Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if the movie disappoint you?

leonbrony17

How would you react?

Would you never watch it again?

Would you be more critical with the show from then on?

Would you try to watch it again and try to find something good in the bad movie?

Would you even leave the fandom?

Would you just be sad because, it's a wasted oppurtinity?

I would choose the "watch it again and try to find something good" way.

If the movie disappointed me--it probably wouldn't as it would take an awful lot to make me upset about something--I'd begin to question the writing abilities of the writers. After that, I would watch it again to see where they went wrong and mention it in an inevitable review, but I'd never leave the fandom if it turned out bad. I'm confident that the writers will make this an experience to remember.

• Brohoof 2

Not to be mean or anything, but given the type of ridiculous expectations that can be found in this subsection of the forms and the types of topics that are being created, I can see at least a decent amount of people being disappointed in the movie.

That's why I have been trying to be honest with myself, and keep my expectations at a reasonable level.

I am looking forward to it, but it's not something that's going to be a lifetime changing event or anything like that.

• Brohoof 4

It won't probably, even if it leaves unanswered questions or is just bad. I'm hard to disappoint, I love a lot of things. Heck, I love some pretty bad-written movies. My music taste is pretty poppy too, and I know people REALLY dislike today's pop.

I'm ready to accept whatever plays on the silver screen because nothing is perfect and either is MLP. Why would one movie change my perception of 6 years worth of material because that one movie ruined the whole ride. I'm not putting everything on the line for the movie because the movie didn't do anything for me in why I first joined. Certainly, it wouldn't effect me if I ever decide to leave either.

I expect it to do very well, but disappoint a lot of people. There are a lot of expectations riding on the film and the fact is it just will not be able to meet them all since no two people can agree on what they want to see in the film. A "good" film does not cut it anymore, especially in something like this. Use these forums for examples:

There are people wanting to see just the Mane 6

Some want to see more background characters/new characters

Some want to see an epic adventure

Some would be happier with something more casual

Some want a fight to the death with a mega villain

Some want to see the villain repent and reform

Some want the feels of a good hug at the end

Some want life changing events where nothing is the same

Some want songs

Some want silence

Some want to see Celestia and Luna play a big role

Some could not care less if they even appeared

Some love the idea of the sea ponies

Some are already calling it a dumb idea

etc and so forth...

Needless to say, after the movie ends there will be a lot of bitching and complaining about everything the movie did wrong and talking about how bad it sucks and how it is proof the MLP is dead and needs to go away. That is because the complainers are always usually the loudest overall when it comes to any sort of reviewing. Then you have the strange phenomenon of people who either like something or are just neutral towards something (or have not seen it at all and have no desire to) and will go complain about it just to do it for the lulz. This is why reviews less and less have no bearing anymore since it is so hard to tell who is being honest, and who is just seeking attention or to fit into a certain group.

Personally I expect it to be a good film overall and to do well, but like anything else i don't expect to be blown away or floored. My expectations are realistic.. I just want to go spend 90 minutes of my time watching a fun film to escape from reality for a little while.. I am not going to have my life changed... anyone going with that frame of mind (and I know you are out there) are almost certainly doomed to be disappointed. If you set your expectations so high the film can't reach them, then you are never actually giving it a chance to begin with.

• Brohoof 7

I'm already not sure how long I'll stay in the fandom (I've left before, came back a couple days ago) but if the movie is bad then that'll probably be the thing to push me away forever.

The only movie that I didn't like was Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (That's just me, the movie was great), so I almost guarantee that I will like the movie. If it did disappoint me, I would simply forget that I watched the movie and go play Smash Bros or do other things. It's only a movie length time of your life wasted, and that's almost nothing.

Our disappointment is not important. Only cash is important. Cash made from the movie itself and the related merchandise. Gold can close even the loudest mouth, and its scarcity has the power to make even the most silent ones bellow.

• Brohoof 1

How would you react?

Like any bad film I would be annoyed. I would be more so since I have had high hopes for the film. 

Honestly, I probably would watch it again at some point. I mean, I still occasionally watch bad films in a series I enjoy.

Would you try to watch it again and try to find something good in the bad movie?

I do this with the episodes I don't like as much, so I wager ... yes.  

No

Actually, this would be one of my main angles. I feel that way about some of the Star Wars Prequels.

• 3 weeks later...

How would you react?

By saying, "Well, that sucked." Afterwards I'd rant to my girlfriend about everything they did wrong and how I feel they should have handled it, much like I did with every single Harry Potter movie, including Beasts.

Depends on how bad it is. If it's an abomination I probably wouldn't. Come to think of it, I probably wouldn't even if it was just 'meh'. I don't even rewatch most episodes because they were just 'okay' or 'meh'.

I'm already critical of it but I still like it, so I don't think that will change.

Maybe, but most likely I wouldn't.

No, that would be disproportionate. One bad movie or episode or whatever doesn't ruin a franchise, no matter how hard Harry Potter And The Cursed Child tried.

Would you just be sad because, it's a wasted opportunity?

Very much so. This is the feeling I generally have when I feel things could have been done much better or would have been better left not done, and I expect that if this movie turns out to be disappointing (which I currently don't expect) it will be the same.

• Brohoof 1

How would you react?

I would choose the "watch it again and try to find something good" way.

I will be answering these in order:

1. I'd be disappointed, but otherwise unaffected.

2. Indeed, I would probably not watch it again if it was not good. My expectation is for the movie to be modestly good, not great, but good. If it is less than good, I will never watch it again.

3. It would not affect my enjoyment of the show in the slightest, unless the movie is constantly and consistently referred back to.

4. Probably not, though I don't usually re-watch movies anyway.

5. I would not leave the fandom. I'm too new to ditch this early.

6. I would agree that if the movie was bad it would be a wasted opportunity. I would not be sad, however. Executives are kind of infamous for making bad decisions concerning movies in what they think is a way to make an easy bit of cash.

That being said, I'm looking forward to the movie and will watch it from beginning to end. My expectation is that it will have flaws, but that it will be enjoyable. It will likely not be the masterpiece that some are hoping it will be, but as long as it is serviceable, hits me in the feels in the right way, and still feels like the land of Equestria I know... I'd be happy with it.

The film may not be as good as it should but I expect to enjoy it in the theaters. Even the first Equestria Girls film was enjoyable at first. If they mess even that up, I would be greatly disappointed. And no, I wouldn't stop being a fan even if they ruin the film. Although, seeing that the film could be a potential end to the G4 franchise, I would see such potential wasted to be sure.

I wait this movie for years, it should at least reach my minimum requirements. If it sucks, i will F&@K it harder than Legend of Everfree, more 20% brutal, like how fan of World of Warcraft react to Warcraft movie.

Please watch your

post-39706-0-30996700-1481894503.jpg

World of warcraft was cheap cgi crap and i not even understood the sense of that movie.

I doubt anything can be more disappointing than Newbie Dash at this point, the movie could only go up from there

/needless shade thrown

Edited by Reinbow Dash