Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Do you listen to the radio?

Kaneki

Only on internet stations, via the Tunein App. Actual FM Radio is a no. Only because I don't own a Radio receiver and I'm not a fan of the modern era of music (considering that's what the stations in my current area play all the time).

I never listen to the radio unless I'm getting a ride in a car somewhere and I have to listen to whatever is playing. I prefer my own music that I buy for my ipod. It drives me crazy when someone will ask me about a certain song or they quote a song that I guess is from some new pop song and I have no idea what they are talking about.

I usually only listen to the radio when I am in the car with someone(since I can't drive) BUT like even when I am in the car with my aunt we usally put a CD most of the time cause they don't play good music... (we live in the mountains though) 

I'll only listen to it while driving. I think i've got too much other media id rather listen to while doing tasks around the house. I've found I also only like radio during the early morning or late nights. I've never found good radio during the afternoon.

• 4 years later...

Here's a radio site that lets you listen to stations all over the world without the need of traveling: Radio Garden

It also has an app for mobile, and it may have ads, though its cheap to have it removed, though actual, radio ads still exist.

Almost always, less so nowadays since I sold my car but I do like to spend a lot of time on radio.garden listening to radio from around the world. Japanese radio especially, exposure is a great way to learn a language and they play some real bangers over in Osaka.

I sometimes turn it on to see if there's anything I can sing along with. But modern music isn't my kind of stuff so i don't know enough of it to sing along with. I'm happier with my own playlists, which are loaded with stuff that will never be heard on the radio.  

• 5 months later...

Yes, I listen to radio when doing something and I do not want to interrupt whatever I am doing to flip/change tapes or records (or choose files to play). Or I sometimes I listen to radio and record the songs I like to tape.

Quite a bit, as every piece of equipment we have has an older radio, therefore a decent tuner, and with the conductive soil of the North American plains, plus the lack of interference, AM and FM bands are usually full, depending on the skywave, and especially clear at night.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'll listen to the radio while driving. The station I listen to isn't too bad with ads, so I can tolerate it. Beats silence, that's for sure.

• Brohoof 1