Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

About Pinkie and Fluttershy's families

FirePuppy

Both their families seem to have similar traits.

• All four parents, Fluttershy, and most of the Pie sisters are either timid, soft-spoken, or just plain quiet.
  • Both mothers were jewelry and glasses.
  • But one sibling in each family -- in this case, Pinkie Pie and Zephyr Breeze -- are both different from their families in a polar manner.

For Season 7, we could see an episode focusing on these families, over the fact that in Season 5, Pinkie and Applejack had an episode focusing on theirs, and the Shy family was introduced in Season 6. If this happens, we're clearly in for a Pinkieshy/Flutterpie episode.

The only Pie family member I'd call timid and soft spoken is Marble. Limestone has a temper and is pretty loud, Maud comes across as outwardly emotionless, but she doesn't seem timid or shy. The Pie parents seem pretty old-fashioned and aren't really chatterboxes, but they speak plenty too. Each of the Pie sisters is an extreme of something, though Pinkie is still the odd one out there.

That said, an episode with these two families could be interesting, sure.

I imagine watching these two families together would be like watching vacation slides.

And they would have an excuse to bring Zephyr back.... Nuuuuuuuuuu!

I think we will see the Pie sisters again next Season, and we might see Zephyr again, but not so sure about the rest of the families as a whole.

Well they are the only ones who have had parents who actually spoke for a decent amount of time.

Seriously We know jack about Rainbow's Family, the writers aren't allowed to talk about AJ's in the show, Rarity and Sweetie Belle might as well have had been disowned by theirs, and Shining Armor is the only family member that Twilight ever interacts with.

The show isn't that great with the main character's families.

Well, the Shy family could be considered dysfunctional due to Zephyr Breeze and how the parents handled him, and Pinkie's family seems to me to have very strong dysfunctional potential. So there's that.

Aside from that they don't seem alike. Sure, everyone in Pinkie's family aside from Limestone and Pinkie herself seem quiet, but that's not the same as shy.

Pinkie family and Applejack's family came together because Pinkie was related to the Apple family so they are all blood related to one another. Makes sense. The pie family was likely originated from a common ancestor who baked pies maybe apple pies and the Apple family do bake apple pies as well. They're all also earth ponies. Pinkie and Applejack are both great cooks etc.