Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does Twilight Sparkle have a Light Side as well?

cider float

Just like Sunset Shimmer gained a light side transformation will Twilight get a light side transformation when she learns to control her powers? This sort of trope goes a lot in anime by the way. In the beginning the protagonist has an evil transformation that he can't control but when he learns to control his powers he actually funnels that power into being controlled and can use it for good. An example would be Evil Ryu who's power corresponds to Akuma's power but when he controls it he reaches Emptiness.

I will assume you mean Sci-Twi. I doubt they will fully control the powers too soon, because it means there will need to be more action related conflict than character development related, and the character development is usually the point. Then again they could always provide a new source of conflict, and let them have their powers, but it likely will be indirectly related to fruedian things, so I doubt they will make it so they fully control their powers always, besides if that happened I doubt Dash would ever settle down. And Idk if its truly a light power, or if it just appears to be. So I assume the mane 6 would be somewhat included, and I am sure a ruckus would be had if they fully had their powers which would be entertaining and provide its own source of conflict or character development of when its appropriate to use the powers or not.

Edited by Lil Pip

Remember that Sunset's "light side" resulted from when she absorbed the magic of her friends in order to combat Midnight Sparkle who was essentially the same thing only representing darkness. For Sci-Twi to achieve a similar form to that of Daydream Shimmer, she would need to absorb the magic of the others. That could make for some unusual results since they all have new forms courtesy of those crystals they received.