• Below 90
    • 90-100
    • 100-110
    • 110-120
    • 120-130
    • 130-140
    • 140-150
    • above 150

To be honest... IQ tests are very pointless...

An IQ test basically measures how fast you can think through logical problems, NOT how smart you actually are.

• Brohoof 5

124. i don't particularly care though. IQ has less to do with knowledge and more to do with how quickly you can figure out a word problem or do basic math in your head.

those who have a high ability to learn can be the laziest people on the planet

^my life story XD. idk what my IQ is but I'm guessing somewhere rather high, I know its something pretty high but I forget the exact number, and my parents wont tell me. Anyways IQ tests are generally very inaccurate because they measure intelligence as a single number, which is like trying to say how good a computer is on a scale of 1 to 10. People may be extremely artistically or creatively gifted and completely baffled by basic arithmetic, people may be extremely good at understanding X subject and idiots when it comes to Y subject, and people may be unintelligent overall but have such great communication skills that it allows them to express deeper and more profound thoughts than those with no social skills who can solve some random math equation. BTW I happen to fall into that group of "no social skills but can tell you in detail why Tau is better than Pi and how something looks nice coz it has 1:Phi proportions or can tell you the difference between DoS, DOS, and DDoS" 

Edited by TwilizzleFoShizzle

My IQ is probably in about the 140-150 range area. I don't look down upon people even if they are smart or not, because we all think differently in everything.

I've taken a couple IQ tests over the years. Took three different tests for my Psychology class an averaged around 160. The teacher suggested I try out for MENSA or one of the more advanced programs.

Honestly, IQ is a bunch of crap. But I don't tell people that; they tend to listen to me when I tell them I'm a "certified" genius.

Took an online test, got 135.  Now I know it's an online test, but both my brothers also took both online and in school tests, and they got similar scores, so take that however you want.

I'ms till not sure exactly what the number is supposed to measure, however, since there are so many different dimensions regarding intelligence.

130, but the analysis was basically "we don't know what to make of this kid, his scores are all over the place. Anyway, he is very smart, but has some problems in some areas". Yay.  Basically IQ scores mean nothing. 

Anyway, here is some basic information about IQ. It's divided into two areas, which are VIQ and PIQ, verbal and performance. These are further divided, VIQ into Working Memory and Verbal Comprehension, and PIQ into Processing Speed and Perceptional Organization. There are several tests used to calculate all of those. Most people score around the same in VIQ and PIQ, but it's not rare for people to score higher in one than the other, which can lead to diagnoses of Verbal and Nonverbal Learning Disorder. Mine where pretty much the same, but I had high Verbal Compression and Perceptional Organization, and lower Processing Speed and Working Memory, which isn't supposed to happen very often. Also, IQ tests might fail to accurately test what areas they are supposed to test for various reasons. Plus how you function is going to vary with your mood, your health, ect. IQ tests do not mean that much in the end.  

Umm actuallys thats 180. 180 is considered genius level... sorry to correct u. If u got 140 then... i think that just means ur like normal smart.
But yeah those test arn't relaible. Thats why i never took one. If i ever want my IQ tested i would prefer to be done by a profesional test.

Shut up, you don't know what you are talking about. Genius is defined as two standards of deviation above the general population, so the top 99%, which is 140. 

Took an online test, got 135.  Now I know it's an online test, but both my brothers also took both online and in school tests, and they got similar scores, so take that however you want.

I'ms till not sure exactly what the number is supposed to measure, however, since there are so many different dimensions regarding intelligence.

Online IQ tests are not accurate, my score on those is like 10-30 points higher than it actually is. You need to be actually tested to get an accurate score. 

Edited by Ganondox

The last time I took a proper IQ test (full analysis, professionally administered, etc.) was thirty years ago. Apparently the scale and methodology being used has changed several times since then, so the numeric value I received is pretty pointless now. I was in the top 1% of my school, but that doesn't say much given the majority of that school was brain damaged from drug abuse.

At the time, it was a big fad for all the schools to go through the process, along with various other tests like aptitude analysis, physicals, etc. How high the average scores determined the school's funding, so a lot of shady stuff was done to game the system.

One should not brag about ones intellegence for they are not any more intellegent that the man sitting beside them, everyone has their own set of skills and there own sets of banes. So, no hate just saying that just becuase one person has a "high" IQ does not really mean that they are "Smart" because they may know one thing, that someone else does not know but it is always the same way around.

• Brohoof 4

I have no idea! :D I don't really feel the need to find out either. I wouldn't consider myself a "dumb" person, but I would never call myself a genius either. All that I really know is that I don't got any troubles with school, that's enough for me :) I can't say that I think you can judge someones intelligence with a number.

Not another thread like this!

These types of threads are just filled with tons of people trying to assert how smart they are, and I hate that. Be happy with whatever intelligence you may have, but don't boast about it.

• Brohoof 3

Not another thread like this!

These types of threads are just filled with tons of people trying to assert how smart they are, and I hate that. Be happy with whatever intelligence you may have, but don't boast about it.

If the poll is to be believed that means that more than 50% of the people here are more "intelligent" than 97% of the world's population, and I tend to doubt that. 

Edited by Ganondox
  • Brohoof 4

I believe my IQ is in the 160 range, although the test was administered a few years ago so the results are not entirely reliable now, but i would assume it is between 155 and 165 now

Edited by Psychoshy

Umm actuallys thats 180. 180 is considered genius level... sorry to correct u. If u got 140 then... i think that just means ur like normal smart.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligence_quotient

100 is always the baseline average for an IQ, usually with a standard deviation of 15. 140 being average or, as you put it, "normal smart" is untrue.

What Spaghetti was referencing is the Wechsler Standard, which is used by nearly all IQ tests today. When tested based on the Wechsler Standard, 140 is considered genius, between 130-140 is considered gifted, 115-130 is considered above average, and anywhere in the range of 85-115 is in the standard deviation, or relatively average IQ, with the majority hovering around 100.

Edited by DusK
  • Brohoof 2

Hmm. seems silly to me, i can just put in any number in here and i have no way to prove it or disprove it... just take a real IQ test... its expensive but if you are really that curious... 

I dunno..

CUTE PIC INCOMING 

post-14701-0-34177400-1366944315_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...

This thread is incredibly unreliable. There is no way 19.5% of people are over 150. That's nearly 1/5th of people. To put that in perspective, Einstein has been estimated at 160. I doubt that 1/5th of random people on the internet are almost as intelligent as Einstein. Not to mention that IQ is unreliable, as it doesn't quite prove intelligence as much as reaction time. I have a feeling people are either lying, or took one of the bogus online ones that give you a high score so that you'll pay them to give you "certification of being a genius."

Edited by Brosparkles
  • Brohoof 1

I got a 145 when I did mine. Not bad to me. It was a fairly legitimate test, even though there were quite a few "what word does this unscramble to?" type of questions.

Apparently, however, most of this thread did not take a legitimate IQ test. Scores above 140 only happen in less than 5% of the population. (Legitimately).

Most of you should not be as intelligent or even near as intelligent as Sheldon Cooper. Even though he is fictional, He has an (approximate) IQ of 183. *Engage the confusion*

Just saying, I don't believe most of you.

Particularly ones saying above 160. That isn't exactly calculable on most IQ tests.

Edited by Twilight Sniper