Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How was your reaction as you've watched your first episode?

leonbrony17

For the opening two-parter, it went something like this.

"I can't believe I'm giving this a shot."

"Well, the animation and voice acting's pretty good."

"Heh, I like Twilight. I'd react the same way to these weird ponies."

"Of course the evil returns. Well, better watch part 2, then."

"Oh God she's gonna sing...wait, Twilight has the same reaction? Damn, they know what they're doing with this."

"TASTE THE RAINBOW MOTHERFUCKER!"

That about sums it up, I think.

• 3 years later...

The first episode was uninteresting to me. I knew it would get better eventually, but I would never have watched the entire series if I hadn't been told to. The first episode is not a good episode, not by any standards.

Compare it to the first episode of Futurama, which had me hooked immediately!

• Brohoof 1

I thought to myself "yeah, I can see why people like this." I was excited to be in a fandom, as this was my first. I was little embarrassed, but I was 10 at the time, so I had an excuse. Now I'm 18 and I have less of one, but I don't care.

Well, I had a fever, so it’s hard to say. I know I felt resigned watching it, since there was nothing else on TV and I was too sick to read a book but too bored to rest. Then I thought, “Hey, this is actually good voice acting.” And probably, “Rainbow Dash is actually really adorable.” :mlp_smug: I didn’t pay much attention to the plot, because I’d caught the episode halfway through. But the voice acting stayed me for days until I caved in and binged the series. 

• Brohoof 3

I don’t remember which episode was my first and I also don’t remember my exact reaction. However, I know that I was intrigued and wanted to see more.

• Brohoof 1

The first episode I watched was season 1 episode 2. I just watched the part where the mane six fought Nightmare Moon and where Luna reformed, and I found it to be very entertaining and interesting as I love battle scenes and plot twists.

• 4 months later...

I started from the very beginning out of morbid curiosity just to see what it was all about. I thought, 'I'll probably turn it off. I don't think I'll make it far,' but I kept at it and then my life changed...

I just remember after that backstory setup, and cutting to the first shot of Twilight, 'Elements of Harmony. Hmm... I know I've heard of those before... *looks up* but where?' The theme started to play.

For about a second, I think we all probably thought, 'What are we doing? We're teenage lads giving this a shot?' :dry:

In the next second, 'Actually, you know, this is quite nice.' :huh:

After the end of the two-parter, in tears of joy, 'That's it. I'm a brony forever and always.'... :mlp_pinkie:

Or was that just me? :squee:

Oh the animation and the characters are adorable and nice...GaSP! I love Nightmare Moon! Wait there’s going to be singing? *cringe and skip. Resume. The battle is kinda lame. “Friendship lesson commence! Oh now I understand why friendship is magic!” Overall I was hooked.
Also, I did got used to the cliche musical as they’ve gotten better.

(edited)

Honestly I was hooked when I watched the winter wrap up song that I came across causing me to go watch the first episode.   I knew I was gonna love it from just that video because I thought the characters were just too cute and awesome. 

So the first episode I was set on loving it and I did.

Edited by AppleButt
  • Brohoof 1

The first episode of G4 I’ve ever seen was Mysterious Mare Do Well back when it aired in 2011. I was 10 years old at the time so of course I was like “Hey I really like this show! Rainbow Dash is so cool I wanna be just like her!” ^_^

• Brohoof 1