Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do ships peeve you sometimes?

Whirlwind

I was never huge on shipping MLP characters myself, but other people's personal ships never make me upset. While I may personally disagree with some, it's totally fine if someone else loves them. I ship a handful of anime characters with others that some may see as a bit odd!

Now I try and think of the most annoying ships.

FlutterPie

TrixieSpike

Parasprites and Rarity

Bulk Biceps and Breezies

Iron Will and Opal

Fluttershy's bear friend and discord

The Smooze and Celestia (actually this one sounds slightly feasible lol)

Edited by Lil Pip
  • Brohoof 1

No. I'm not sure why a shipping would ever bother me, some of them are completely ridiculous at times, but utterly ridiculous pairings can be kind of fun. Some ships are cute to me, others aren't, but if someone disagrees...Oh well?

I guess I might get a little bit "Peeved" at overzealous shipping fans who are desperate to prove their non-canon ships are somehow canon, and get angry at other people for shipping something different, but that's more to do with their behavior than the ships they ship.

Ships are just one of many things that sometimes make people act very, very strange. :awuh:

No, they don't, because this isn't the Steven Universe fandom, in case you haven't noticed. We don't attack others for liking the "Wrong" ships.

We don't? That's news to me. 

Also Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich because they are also like family so yea gross.

I don't think that they're related though. 

I don't think that they're related though. 

I said "kind of like family"

Cheese has a cheese sense.

Maud has a Maud sense. Pinkie Pie said it runs in the family.

Yea that's a no go for me.

Fandom shipping? I would just roll my eyes and think to myself  "ship(s) is stupid". Moving on now.

*cough*  worst one yet, is FNaF fandom ships..wtf??

• Brohoof 1

They don't really bother me cuz i don't see the appeal of them. I don't know why it even has to be a thing, it's a show about cartoon talking horses, and I don't see why it can't be left at that. But they don't bother me otherwise.

Excessive shipping or forcing ships in any fandom is one of the most obnoxious things that can happen. Sometimes it makes me shiver when I remember that even shipping wars exist.

Yeah, I get peeved at most straight ships. But, I keep it to myself.

I do admit that I tend to feel like this too. I never really bring it up either, mainly because it could spark an argument and I don't actually have the guts to argue. I can also agree that heterosexual romance is usually boring, and quite often feels forced.

Whenever the personalities clash so horribly that it requires the butchering of the characterization of both to even pretend to work

Rarity with just about anyone, for example, since she's so self-absorbed

Might as well be dating a mirror

Bulk Biceps and Breezies

Iron Will and Opal

These sound like the greatest ships ever.

Why do people bother with Twilight and Sentry and RD and Soarin when you can Ironopal?

Anyway... no it does not bother me since I don't pay any attention to shippers and any of their ideas. If it makes the MLP universe more interesting to you, more power to you i say.

Except for ironopal.. I would totally get behind that. Breezebiceps to.

They never said that it was exclusive to the pie family. 

It seems a little far fetched that it wouldn't be exclusive to them so yea.

I'm sticking with that. You could stick with what you got.

Maybe in a future episode it'll say their cousins or something. Never expected Pinkie or Applejack to be "related" and then look what happened XD

• Brohoof 1

Yes, because they just don't make sense. I mean, Fluttermac.."they're both quiet and...this and that" Just because they're both quiet ponies they'd be good together?They don't share any other qualities or interests that'd spark a relationship...thee's more between Mac and Marble, if anything..and Cheerile and Big mac seems to be a thing. There were 2 episodes that touched on those two ships. Though the one with Marble was a bit more subtle. Same deal with Fluttercord...they're just friends, I mean a girl and guy can be best friends without any sort of romance or sexual relations involved...not to mention interspecies and the massive age difference. If anything, He's more interested in Celestia...since they have history together.

• Brohoof 1

I admit some ships are weird and meh, but getting mad? Nah, I don't care about ships that much.

I think, that FlutterDash is adorable.  :-P

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I know that is stupid, since they are just fictional characters, but I absolutely despise Flash x Sunset.

I do like them as friends, but when I see them in a romantic relationship (fanart), I feel nothing but disgust.

There is simply too much against it.  mlp-sunannoy.png

Another ship that makes me feel like I have to vomit is ButtonBelle.

Those two have almost no connection to each other. Swettie Belle only used him as an example for who does not work as a partner for her teacher. mlp-swannoy.png

Edited by Aya. K.