• Below 90
    • 90-100
    • 100-110
    • 110-120
    • 120-130
    • 130-140
    • 140-150
    • above 150

Great to know I'm dumber than most people.

No, only dumber than half people. ;)

It's OK thought, IQ doesn't determine intelligence the way that it claims. If you only needed a number to determine your intelligence, then there isn't much to being intelligent in the first place, is there?

(edited)

No, only dumber than half people. ;)

It's OK thought, IQ doesn't determine intelligence the way that it claims. If you only needed a number to determine your intelligence, then there isn't much to being intelligent in the first place, is there?

I know, I know, honestly the only other time I've taken an IQ test was when I was a kid and if I remember correctly it was really high up there.

I don't believe that any kind of test that is scored can be a basis of intelligence, because lets be honest there are so many differences between mind to mind that just can't be accounted for on numeric scales. If our brains were 100% nature, then I would say the test might hold some validity but the fact is that our brains are both affected by both the way we're raised and how we were born, and there's just too much extra crap that we don't even know about for us to make any judgement yet.

Edited by lordbababa

(edited)

I don't rely on my IQ score but when I took a test years ago I got 140 (when I was 10 or so), and I'm sure it would be higher now because I think more logically now which is what IQ actually measures not actual smartness.

Edited by willinilly

IQ scores mean nothing. They have little value, if any.

For example, my friend supposedly has an IQ of 165. How come I'm still in a higher math course than him, then?

Your last sentence made me laugh, hard. This is entirely true.

IQ tests only measure how well you handle verbal and math problems and completely omit other facets of your intelligence. Ergo, it doesn't entirely "define" your mental capacity as a whole. While one person may feel inferior to another because of comparing IQ scores, a good lesson to be learned from all this is that you all have different kinds of "smarts" that you can pick up on and maximize it to the best of your ability.

This test? I doubt this online test of 30 or so questions is an accurate indicator of IQ or general intelligence.

That's the problem with most "IQ tests" found online. They are, with all due respect to their creators, pathetically inaccurate in the end and would deflate or inflate a person's ego after taking another test.

I would advise people to not take these tests at all, though they could just use them for recreational purposes.

• Brohoof 2

IQ tests only measure how well you handle verbal and math problems and completely omit other facets of your intelligence. Ergo, it doesn't entirely "define" your mental capacity as a whole. While one person may feel inferior to another because of comparing IQ scores, a good lesson to be learned from all this is that you all have different kinds of "smarts" that you can pick up on and maximize it to the best of your ability.

Yeah that's a good explanation.

I don't know my I.Q., cuz every time i try to take an IQ test i get bored and decide not to take the test

So you could have an IQ of negative rock and you wouldn't even know

So you could have an IQ of negative rock and you wouldn't even know

Okay, i have a really short attention span and maybe i don't really want to know....

I actually went to a MENSA meeting.

My IQ is 108. I'm okay with this, though I want to say my Asperger's might have skewed things a little due to the problem-solving concerning math.

But honestly, I don't care, 108 is a fine IQ score for me and it's on the high-end of average so I'm okay with this. :)

I wonder what would happen if you took this test by selecting random answers as quickly as possible.

I wonder what would happen if you took this test by selecting random answers as quickly as possible.

I'm pretty sure it's inaccurate, but mine's 191.

The default is 200 and it drops depending on how seriously you take it

On this test I scored 129. Earlier this year I took the official Mensa exam. The one they used was the Wonderlic, on which I got 93% (they require 98%). That translated to about the same, 128, so this online test of yours may have something to it. But yes, any kind of IQ testing is highly subject to your state at the time of taking the test and your score can change over time. Or so they told me.

Your last sentence made me laugh, hard. This is entirely true.

Indeed. I have encountered people that claim to have IQ's in the 160+ range according to the official tests, but these people come off as some of the least intelligent (in an overall sense) people I have ever encountered.

I got 139. However, I don't really take that to mean anything. First, it's an online test, not an actual IQ test. I've taken a number of these, and I've gotten a different score every time. And quite dramatically different, actually. From, like, 106 to 148. Second, even if this were an official IQ test, intelligence isn't something that can really be quantified. Especially through a test. Not everyone's good at taking tests, and some people are very good at taking tests, in spite of not necessarily being that smart. I feel like I fit into the former, so even if I did take a real IQ test, I don't think I'd be able to do very well on it, because of the way I take tests.

But if you'd like to, you can go ahead and think that I'm smart, anyway. After all, I do wear glasses ;)

• Brohoof 1

I got 121, but these tests are all shams. Even genuine ones. I'd rather like to have time to think out my answer. The 20 seconds or less caused me to panic on ones I needed a second to think for, which is absolutely ridiculous.

• 2 months later...

So I was wondering what the average IQ is on the fourms because a lot of people on here seem extremely smart. Mines 140 which is apparently good and is suppose to rise as I get older.

Edited by Sky

These threads are silly, sorry to say. Too much apprehensiveness and self-assertion. If you compare yourself to others (even though it isn't the main point of the thread, it is going to happen) you always end up feeling bad.

Also, there are a number of reasons IQ is not a catch-all number for intelligence so it should not be treated as such. It can be an indicator, and you have to know the person on a closer level (with more data) to get an accurate idea of his/her intellect.

Sorry to start your thread on a bad note :blush:

Edited by Hat988
  • Brohoof 24