Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do ships peeve you sometimes?

Whirlwind

Sparity, easily the one ship that pulls my hair the most.

especially not if someone can't shut up about it, defending it like it's sacred (yes, I've encountered one of those).

Nothing really peeves me off per say. Sparity....needs to be resolved or let go. 

SunFlash is just silly. Personally I could think of more fitting unions.*shrug*

But to each Thier own. Ocxcannon, Canon, non canon...

I'm not much of a shipper when it comes to fictional characters, so I don't really pay much attention when others do it. However, I do find it irksome when someone is being obnoxious about their ships and is taking it way too personally when others don't agree with their opinions. 

Sibling/family ships bother me so much. And the ship Shadouge (Show the hedgehog and Rogue the bat) does for personal reasons

Sure they do, mainly ships that conflict with my own...this despite the fact that I myself have ships which are mutually exclusive but hey, I've never been logical when it comes to shipping. I tend to stay away from ships I don't like anyway, so unless it's a discussion specifically about shipping I'm not going to come across them much.

Its not so much the ships themselves, but the shippers that bug me. I hate it when they bash and demonize characters just for being involved with another character that they believe should with someone else. I don't like it when they whine and complain when their ships don't become canon. I'll admit if one of my ships sinks, sure I'm disappointed, but I just let it go and move on because these are fictional characters.

I also think that incest ships are gross. I'm not a big fan of shipping OCs with canon characters.

What creeps me out more than anything is shipping real people together. I don't understand why that appeals to anyone or why anyone would do that. It's just feels wrong and weird.

Not really, only when the shipper(s) is/are so obsessed over it that they managed to convince themselves its cannon. That's when it starts to get annoying... oh and I don't like cannon x OC... they should not be together.

Never.  The awesome ones are awesome, the funny ones are funny, and the stupid ones are funny, too, and just give me a chuckle.  It's not like it actually effects anything, it's not like it hurts anyone, and it's not like anyone has to look at it.  Fun is fun.

Btw, this new forum skin is....fine, but it's making me feel agitated.  I don't like change.  It makes me feel angry, :angry: and disoriented, :blink: and frightened. :(  I suppose I'll get used to it.  :dry:

I feel some ships do get blown out of the water a bit by some super fans like we saw in Flash-Light.  Or Discord and Sunbutt at times,  but the ship depends on how its framed for me a bit.  

pretty much the constant gay shippings.... im not against it, but it just irks me that a new character is automatically in a gay ship. My most loathed one is SoarBrun which has now become SoarLane -_- sometimes i just feel like straight shipping is in the minority now.  

Just now, StormBlaze said:

pretty much the constant gay shippings.... im not against it, but it just irks me that a new character is automatically in a gay ship. My most loathed one is SoarBrun which has now become SoarLane -_- sometimes i just feel like straight shipping is in the minority now.  

It always has been the minority. That's what happens when the gender ratio between characters is so lopsided, so I'm comfortable with the gay ships. My only complaint is there aren't many straight ships that are good. I can only think of four really good ones, and the rest of the stallions are paired with uninteresting or totally random mares with no logic behind it.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...
3 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

There are????? :BornAgainBrony:

you have no idea :laugh:  people actually ship themselves with the automatics. or one automatic with another. which doesn't make sense since they're just machine. and it weirder because they're possessed by kids. So it like shipping kids...

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, TBD said:

you have no idea :laugh:  people actually ship themselves with the automatics. or one automatic with another. which doesn't make sense since they're just machine. and it weirder because they're possessed by kids. So it like shipping kids...

Well, I don't do ships, but Funtime Foxy (the eyelashes version)..... What am I thinking! :BornAgainBrony:

8 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

Well, I don't do ships, but Funtime Foxy (the eyelashes version)..... What am I thinking! :BornAgainBrony:

The wonders of wonder when it to shipping I guess :laugh:

• Brohoof 1

50 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

I have to call @ExplosionMare over here. The biggest fan of FNAF I have ever seen :squee: Yo!

let see what they think about FNAF ships

• 2 weeks later...