Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

making christmas merrier Making Christmas Merrier V - charity: water

PiratePony

I am so proud of what we have accomplished, and what we can still continue accomplishing these last 2 days, as the more the merrier for more people :D :D 

I am so proud for every single individual, whether you donated or not, helped spread the word or just generally partook in this merriment, you have really helped spread the cheer of Christmas and if not Christmas, helped put a meaning to this charity movement. Thank all of you for helping <3 <3 <3 

• Brohoof 6

The Final Day of Making Christmas Merrier and the last day of 2016. I know there's been a lot of negativity spread around about this year. There were political things that may not have gone your way, there were celebrity deaths that may have hit you hard, and whatever else. But there are great things about 2016. I mean, the Chicago Cubs won the world series!  Anyway, I digress.

We were also able to raise over $4,000 for charity: water, an organization that helps those in the world who do not have the necessity of clean water. To them, 2016 might be a turning point in their lives, and even though they will never know us, we helped them out greatly.

In case you missed the post, the $4K stretch goal is a live comic reading by donors and Poniverse staff. More details soon.

A dollar will still get you entry into the sweepstakes for $15 worth of MLP Forum Commission Credit

Also that same dollar will get you automatic entry into the sweepstakes for a video game giveaway

So thank you once again. You have today if you can find any more, or if you haven't, to give anything, from .01 up, every little bit helps.  Thank you all again.

I'll update tomorrow about the sweepstakes winners, our final total, and soon I'll have updated info for Lady Kiri's Q&A, the shipfic read by Dark Horse, the original shipfics by the three way tie winners, the live comic readings and more.

Thanks for Making Christmas Merrier!  I'll see you next year with our grand total. Have a safe and wonderful New Year's Eve.  If you're driving tonight, please be responsible. Take care guys!

-Pirate

• Brohoof 12

"... and God bless us, every one."

- Tiny Tim

• Brohoof 6

Congrats on yet another successful year guys. Congrats to the team and to Pirate pulling it off, and more importantly thank you to all those that donated their time and funds to this cause.

:D

• Brohoof 5

Congrats to everyone, on not only reaching the goal, but exceeding it! Thanks to Pirate for taking the lead and organizing this, and thanks to everyone who donated, helped spread the word and contributed to this! Thanks to these actions, people's lives will now change for the better. <3 Rarity would be proud of this generosity~

• Brohoof 3

• 1 month later...

@@BloodDrops, the campaign is over, and you can view the grand total here: https://donate.charitywater.org/poniverse/poniverse-s-making-christmas-merrier-v

However, if you wish to, from there you can still donate to the charity. I'm sure charity: water would greatly appreciate it. They do accept paypal as a form of donation. 

• 3 months later...

Here's an update for our donations to charity: water. Today I received an email that the money I donated has gone towards a well in Mozambique. You should all receive a similar email soon.

I don't know if we'll be pooled together or whatnot, so if any of you  get a different location please share! Once the project that your money goes towards is complete you will receive  another update 

Thanks again for all your participation! We're helping out some people in Mozambique and beyond. I also hope this inspires you to find some Christmas spirit throughout the summer months to do a little bit to help those in need.

It was an honor guys.

-PiratePony -

• Brohoof 6

8 minutes ago, PiratePony said:

It was an honor guys.

The honor was all ours: my wife, my kids, and mine. I never got to give proper closing thoughts on the MCM you and the others ran, but it will always be one of the highlights of my years here. 

For a brief shining moment, family and friends stood together to support a cause that my wife, Jess, and I deeply believed in and supported. 

Thanks everybody. 

I'll keep an eye out for that email. 

• Brohoof 3

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I received an update regarding our donations guys. They put our wells in Mozambique. Thanks again for all of your support. I'll update again with the next email, which they say will come in the summer!!

See below:

The projects you’re helping fund are located in the Muecate and Nacarôa Districts in the Nampula Province of Mozambique. More than 180,000 people live there, but only 33% of them have access to clean and safe drinking water.

These districts in Mozambique are highly impacted by the global water crisis. On a recent visit to Nampula, our team spent time in one community where women are only able to collect a small amount of water from contaminated open wells for part of the year. When the wells dry up, they walk 4 miles to a river, often enduring snake bites on the way. But thanks to your help, that’s all changing.

Our local partner, World Vision Mozambique, has already drilled over 70 new wells and constructed mechanized piped systems in four communities, bringing clean water to over 33,000 people. They’ve conducted community trainings to promote key hygiene and sanitation practices. Because of your support, these wells and piped systems are bringing hope and a brighter future to so many families.

We’re so excited to tell you that we’ll be able to send your completion report early. All of the projects have been built, and we’re currently verifying the data and collecting photos and GPS coordinates. You can expect to receive your final report by early summer.

• Brohoof 6

• 2 months later...

New and maybe final update! After a year and a half, the donation wells are complete!

Our campaign contributions of $4,255 went to two wells:

1) EPC de Navurune School in Mozambique. It serves 521 people. 

2) Mueri community in Mozambique. It serves 300 people.

Thanks to your generous contributions, Poniverse has helped bring clean water to 821 fellow human beings.  Great job guys. I am so proud of you guys , and it was an honor to head up this event. We truly will make these folks' Christmases and every day merry for years to come. 

Thank you for a wonderful event. Bless you all.

https://my.charitywater.org/projects/MZ.WVI.2H.16.229.027

https://my.charitywater.org/projects/MZ.WVI.2H.16.229.064

• Brohoof 3

This is so heartwarming. :kindness:

Eh.. this is one of these moments, where I wish I was rich. I'd be sure to support these kind of things. :rarity:

Either way, I'm happy to see, that things went well; great job indeed. :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • The topic was unpinned