Goku and Vegeta..... Well dont expect a peep out of me.

The same for gay characters. If Akise from Future diary is shipped with Yuno or 9th or something, then I wont be interested. Part of shipping for me is making the plausible, fail that, sensible. Typically if and when I rarely ship (for when im reaaaaaaallly bored) I like to not distort canon too much.

Any pedophile or incest pairing.

But from this fandom in particular:

- MarbleMac (too close to incest, and Flash Sentry is a more interesting character than Marble Pie.)

- Spike X Twilight

- Shining Armor x Twilight

- Celestia x Twilight

- Big Mac x Applejack

- Applejack x Caramel 

- Pinkie Pie x Pokey Pierce

- Twilight x Comet Tail (apparently Flash Sentry gets a lot of flack for his romance with Twilight due to not having a lot of personality, but apparently a literal background prop gets a free pass in the fandom for shipping with her.)

I am against all BG ponies x Mane 6 parings as well.

1.FlutterDash

2.PinkieDash

3.AppleDash

4.FlutterMac

5.TwiDash

6.RarityJack

7.RarityDash

8.LunaCord

9.Celestia x Twilight

These are the fan ships I really dislike  :P

Edited by RDRainbows
  • Brohoof 1

Any incest ship and any ship that goes against a already cannon ship (Such as the royal couple or the Cake family).

I don't really care much for ships to begin with, but those are the ones that do get a bit annoying. The fandom does have a tendency to ship two characters just because they were in an episode together or so much as looked at one another when they were talking. 

<p>

There are a few popular ships from anime that I have come to disagree with. I understand that the following ships are favored by many in the anime community, and that's totally fine, but I tend to ship them with others instead or myself.

:orly:

• Naruto and Hinata
  • Sasuke and Sakura
  • Shikamaru and Temari
  • Rock Lee and Tenten
  • Soul and Maka
  • Natsu and Lucy
  • Gray and Juvia
  • Gajeel and Levy
  • Sting and Yuhiko
  • Archer and Rin

NaruHina a nOTP?

Then who do they end up with?

NaruHina a nOTP?

Then who do they end up with?

I just never liked them as a couple. Hinata was also never a character that I came to like... Honestly, I would rather see Natuto and Sakura together.

-Any incest pairing, including cousins.

-Any breaking of a canon ship (Shining Armor/Cadence or Carrot Cake/Cup Cake shipped with any other characters).

-Most adult/child pairings (Spike/Rarity is one of my exceptions).

-Any gay ship where one or both characters is obviously straight (e.g. shipping Spike with another male character) and vice versa.

• Brohoof 1

Pretty much anything pedophilic or overly incestuous is a nope from me. Aside from that:

1. TwiLestia - I see this relationship as motherly, so it gets into all sorts of uncomfortable territory for me. Cannot deal with it. 
  2. FlutterCord - Not my least favourite ship but I cannot see how a relationship between these two would end even slightly well. 
  3. RariJack - There are maybe two episodes out of the several they spend together where I can even tolerate them together, let alone believe that they're friends. Too often they clash or bring out the worst in each other. 
  4. TwiDash - Basically a more tolerable version of RariJack. Feel these two often bring out the worst in each other, and like Rarity and Applejack, it also seems like their personalities inevitably clash. 
  5. Basically anything involving Princess Cadance or Shining Armour, at least if it's implied to be infidelity. If it's presented as polyamory, or some kind of open relationship, then it's fine. 
  6. FlashLight - Because canon is so overrated. 
  7. SoarinDash - Never thought of this as one I dislike, but as I think about it, I feel like this relationship would be much more interesting if taken in a non-romantic context. Does Rainbow have to be in love with her only male idol? Kinda feels reductive to me. 

Any incest

Shadouge (Shadow the hedgehog and Rouge the Bat)

Gundam Tanaka and Sonia Nevermind (Dongan Ronoa 2)

That's all I have actually. 

SciTwiShimmer!

What can be worse than terrible carbon copy of a character that you love?

Shipping her with somepony that YOU ship the character that you love with! That's what!

Edited by Light Blade
  • Brohoof 1

Any Naruto ship involving Sasuke or Hinata.  I hate them both as characters, so I'd rather they didn't touch the more likeable characters.

Any ship involving Fluttershy, just like with Sasuke and Hinata, I don't enjoy her presence.

Twilight x Flash.  I don't like love interest characters because most of the time, they exist only to give another character a boy/girlfriend.  So I'm very annoyed by it.

Sonic the hedgehog x Amy Rose.  I don't like Amy, as I've said with Flash Sentry, I don't usually enjoy love interests.  Amy is like Flash Sentry except super annoying and selfish.

Knuckles the echidna x Rouge the bat.  I just don't think they could work.  One is a gaurdian protecting an island and a magical emerald.  Rouge is a thief who's constantly trying to take said magical emerald.  I feel like Knux would have a very hard time trusting her.  And besides, I like Knuckles x Blaze better.

Luigi x Rosalina.  Rosalina isn't bad, I just like Luigi with Daisy better.

tumblr_mx4cuwYGkh1rad16no1_400.gif

Even as a joke my NoTPs anger me sooooooooo much. I got very few of them but they just HAVE to be so popular among this forsaken fanbase. I don't care how well drawn it is, I HATE it!

Edited by Bored2death

SciTwiShimmer!

What can be worse than terrible carbon copy of a character that you love?

Shipping her with somepony that YOU ship the character that you love with! That's what!

Now, I like Sci-Twi a fair bit, but I'm definitely growing to dislike SciTwiShimmer as well, if only because there's so much more art of it than the original SunLight lately. Apparently shipping is all about proximity and nothing else. Ugh. 

-Adult characters shipped with minors (especially Spike x Rarity)

-Incest ships, or ships involving characters that have an established family-like bond

-Ships that go against canon pairings

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...