Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How was your reaction as you've watched your first episode?

leonbrony17

It felt weird. It was something completely new. I've never watched something like this before. I felt so happy. So different. Everything inside and outside of my body would just LAUGH and SMILE. I've laughed the whole time and felt so changed. But at most i wanted MORE.

Yes i think that was what happened back then.

post-39706-0-78404200-1480007174_thumb.jpg

How did you react to your first episode?

• Brohoof 6

The first 2 episodes of season 1 didn't leave me with much, but the 3rd episode had me thinking it was quite cute and relaxing. It just felt like quality, innocent fun, which I had been looking for for a while.

My "reaction" was me sitting on the couch with a smile, and I consider that to be pretty good to me.

• Brohoof 1

I was so shocked. I couldn't believe that I genuinely like it, despite the fact that I just tried watching for laughs. I was filled with intense emotion for the rest of the day, both out of excitement for how great the Pilot episode was, and out of fear that I may become a Brony. I purposely tried to stop watching more episodes, but couldn't. It was after I watched Dragonshy or Look Before You Sleep that I thought, "What the hay, I'm a Brony, might as well join an MLP forum."

200_s.gif

• Brohoof 2

Kind of an "eh" feeling, like I didn't get why this show was so popular. But, I do like the community and how friendly/accepting they are, unlike some places I've been at.

• Brohoof 1

The first episode I watched on my own was Sonic Rainboom, and I liked it, but then I watched The Cutie Mark Chronicles and that episode convinced me to watch the rest of the series. After that I watched the pilot and I felt really happy watching it, specially when Twilight realized the mane 5 were her friends, which in retrospect was kind of zappy and childish but I loved it anyway  :P  

• Brohoof 2

My first episode--if you can call it one--was the first Equestria Girls movie. I've often said that it was accidental that I joined the fandom and it's all because I turned on the television. Since I only saw snippets and not the whole thing, I was curious as to how everything paned out. That involved searching on YouTube for a full version of the movie. I found it after a while and became mesmerized by how different it was compared to other cartoons at the time.

• Brohoof 1

The main feeling I got from the opening episodes of Season 1 was one of surprise and bewilderment. Firstly thinking "wow, this is a lot more than I expected it to be" followed up by "then again, it's MLP, so should I really like it?"

So all in all, expectations were shattered but doubt still remained.

• Brohoof 2

I think that my first episode was Dragon migration. I didn't like the episode and I thought that this show maybe isn't for me. a bit later on I started watching MLP on my new netflix account. and now here I am.

When I first watched the first episode, I was coming in late to the fandom. I was kinda skeptical, since I had watched the G1 series way back in my childhood, so I expected FiM to be much the same, but since there were so many people already talking about it I couldn't help being curious. The first ten minutes I was still kinda meh, but then, without even noticing, I just got into it. So much in fact that I ended up watching some five episodes in a row.

The 1st episode of MLP that I ever watched was The Return of Harmony Part 2. And boy what an episode to start out on  :umad:. The animation and voice acting caught me completely off guard. I knew within the first few minutes that this show was not like the previous iterations of MLP that I was used to. Needless to say, I was hooked and completed the 1st 2 seasons in a span of a week. Never in my life has a show had such a profound effect on me like this  :wub:.

• Brohoof 2

I thought it was cute and the Villain looked pretty cool.

I was surprisingly entertained.

Than i watched the first Special from G1 and i was surprised at how serious and dark it can get.

Than i was extremely curious about the rest of the Media and i started a Mlp Collection.

• Brohoof 1

When I watched my first episode - Friendship is Magic, part 1 – I thought: “Just as I expected – a kids’ cartoon with cliched characters and a rather simple plot. But it’s very well animated and voiced, let’s go on”. I was determined to give the show a chance, so I didn’t jump to any other conclusions till I watched several other episodes. 

And I also liked Fluttershy at first sight.

Personally I was just a bit surprised is all. I fully expected to loathe the show, and just could not make myself do that.. I actually laughed at several scenes and just thought it was a lot better than I gave it credit for... then I watched a couple more and reevaluated my opinion on everything.

• Brohoof 1

It was pretty weird because I've decided to watch the show after seeing a lot of parody and critics etc on internet, all this reaction around a child show make me curious and I've decided to chek it out ! And when I finally watched the first episodes I was a bit disapointed I have to say. You know ? Cause the "marketing" i've seen on internet was so big I thought this show was something really HUGE, but like, REALLY HUGE.
So when I watched the first episode, I was "frustrated" but I enjoyed it anyway and I then I watched the whole serie.
But yes, The first I've watched it, I was disapointed.

As a grown man,  I did  felt embarrassed when coming back to mlp after so many years. (thinking man, I'm too old for this) I would watch it by myself in a low volume so none of my family members would hear me watching it.  But after that seeing the 1st episode, it's good to have my childhood show back again in a new generation and coming back to collecting mlp.

Although i still gritted my teeth whenever there a corny parts.

Edited by Satrox

(After the first few minutes and opening credits)

Why am I watching this? :eww:

I decided after seeing what people were saying about it to give it a shot. Also, it helps that I like to do things off the beaten path. Anyway, I wasn't sure why I had finally broken down and looked up an episode after being against it but it was a good decision.

• 3 weeks later...

I watched the first two episodes because I was looking up something on Tara Strong. I didn't know MLP was a "thing" at the time at all somehow. After watching, thought it was much better than I expected, but I wasn't interested enough to watch more.

BUT I had searched it on YouTube, so for the next two weeks, nearly all my suggested videos were MLP related.

I was like WHAT THE HELL ALREADY?!?! :baconmane:

Then I saw a thumbnail of a video of Vinyl Scratch and I wondered what the hell "IT" was with weird purple eyes so I clicked it... And I'm here 4 years later still. :lol: