Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you hope the movie will introduce and contains nightmare rarity?

leonbrony17

Since she is a comic exclusive character, the chances of her appearing in the movie next year are slim to none. Many view the comics as being non-canon to the show--I see them as canon to a degree--so including Nightmare Rarity would only cause the fandom to explode in another debate.

Oh yes. I want that very much.

What about you?

I like nightmare rarity as a concept and as a character. But she'd be TERRIBLE for the movie.

Multiple reasons really, since first off, we want a BIG plot encompassing ALL of the six as a group and what they represent as friends, not just a plot revolving around ONE of them (Which is a reason why I hate having EQG plots revolve around Midnight sparkle as the central climax or focus of the plot, for the same reason)-- As such, unless the plot is about all of the six having to fight their inner nightmare or something (which I think would actually be a good plot to occur at some point as the EOH bearers), I wouldn't want to see nightmare rarity.

And secondly, it wouldn't "Really" be Nightmare rarity, at least not from the comics, if she showed up, due to the fact that they aren't going to use an obscure Comics plot for the MOVIE. They're going to want to bring in brand new fans here from the mainstream, and this plot would confuse lots of established viewers who don't read comics, let ALONE newbies.

So while I like nightmare rarity and would love to see her again (Damnit, the odds of her reappearing AT ALL down the road are pretty much 0 at this point IMO), I DON'T want to see her in the movie and laugh at the thought of her appearing in the movie.

I think Nightmare Rarity is an interesting Concept and she looks cool, so, sure !  :squee:

I want to see her in the Movie.  :)

Eh, I can see alot of the criticism of her being fair (in that she WASN'T rarity, but a parasite possessing her with her personality), but honestly, it wouldn't be TOO hard to finangle things to it being more of a split personality and still "Her" like midnight sparkle to twilight.

Her personality still was pretty much identical to rarity's in her vanity and ego, so she was still a good example of an evil rarity; its not too big of a retcon to fudge things and adjust her and her personality to being better.

• Brohoof 1

I love Nightmare Rarity, but I think requiring viewers to have read an arc in the comics would be a terrible idea for the movie. Maybe the comics will bring back the nightmare force again. I can't be the only one who's curious what a Nightmare Pinkie Pie would be like. For the movie though, I think an entirely new plot would be far more ideal. Maybe it can be something that builds on events in the show as most of the audience will have seen that much. However, I think Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep will probably stand as the only tribute to Nightmare Rarity that we're going to get. For what it's worth it's a pretty good one so I'll take it.

• Brohoof 1

As much as I enjoy the comics, I'd rather see the film introduce something new rather than just rehashing something that's already been done.  Additionally, even though I enjoyed the Nightmare Rarity arc, I'm glad that the comics aren't entirely canon to the cartoon as I feel that the introduction of an outside force as the reason for Luna's transformation only serves to weaken that storyline by abrogating Luna of her complicity in her own actions.

I love Nightmare Rarity, but I think requiring viewers to have read an arc in the comics would be a terrible idea for the movie. Maybe the comics will bring back the nightmare force again. I can't be the only one who's curious what a Nightmare Pinkie Pie would be like. For the movie though, I think an entirely new plot would be far more ideal. Maybe it can be something that builds on events in the show as most of the audience will have seen that much. However, I think Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep will probably stand as the only tribute to Nightmare Rarity that we're going to get. For what it's worth it's a pretty good one so I'll take it.

Well, they did an "Evil pinkie pie" thing in the comics, and it fell pretty flat, sadly due to the Rating level/censorship level. They tried to basically make her Pony joker, but the thing is, the joker works so well because he's HORRIFYINGLY insane and murderous; the most pinkie was able to do was glue people to their seats and force them to listen to her bad standup (and she threw an evil water balloon at luna, but lets not talk about that).

It'd be kind of hard to do a good Evil pinkie pie justice since "Monster clown" usually needs the ability to cut lose and be horrifying to work well, or it just seems sad and falls flat. Its not that I don't think an evil pinkie would work, its just that I think Nightmare pinkie with a G rating would work well.

1227698__safe_pinkie+pie_spike_scootaloo

Well, they did an "Evil pinkie pie" thing in the comics, and it fell pretty flat, sadly due to the Rating level/censorship level. They tried to basically make her Pony joker, but the thing is, the joker works so well because he's HORRIFYINGLY insane and murderous; the most pinkie was able to do was glue people to their seats and force them to listen to her bad standup (and she threw an evil water balloon at luna, but lets not talk about that).

It'd be kind of hard to do a good Evil pinkie pie justice since "Monster clown" usually needs the ability to cut lose and be horrifying to work well, or it just seems sad and falls flat. Its not that I don't think an evil pinkie would work, its just that I think Nightmare pinkie with a G rating would work well.

sig-4746129.1227698__safe_pinkie%20pie_s

I'm always a tad behind on the comics as I wait for the GNs, but is that the Ponies of Dark Water arc? That's the arc I'm most looking forward to reading. Night of the Living Apples is proof that something cool can be done with concepts that nerf ideas for the sake of keeping the rating down (vampire fruit bats literally sucking the life out of living apples almost makes up for the obvious nerfing of the concept of vampires), but it seems like Pinkie's strengths as a character aren't used as well here. Hopefully the rest of the arc is good though. I like when the comics do cool and dark story arcs. I think a true Nightmare Pinkie Pie would be a Joker/Harley Quinn type character with the right amount of craziness. Why do I get the feeling that there is a ton of darkfic based around that concept?

I'm always a tad behind on the comics as I wait for the GNs, but is that the Ponies of Dark Water arc? That's the arc I'm most looking forward to reading. Night of the Living Apples is proof that something cool can be done with concepts that nerf ideas for the sake of keeping the rating down (vampire fruit bats literally sucking the life out of living apples almost makes up for the obvious nerfing of the concept of vampires), but it seems like Pinkie's strengths as a character aren't used as well here. Hopefully the rest of the arc is good though. I like when the comics do cool and dark story arcs. I think a true Nightmare Pinkie Pie would be a Joker/Harley Quinn type character with the right amount of craziness. Why do I get the feeling that there is a ton of darkfic based around that concept?

Yeah, its the ponies of dark water arc.

Sadly, its really poorly done, despite having a great premise.

The only really good part of it is Evil rarity as Dr. Doom: Ironically, despite being the one most Cut out for being a villain (she's a Dressmaker after all), PERSONALITY WISE, she is incredible at it due to her hamminess. Appletrump is the worst of the group though; RD barely even APPEARS :/

Yeah, its the ponies of dark water arc.

Sadly, its really poorly done, despite having a great premise.

The only really good part of it is Evil rarity as Dr. Doom: Ironically, despite being the one most Cut out for being a villain (she's a Dressmaker after all), PERSONALITY WISE, she is incredible at it due to her hamminess. Appletrump is the worst of the group though; RD barely even APPEARS :/

Applejack's character is a riff on Donald Trump? That's hilarious, but maybe a tad too soon given recent events. Rarity's great in most stories IMHO. Nosferrarity being a more recent example than Nightmare Rarity. The completionist in me will get volume 11 regardless, but I hope I'll enjoy it. It can't be worse than The Good, the Bad and the Ponies.

Applejack's character is a riff on Donald Trump? That's hilarious, but maybe a tad too soon given recent events. Rarity's great in most stories IMHO. Nosferrarity being a more recent example than Nightmare Rarity. The completionist in me will get volume 11 regardless, but I hope I'll enjoy it. It can't be worse than The Good, the Bad and the Ponies.

Yeah, that one's pretty infamously bad.

Well ...

While I have grown to actually see some redeeming qualities to the NR character, while still annoyed buy some story elements, I'm personally looking forward to new villains and obstacles not touched on previously.

I wouldn't mind some sort of Nightmare Rarity reference in the show. Just not in the film.

• Brohoof 1

I've never been able to get a hold of the comics, so I don't know too much about Nightmare Rarity. Because of this, I think it'd be better if the movie either introduced a new villain, or had an unreformed villain make their return in the movie, and really put the Mane6 through the ringer!

I don't like the comics, personally. Not enough feasible storyline in it. I really don't like many original comics either. I'm a fan of the Team Fortress 2 comics, though.

So no, I hope Nightmare Rarity isn't part of the movie.

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I love the concept of Nightmare Rarity, regardless as how the comics handled it, if there is any possibility to put it on the show's canon, the movie seems to be the less probable place to put it in. It´s a concept that could fit better as a two parter of the series because not everyone will come to see the movie knowing about Nightmare Moon or Rarity, it's likely more of a fan-driven theme for the show. 

In some way could work in the movie, but I think DHX and Hasbro has thought something out that fits better in a cinematic event for a more broader audience, as well as a plot that can take mlp itself to a really high note as a movie.