Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

hearths warming contest Pony.fm's Hearth's Warming Contest!

SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED!

Thank you for entering. Check out this post for more details

sig-4741746.sig-4741746.sig-4741746.sig-

Image by Brian Blackberry

Attention music artists! Get your music making skills ready because Pony.fm is launching a special contest for the Christmas season! Do you think you can produce the best Christmas/Hearth's Warming song? We’re holding a song contest to find the best Hearth’s Warming songs this season. They can be original songs or remixes of some of the show’s songs from the Hearth’s Warming episodes.

To submit, just upload a track to Pony.fm between now and the 18th of December and make sure to check "Submit to Hearth's Warming Contest" in the track editor.

The best three songs made by you will be featured on the homepage of Pony.fm on the week of Christmas and you’ll be receiving an Amazon gift voucher ($50 for 1st place, $25 for 2nd and $10 for 3rd). Songs that are not featured in the homepage will be put into a Hearth's Warming playlist for all to enjoy.

Submissions are open right now! We’ll close the submissions on the 18th 20th of December and the winners will be announced a few days before Christmas. Please be sure to read the official contest rules. If you want to collab with other composers, feel free. So, what are you waiting for! Get out there and start making some great tunes!

EDIT: We've extended the closing date to the 20th!

FAQs:

Will you accept Winter Wrap Up Remixes?
No. They take place canonically after Heath's Warming and are not accepted. We're looking for Hearth's Warming related songs

Does it matter when I started working on the song?
Nope. You can submit existing songs or brand new songs. You can even submit songs that are already uploaded, just open the track editor and check the submit box

I don’t live in the US, can I still win a gift voucher?
Yes! We’re quoting the gift voucher amount in US Dollars. However if you live outside the US and win the contest, we’ll try to get you a gift voucher on your country's Amazon website of equal value. If you live in a country where Amazon doesn’t operate or doesn’t provide gift voucher codes or we can’t get you one for other reasons, we’ll try to find an alternative prize of equal value

Contest Rules and Terms (Also available at https://pony.fm/hwc2016-rules)

1. Eligibility
This contest is open to anyone with a Poniverse.net user account “Poniverse account”. Entrants are required produce an original song or remix of a song from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic based around the theme of “Hearth’s Warming” (Christmas).This contest is open worldwide to anyone over the age of 18 and void where prohibited by law. Members of Poniverse are allowed to enter this contest with the exception of those who are directly connected with the administration or development of Pony.fm and/or administration or judging of this contest.

2. Agreement to terms
By submitting a song to this contest on the Pony.fm website, the entrant is indicating their agreement to these terms and conditions and agree to be fully bound by these rules

3. Contest time frame
This contest opens for submissions on 21st of November 2016, the contest will stop accepting submissions on 20th of December 2016. All times for this contest will be in GMT.

4. Entry
To enter the contest, entrants must upload a song to the Pony.fm website and enable the “Submit to Hearth’s Warming Contest” checkbox when publishing their song. Upon doing this, the entrant is agreeing to the rules and terms laid out here. Entrants that do not follow the rules may be disqualified at the discretion of Poniverse. An entrant can submit an unlimited number of entries. The amount of entries submitted does not automatically increase the odds of winning. The judges will also create a playlist of the majority of entries submitted to the contest for featuring on Pony.fm. Entering the contest does not result in a guaranteed place on this list. Judges will add most of the entries submitted, with the exception of: entries that break the rules and entries that are deemed to be of poor quality. If an entrant submits multiple entries, they can only have a maximum of three entries on the contest playlist.

5. Winner selection
There will be three prize winners picked from this contest. Winners are picked by group of Poniverse members. The group of Poniverse members who will judge this entries will be chosen by the Poniverse member, “Logic”. Judges will award up to three winners. These winners will be picked based on the quality of the entries as perceived by the judges. The winning entrants, as chosen by judges, are final unless it is later found that one or more of the winners have broken the rules. Winners will be announced some time after the contest has closed. Poniverse reserves the right to redraw winners at any point if there is suspicion or proof that a winner has broken the terms.

6. Prizes
The first place prize winner will receive a 50 USD Amazon.com gift voucher code. Second place will receive a 25 USD Amazon.com gift voucher code. Third place will recieve a 10 USD Amazon.com gift voucher code. The three winners will also have their entries featured on the Pony.fm homepage for 1 week after the winners are announced. Prizes are nontransferable. The winner must have a valid Poniverse.net account with a valid and current email registered with that account. Poniverse will attempt to contact the winner upon winning, if Poniverse does not receive a response within a reasonable amount of time (determined by Poniverse), the winners may be redrawn. If the winner is not living in the United States of America when they win the contest, Poniverse will attempt to offer an Amazon gift voucher in their resident country with an approximate equal value in their resident country’s currency. If Poniverse cannot provide an Amazon gift voucher to the winner for any reason, Poniverse will seek alternative prize offerings. If an alternative prize cannot be agreed upon within a reasonable amount of time, Poniverse will redraw the winners. Poniverse does not accept responsibility for the prize being lost or stolen.

7. Copyright
Upon submitting an entry to the contest, entrants are confirming that their entry is their own original work or their own original remix of a song from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic based around the theme of “Hearth’s Warming” (Christmas). Remixes of songs from the show will be reviewed for originality. Poniverse may choose to disqualify some remixes that sound too similar to the original song. Entries produced by multiple people may be submitted if all parties have agreed on its submission. The entrant agrees, upon entering their song in the contest, they have the right to submit the song. Poniverse will disqualify tracks that are in breach of copyright law.

• Brohoof 12

In case you haven't seen, Poniverse just announce Making Christmas Merrier V, our fifth annual charity drive. We're aiming to raise $3000 for Charity: Water. MCM is our big annual charity drive for the holidays. If you're interested you can check out the thread over here to donate.

Oh and as we raise money, we'll be announcing some stretch goals. No hints or spoilers, but some of them do involve some staff doing some very embarrassing things :) The only way to find out what they are is to get out and donate!

• Brohoof 1

Question: What about covers of songs on It's a Pony Kind of Christmas? 

That is absolutely fine. Anything Christmas related is ok

• Brohoof 2

The support of this is incredible I feel so grateful to be a part of this. Maybe I could make a song for this just for fun hehe.

Sorry man :( In order to keep things fair, there's a clause in the terms, specifically this one "Members of Poniverse are allowed to enter this contest with the exception of those who are directly connected with the administration or development of Pony.fm and/or administration or judging of this contest." So anyone who is involved with Pony.fm can't compete, want to avoid suspicion of rigging 

• Brohoof 1

I'd really love to participate, and be it just so I can finally use all those Christmas cliché sounds I've got at hoof. I've always wanted to make a Hearth's Warming song, at least ever since I acquired that Yamaha FM expander.

However, I don't know whether I'll make it in time, what with three more pieces of music that have to be completed and released before the end of the year. (That kind of deadline that really forces you to finally get something done...) My way of making music is quite time-consuming. And I don't even have a solid idea for a Hearth's Warming song yet.

• Brohoof 2

Remember, musicians: if you participate, you make Viola and Buffy happy. Good luck to anyone who enters the contest! And don't forget to have fun  :-P drszPWc.png

• Brohoof 2

Just to let you guys know, we've pushed the deadline back until the 20th. 2 extra days to make your submissions the best they can be!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Whoops! We had a small hiccup last night where the submit box disappeared 2 days before the deadline. So sorry about this! This has been fixed now

• Brohoof 1

Just to let you guys know, we've pushed the deadline back until the 20th. 2 extra days to make your submissions the best they can be!

Thank you so much. I wasn't able to start until this weekend, and it makes me feel a lot more comfortable knowing that I have a little more time to tweak my composition instead of having to rush the whole thing quite so much.

EDIT: just for clarification, to qualify, I must submit my track at or before 11:59 pm GMT on the 20th, correct?

Edited by kingtiger
  • Brohoof 2

Thank you so much. I wasn't able to start until this weekend, and it makes me feel a lot more comfortable knowing that I have a little more time to tweak my composition instead of having to rush the whole thing quite so much.

EDIT: just for clarification, to qualify, I must submit my track at or before 11:59 pm GMT on the 20th, correct?

The submission box on the site will disappear at 11:59:59 pm GMT on the 20th. As long as you check the box and hit save before that time you should be good

• Brohoof 1

Excuse me, why do I not see the submitted track in my track list?

Is it okay?

It's definitely been submitted, I'm listening to it right now. It appears your user account has been disabled, do you want me to re-enable it for you?

EDIT: Ah I see why. You've got two accounts, https://pony.fm/electron and https://pony.fm/electron-disabled You've submitted the track using the disabled account

• Brohoof 1