Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation Do you like The Simpsons?

FlutteringDweamz

The Simpsons is a great show, brilliant in its first seasons, and still watchable (for the most part) after almost 30. Yeah, nowadays it pales in comparison to what it once was, but it's been like that for a very long time so it doesn't matter how long it remains on air anymore,at least it's better than Family Guy. The movie sucks though.

I watch the Simpsons and Futurama on Fox every night, it's become a routine  :twi:

Classic Simpsons were in fact the harbinger of my childhood cartoons. I don't recall any particular episodes in detail but I just remember enjoying the show when I was younger because they were entertaining and just plain good. I'm not sure about today though when a lot has changed for me and for the show and I think I'll never get the same feeling again compared to when I was younger. It can only happen once and for me it was a great one.

Edited by Melodic Twilight

I do. The Simpsons was pretty funny for the majority of it's run thus far, but some episodes (particularly in the last 2 seasons) have fallen short and I thought it was no good before Homer's voicing was changed around the second or third season somewhere.

Back when I still had TV, I would sit and watch the Simpsons marathons on FXX for hours at a time. But I don't any more. But I will get Netflix... Some day...

I've watched just about all the older episodes multiple times and I still love them!  Seen the movie about 4 times as well and it is probably my all time favorite show (sorry MLP).  

I have loved and followed Simpsons for well over a decade now. Yes the show has gotten a bit stale recently as its aged. But , despite what the naysayers may proclaim, Simpsons still manages to deliver and create funny and inspiring moments. 

• Brohoof 1

I used to, I haven't watched a full episode since 2008, it's basically just recycling stuff from old seasons and is well past it's use by date and now I'm more interested in when they're going to finally finish the series. I liked Futurama more, probably even more if Leela was the main character.

• Brohoof 1

LOL!!!!

Yes Denz and I are massive Simpsons fans, such big fans that we live Springfield by quoting the show and making gestures from the show, eg: Denz headbutting me my reply: Stop that mr simpson.

we tend to always default to putting the DVDs on when theres nothing else to watch too. we seriously are addicted to this life style and I think its what holds the relationship together XD 

It's the only adult cartoon I watch. I like the newer ones too, though I agree the older ones are better.

Back when I still had TV, I would sit and watch the Simpsons marathons on FXX for hours at a time. But I don't any more. But I will get Netflix... Some day..

Okay, but The Simpsons isn't on Netflix.

Edited by PinkiePie97

I love The Simpsons. I stopped religiously watching the new episodes in like 2007/2008. I will catch the odd newer episode but it has lost its spark. I just don't find them funny like I used to.

I remember watching "Lisa Goes GaGa" when it first came out as I really liked Lady GaGa at the time. Wow, what an unfunny episode :| I don't think I laughed once, not even at the awkwardness of it.

They should have ended it on a high. I think the movie would have been a great place to end it.

Edited by Kayleigh

It's the only adult cartoon I watch. I like the newer ones too, though I agree the older ones are better.

Okay, but The Simpsons isn't on Netflix.

WHAT? Oh well then. I guess I'll have to deal without it then. I thought it was, and I couldn't check because it won't let me without signing in or creating an account (which I can't pay for yet).

WHAT? Oh well then. I guess I'll have to deal without it then. I thought it was, and I couldn't check because it won't let me without signing in or creating an account (which I can't pay for yet).

I think it IS available on Netflix DVD (the old Netflix, where you're sent DVD rentals by mail), but that's an extra fee tacked on.

-coughs- PrimeWire -coughs-