Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Do you listen to the radio?

Kaneki

WWCD-FM, 102.5 in Columbus, Ohio, is a very rare breed--it is an independently owned rock radio station. While most stations (and by most I mean 99%) of radio stations in this country are owned by large media conglomerates or corporate entities (such as ClearChannel/IHeartRadio), CD102.5 is locally owned and operated. They tend to play alternative stuff, so there's a lot of Indie Rock, but they also mix in local artists and even have occasional guest DJs--who are just local folks who wrote in with a playlist for their free day and get invited to the station to take it for a spin. While I don't always love their rotation, I'm proud that my local market has such a unique station.

I usually only listen to the radio when we forget the mp3 player on our way out to do errands or while cleaning. I can't trust myself to clean with the TV on.

My favorite thing on one of our local stations is Helium Theater. The whole morning crew inhales helium and then acts out movie scenes. I usually only get to listen to it on my way to a doctor's appointment though. My least favorite thing is Mandatory Metallica in the afternoon. They often play the same Metallica songs.

Yes, when I bilocate. My purpose is to search for familiar signals, unrelated to planet earth. But all kind of radio waves get in the way, making it a hindrance to explore.

Either way, my consciousness is capable of identifying multiple signals simultaneously, while also translating some of them into sequential images.

Apparently, earth is promoted as a resource investment planet in the galactic community. Non the less, human beings are kept ignorant by means of governmental decrees, in agreement with some of the races involved in this experiment.

Such corporations have investments on earth's resources, involving human beings.

Dissapointing.

Edited by They call me Loyalty

Not really lately. Sometimes when I can't fall asleep and my music doesn't help, I turn on the radio to listen to some late night interviews to help me fall asleep :>

Where I live there's a radio named Laugh and music, wich alternates between comedy show and music, I can listen to this radio all day long if I want because it's really funny ans the music are okay.
But all the other radio are just the same music again again again and again...it's borring !

Nope. I hate hearing ads, especially when they take up the entirety of my travel time.

I also prefer to have a choice in what I listen to and most of what I like doesn't play in any shape or form on the radio.

• 5 weeks later...

I absolutely never listen to the radio unless I'm driving and have to tune in for traffic or weather updates. Otherwise I listen strictly to my own CDs. I do have the original NPR Star Wars Trilogy which is radio drama at its finest, so I guess that counts as radio, even if it's all on CD anyway. 

• Brohoof 1

Not really. It's kept on to give our dogs something to listen to so they don't think they've been abandoned every time everyone leaves the house, but I swear every station only have a catalogue of a dozen or so songs that they just play over and over again, day in and day out. 

94.1 JJO every morning when it wakes me up for work. Or 95.1 Will Rock if the signal is too patchy. Or if I'm desperate not to hear oldies ballads or country that my radio randomly picks up, I'll tune to 102.9 The Hog.  Listen to a few songs while I get ready for work, then shut it down when I head out. Otherwise I just go to youtube or my own expansive collection. Better chances of not being spammed by the latest release, old hits getting reruns, or dealing with grunge & 90s alt rock getting their own hour long programming block. 

Edited by Denim&Venom

I listen to the classical music station when driving. Sometimes, I'll flip to the '80s/'90s station, though. :) Otherwise, I use Spotify!

• Brohoof 2

Nope. Around here pretty much every radio station is just full of garbage... either music genres I am not interested in, or so full of ads as to make them intolerable. Also I prefer to keep the radio off when driving in the city so I can pay more attention to what others are doing around me.

I can just hook up my phone and play music from Amazon or some such if I really feel the need to.