Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Do you listen to the radio?

Kaneki

I know some people think radio is just the same songs over and over again (and sometimes heavily censored), and a ton of commercials nowadays, but, do you have a station you like for whatever reason, or do you just not like the radio? If you do, why do you like the radio/listen, or do you not have a choice to not listen (such as at work)?

I do listen to the radio myself when I don't feel like choosing my songs. I don't ever like the way I organize my playlists on Spotify and/or iTunes, so I usually select what song I specifically feel like at the moment, but when I don't feel like that, I put the radio on. When I listen, I don't tend to listen to the hit stations, but I put on a station here in Indianapolis called 107.9 The Mix (aka WNTR-FM) because they tend to play a good variety, and is usually songs that are at least a few years older (not the newest music), but not so old I wouldn't know the song. That's why I like some radio.

• Brohoof 2

I used to listen to music on the radio, but then I found a morning podcast that plays on my local radio called The Free Beer and Hotwings Show, and ever since I found it I've been a huge fan of it.  It sounds like a dumb name, and it is, lol, but it's a really funny podcast where it's just a couple of idiots talking about things going on in the news.

• Brohoof 2

I used to listen to music on the radio, but then I found a morning podcast that plays on my local radio called The Free Beer and Hotwings Show, and ever since I found it I've been a huge fan of it.  It sounds like a dumb name, and it is, lol, but it's a really funny podcast where it's just a couple of idiots talking about things going on in the news.

Sounds like something I'd like. I used to listen to old clips of a certain radio show out of NYC that's so inappropriate I'd rather not mention it here, but they did something similar a lot of times. Thanks for recommending it!

• Brohoof 1

Yeah. The only CD I have is a Suicide Squad soundtrack, and it gets old sometimes. So I tune in to the hip hop station occasionally. That, or the pop station.

That reminds me, I sometimes listen to one that sounds relatively similar. It's just called The Men's Room.

I have SIRIUS in my car, so I listen to tons of radio while driving. I also listen to the radio in the house sometimes.

I also listen to a lot of sports radio during October and January/February (World Series and Super Bowl time), as well as the morning sports radio show "Boomer & Carton" pretty regularly.

I don't care for commercial radio for the reasons you mentioned, but I do listen to a variety of stations, mostly classic rock/pop.  What I'd like to have is a stand-alone, internet radio so I can tune in the various streams I listen to, particularly, Soma FM.

I rarely listen to the radio. Mostly I listen to it when I want to find some new music, although YouTube became better at suggesting music lately and I shifted to it. However, it can be fun to explore stations form all around the world – you never know what treasure you can find at a German electroswing or an Argentinian rock station.

As for the pony stations, I sometimes listen to Luna radio – its calm music helps me concentrate.

I have listened to the Radio when i was working in a Storage for 4 Months.

I also listen to the Radio in our Car, when i dont have a new CD.

My favorite Channel is Radio 91.2.

Its the favorite Channel of my Father, so i got used to it. 

All the time when I was at work. Its a great way to listen to a mix of music you havent set yourself or heard before. I had my mp3 player, but I got so tired of hearing the same music over and over. The channel I listen to played a lot of fun songs too, keeping my energy up through the day.

I have radio on for background noise when I go to sleep, that's all. There exist no good stations in my area anymore aside from the Classical station. All of the Oldies stations have been overtaken by 80s pop and rock. Blah.

• 2 weeks later...

Rarely, and I mean really, really rarely.Pretty much the only time I hear the radio is when I'm in the car with my sister and even then, it's only when she's tired of her scratched up CDs. Heck, I think my dad is more up to date on today's latest hip hop, pop and R&B these days.

i love having a digital radio in the kitchen. Wish I had one at work though. 

We dont have a TV in the kitchen to entertain us when cooking/eating/cleaning, the radio goes onwhen im doing dinner and washing up and I tend to have it on when i get up in the morning. 

Absolute Radio and its 80s,90s and 00s stations are what we have on all the time. 

When I do listen to music it's usually something pretty specific. So radio wouldn't be what I would want to go for. 

But I have tried a few radio station provided as channels through our TV provider with slightly good results. 

I found a few really good songs through it! But then I immediately went online and downloaded them so I could listen to them on my own terms. 

I don't do it very often.

But I guess listening to the radio is a guarantee once I get into a car. 

"I can't hear a sound on the radio, In stereo in the static age!"

I  just need to get that outta my mind. Anyways, to answer yes I do.

Edited by Satrox

Oh yeah, I also sometimes listen to NPR on my local station (WFYI 90.1FM). It's something I got from my dad I think, as he always listened to NPR when I went out with him on errands on Saturdays when I was younger.

• Brohoof 1