Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Might as well say "hi" in here as well

Bubs

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony: Pinkie Pie

How did you find MLP Forums?: Through the babscon website

How you became a fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: <-- Look at that avatar to left. ;) About 15 years ago I started watching that show (as a 20-y/o) and since then used "Bubbles" as a nickname and avatar on various fora: I sorta could identify with her: I was more or less blondhaired (nowadays it's turning more reddish), wearing a ponytail, blue coloured eyes, and usually sweet. But when properly provoked I too can become 'hardcore'. One big difference, though: I'm male.So about 2 years ago a co-worker of mine alerted me to MLP, stating "one of the main characters is voiced by the same voice actress as your avatar, you might like this show as well". At first I was a bit sceptical, but nevertheless watched a couple of episodes. It wasn't half bad, but as I was watching Star Trek (NG and VOY) at the time, I put it on hold until summer last year. Then binge watched 5 seasons in about a month and decided that I probably was a brony by then.

What else is there to say? I'm Dutch. So any spelling, grammar or other linguistic mistakes, I blame that. :orly:

Oh, and I'm attending BABSCon next year (so that's a huge trip for me). Hopefully Tara Strong will be there, so I can tell her the above story as well, as she signs a Bubbles doll for me. ^_^

• Brohoof 3

Thanks all for the warm welcome!

Are you a fan of the other original PPG and the reboot?

Welcome to the site... hope you have a great time here with us.

To be more precise, I started watching the PPG show nearly from the start, probably early '99 and continued watching it (although not on a regular basis) 'till summer 2002, when I moved out from my parents. I did see the movie, but haven't really seen any episodes after that, so I don't know to what other original you're referring, nor have I seen a reboot.

• Brohoof 1

Thanks all for the warm welcome!

To be more precise, I started watching the PPG show nearly from the start, probably early '99 and continued watching it (although not on a regular basis) 'till summer 2002, when I moved out from my parents. I did see the movie, but haven't really seen any episodes after that, so I don't know to what other original you're referring, nor have I seen a reboot.

Yeah the original series ran from 1998 to 2004 and ended after 6 seasons. The reboot started this year and is referred to by some as the 2016 PPG's. It has met with very mixed opinions but is generally not well liked by fans of the original series to those I talk to and read about.

• Brohoof 1

Hello Bubs, nice to meet you. Welcome to forums. I hope you get use to our community as soon as possible and i am sure that you ll meet lots of ponies there. If you wish to ask or talk about anything, i ll be around. See ya..    :)