Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Disney Pixar's Cars 3

OMG Cars is one of my fav movies, and I knew about the third movie, but this trailer.... wow, just wow... HYPE!!!!  :pinkie:  :pinkie:  :pinkie:  :pinkie:   :pinkie:  :pinkie:

I loved the first film and this trailer has reignited that love again! Looks like a trailer for a DC movie (hopefully it won't have the later disappointment that comes with the movie's release! :lol: )

I loved the first film and this trailer has reignited that love again! Looks like a trailer for a DC movie (hopefully it won't have the later disappointment that comes with the movie's release! :lol: )

Yes I LOVED the first movie, the second wasn't the best, but this trailer looks stunning I agree! Yeah, sure hope the movie won't be like Cars 2 haha

• Brohoof 2

Yes I LOVED the first movie, the second wasn't the best, but this trailer looks stunning I agree! Yeah, sure hope the movie won't be like Cars 2 haha

Yer the second one seemed like a tv spinoff or something, but this trailer is so emotional! What gets me is that you can't see Lightning's face at all, his eyes are closed and his face appears to be unmoving, kind of concerning and adds to the gravity of the situation! :o 

It looks like it might not be the ridiculous mess that Cars 2 was, and I hope it's like that since it's what they seem to be trying to sell here. It looks pretty interesting, I'll definitely check the next teasers  :twi:

Edited by Baykush
  • Brohoof 1

Yer the second one seemed like a tv spinoff or something, but this trailer is so emotional! What gets me is that you can't see Lightning's face at all, his eyes are closed and his face appears to be unmoving, kind of concerning and adds to the gravity of the situation! :o

I know, it makes me wonder if he's forced to retire from racing or something, and yeah, the thing with his face... I just boarded the hype train tonight xD

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, this looks like it's gonna be more emotional and mature than the former two, I really hope that's the case. It's Pixar we're talking about after all.

• Brohoof 1

It looks like it might not be the ridiculous mess that Cars 2 was, and I hope it's like that since it's what they seem to be trying to sell here. It looks pretty interesting, I'll definitely check the next teasers  :twi:

Hopefully not! Hopefully the only mess in this one is McQueen in that scene! 

I know, it makes me wonder if he's forced to retire from racing or something, and yeah, the thing with his face... I just boarded the hype train tonight xD

I think so! Good thing he'll have Doc to console him if that is the case. Or it could be him trying to rehabilitate and compete again? Either way, I'm on the hype train with you! xD

I really liked Cars 1, even if it wasn't as on par with the other Pixar films at the time, it still had that Pixar heart to it. Cars 2 however, is one of the most souless and most blatant cash grabs Disney's made, and will be a permanent blotch on Pixar's record(WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU MAKE MATER THE FREAKING LEAD?)

This one looks promising though(calling the crash to be a bait-n-switch nightmare scenario though). Here's hoping it's at least as good as the first 

• Brohoof 2

The first movie had its charm, though it definitely is not one I really like in terms of Disney. Having Larry the Cable Guy as a character was one of the thing s that put me off and that is the sole reason why I avoided the 2nd movie like the plague and that apparently was a great idea. This 3rd one might have a chance to be the best of the 3, but for me, that is not saying much in my opinion.

• Brohoof 2

I already like the look of it. The original Cars had a decent charm to it even if it wasn't exactly Pixar's strongest. I've only seen parts of the second one and it didn't look good.

Cars 3 is shaping up to be more mature and potentially better than the second one at least, and the first one at best. McQueen is no longer the hotshot rookie on the circuit and it looks like he's in the same position as Doc Hudson and the King now. He needs to adjust to being the elder statesman now and you could tell by the other cars with yellow stripes on them how many new rookies there are.

Having been a NASCAR fan for 12 years, I've definitely seen how this has gone down in recent years with the new rookie class and how this may have inspired the premise of this movie.

I'd give them bonus points if one of them drives 2 inches off the wall like Kyle Larson does.

giphy.gif

• Brohoof 1

I'm definitely going to see Cars 3.

I didn't like the first Cars at all. I just can't get behind all the other cars' injustice to Lightning McQueen, keeping him prisoner in their cruddy little town and expecting him to like it. I liked Cars 2 much better (even though Mater gets old fast). I just liked it's setting and the new characters. 

I never thought the series would go the distance but I guess it's John Lasseter's favorite and seniority has its perks (not to mention big merchandising bucks!) I personally like Planes better, and that surprises me more than anyone, trust me! 

I'll see Cars 3 because I've come to expect good stuff from just about everything Pixar does, with very few exceptions.    

• 3 years later...