Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Shows you just can't get interested in.

BastementSparkle

I have to admit, MLP:FIM would be one of them. I totally see the great quality in the show but.... dunno. Just not really me?

I would have to go with Young Justice.

I have heard so many great things about it and other superhero cartoons, but something about them just doesn't click with me.

It is pretty sad knowing someone doesn't like it. But I guess it isn't for everyone.

Game of Thrones. I have noticed is a popular Star Wars and I tried watching the first episode of it, but just couldn't like other show because of the nudity and sex and the over complicated story.

Another show I can't get into is The Walking Dead mainly because I see it as a Zombie Soap Opra, where you can't get invested because high chances are that he/she will die. 

Walking Dead:  I just don't like horror and zombies.

Yuri On Ice:  A lot of anime fans are digging into this one this season and im "blah"

Empire:   Not my thing,  its a over done music centered drama.

Steven Universe would be the obvious one for me, people were raving about it all over the place but I never saw anything in it to make it worth my time.  I just found the entire thing to be comprehensively 'meh', the animation, the characters, the story.  I'm not going to criticise anyone else for liking it, but nothing can be all things to all people and SU is certainly no exception.

It also didn't help that on certain other sites, if I (or anyone else) voiced that opinion, I would find the more diehard SU fans demanding that I justify my position, suggesting that I must be watching it wrong or that I simply don't understand it.  If there is one thing that is guaranteed to entrench someone's dislike of a TV show, it's that sort of attitude coming from people that get far too serious about it.

While I eventually got into Steven Universe after a few tries, I can see where you're coming from. It took me multiple tries of watching the show to finally get into it.

But I've had some similar instances with some overbearing fans of the show that kind of put me off originally. It kinda made me understand where some people who've complained about the brony fandom being overzealous were coming from, I'd never actually experienced that myself before. Now that I'm watching the show, I've looked into the fandom more and I know there's a lot of nice people there who just love the show and aren't pushy with their interest, like any fandom but those really loud, obnoxious fans can send a bad impression.

I could never get into Samurai Jack. I've seen parts of a couple episodes, and it's not bad by any means, but I just wasn't interested enough to keep watching.

Samurai Jack is a show I'd really recommend watching some full episodes of before making a judgement, I don't feel like just seeing parts really gives you the right effect. I'd seen a few episodes and bits and pieces before, but it's only really when I sat down to really watch it that I got interested. I'd suggest starting from the beginning and trying to watch at least the first 3 episodes, as they give a good feel for the series.

If you're still not interested though, that's cool. The show really isn't for everyone, with it's long stretches of silence and no dialogue, for some people that builds atmosphere and tension, others just find it boring. 

• Brohoof 1

As much as I like the MCU, I find it difficult to get into the Netflix shows, I finished season 1 of Daredevil but haven't watch much since. Kinda wish the run time for each episode was shorter, just don't have that much time to watch them compared to the movies every now and then. :huh:

New cartoons these days...it seem like  the creators is on pot or something nowadays when making these cartoons..

Toradora! is one that I just couldn't continue. It was all the rage while it was airing, but I personally did not like Taiga at all. I think I only got through two episodes. 

Steven Universe is another one that I've tried watching a couple of times, but it never struck my fancy. 

I don't care for shows that incorporate zombies, werewolves, and vampires, so The Walking Dead, Teen Wolf, and The Vampire Diaries aren't my thing. :please: 

• Brohoof 1

Adventure Time 

Spongebob Square Pants 

Marvel's Netflix shows - I find them boring. But I love the MCU movies 

Seasons 1 and 2 of MLP: FIM - There are some good episdes, but for me the show didn't start to get really good until season 3. I might be in the minority, but I think the show improved after Lauren Faust left

Edited by Phill

Pokemon.

Hear me out, I can't get to watch it anymore then I use too because it's all just too much and overblown for me. Even when I was younger I watched it because it was just an "impulse" kind of thing not actually feeling attached or interesting. Now that it's everywhere today, I even have more contest to not gain any further interest in it.

Game of Thrones, I don't care much for European medieval stories, because there is so many medieval stories, they bore me, the violence can gets too much, and can ruin the story, instead I prefer Korean dramas, especially the historical dramas, that take place in the Joseon Dynasty, they are very much story and character based, and I love the soundtrack each drama has, Dong Yi and Deep Rooted Tree are my favourite.

The Lion Guard, to me it feels like a fan fiction, on par with Double Rainboom or My Little Dashie, the plot is a mess and character development was shoddy, the recent episode has not helped either, we finally get an appearance of Zira and the outland pride, and the story was very shoehorned, which has only convinced me that the Lion Guard should have been a sequel to Simba's Pride, instead of the self inserted fan fiction on the first movie, I will admit it looks cute, but I still can not get invested.

The Walking Dead, like medieval based stories, zombies are done to dead, every year we get zombie movies or TV, I could start a drinking game for all of the zombie cliches there are, from either TV or movie, which would help me stay awake, the Walking Dead is so boring to me, I can never stay awake through a whole episode, not even the action can keep me up, I think the Walking Dead would be better if it were short series, like a Korean drama.

Sofia the First, if you need an example of a Mary Sue story, this one is the top of my list, she is so boring and insipid, she also seems like a passenger in the story, just going along with the flow, everything is too easy for her, as she is not being taught to led the citizens, instead she is being taught to indulge in her new status, to prove herself to other conceited nobility. Sofia is not like Twilight Sparkle, who had to work her way up, doing hard work to prove herself to her friends, which is better to me, Sofia could have been like Dong Yi, she worked hard and persevered with intelligence which earned her status in King Sukjong's court, that is something work remembering.  

• Brohoof 1

I got three shows that I can't get interested in, or continue watching.

The Amazing world of gumball. I've watched the first 7 episodes, it's way more childish that other shows I've seen. I've heard from one of my brothers that it gets good later on. So I may watch more episodes than just 7. But it's not my thing. Star vs the Forces Of Evil though...

Walking Dead. I liked it at first, but the show got dull for me. The first 3 seasons were enjoyable, season 3 not so much, the governor was a great villain. But I don't continue to watch it solely because I wouldn't act like the characters in the show, and it bugs me.

My Little Pony season 6, I had to force myself to watch the episodes because of how cringy they were at times. Hopefully season 7 is better. Hasbro thinks so.

• Brohoof 1

I really wanted to love The Expanse.  It looked like a really awesome, proper sci-fi, and it came with a great recommendation by a close friend of mine who loves sci-fi.  I feel like really good sci-fi is a bit lacking.  I mean, for fantasy, you've got Lord of the Rings, and Game of Thrones, but I feel like there's no sci-fi that really measures up to that.  I mean, I love Star Wars and Star Trek as much as the next nerd, but let's be honest here: those never really reached the same heights as LOTR and GOT, not for acting and quality, at least.  I'm not trying to put down the Trek and the Wars, but...I mean....c'mon.  In my opinion, there's just no sci-fi that is really on the same level as LOTR and GOT.  The Matrix is about as good as it gets, and while that was brilliant, it wasn't a massive epic or series with the lore of LOTR or GOT.  There's some other mind-blowing, lesser known, sci-fi gems, like Primer and Moon, and a few other big hits like Mission to Mars and The Martian, but again, nothing with that epic sort of universe.  If they did a Halo movie series or TV series, and really did it right, that would fit the bill, but they'd never do it right.  They'd f*ck it up, for sure.  So, anyway, in my search for a sci-fi series to rival GOT, I tried The Expanse, but, like the OP described, despite being clearly good, I just couldn't seem to get into it.  I don't know why.  Just didn't do it for me.

Game of Thrones. Everyone raves about it, but I watched one episode and found it really boring and contrived.

Oh, well, wow.  Hmm.  :confused::blink:   I here I was raving about it again.  Well, that's how individual taste is.  It's a curious thing.

• Brohoof 1

Any of the new Flash made Cartoons. ( even including Fim, as of now )

They can recieve the most positive reviews in recent time, but i just dont really feel the need to watch them, since the simplistic drawing Style, turns me off. ( or however you say that in english XD )

Steven Universe. Star vs the Forces of Evil. Rick and Morty. Everyone says "Oh since you liked MLP and Gravity Falls you will love these"

Nah.. I don't.

Well of course you're not going to enjoy decent shows if you like MLP :^)
  • Brohoof 1

Sometimes MLP:FIM, because lately I can't easily bring myself to watch it. The way I see it at the moment is it is kind of hit and miss. I have really enjoyed pretty much all of the 2 part episodes, but some of them just feel cringe worthy for me. When I first started watching the show this spring (2016), I would watch an episode every day or two, but now I usually watch 2 or 3 episodes at a time every 2 to 4 weeks. I also read the descriptions for the episodes and end up skipping about a third of the episodes, since many of them sound like I won't enjoy it. I'm still in season 5 at the moment and want to be caught up on the show by the time season 7 and the movie come around. I think I may just skip season 6 all together, except the finale, since I've heard that it was one of the worst seasons of the show.

I think I may just skip season 6 all together, except the finale, since I've heard that it was one of the worst seasons of the show.

I think it was one of the better seasons the show has had, honestly.

If you feel it's necessary to skip episodes, that's up to you, but here it kind of sounds like you're just letting other people's opinions make your decision for you. Give season 6 a try, there's probably at least a few episodes you'll like.

• Brohoof 2