Mohawk Blaze

Technology What code editor do you use?

There seem to be a lot of Sublime users here! It is a very handy and intuitive editor. I use Sublime as a general text editor and for coding simple programs in C and Java. For larger programs in C++ and Java, I use Visual Studio and IntelliJ, respectively. When working with C# in Unity, I just use the MonoDevelop IDE that comes with it. I have also on occasion used Vim and Emacs on Linux machines when other editors are unavailable.

I just use the Editor, but I'm not coding very much, so that's fine for me.

Dang, not much love for Visual Studio and Visual Studio Code here. That's a shame considering some of your beloved Poniverse staff have started using it (and have liked it).

• Brohoof 1

Badges

since Godot has a built in text editor, i use that but, Geany also works pretty well

Badges

Brackets for light stuff and web stuff, because I love how lightweight and snappy it is. And how unobtrusive the autocomplete is.

For C++ I tend to use Visual Studio because it's just so beefy and solid. And I've spent a lot of hours building many-thousand-of-lines projects. A lot of other editors tend to start dying a bit at the 2 or 3 thousand mark, I find. Also lovely broken CLR support.

Python is either Pycharm (*unf* sadly I cannot afford a thing these days:(() or Spyder/Python's own IDLE. Both have their pros and cons: Spyder is awesome, has great displays, and is great for integration with Conda, etc. and allows you to test in a temporary file. But it's so slow to start on my machine. IDLE is fast, snappy, but lacking in some pretty basic features, like line numbers.

Notepad++ or visual studio 

Rather than starting us off with text editors, my high school threw us into the hungry jaws of IDEs... 

I guess the thing which most accurately answers the question is Vim for C projects in school :pinkie: I grab whatever the latest Eclipse is for java and use Pycharm for Python of course! 

Edited by Beached Whale