Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So how do we call the "brony" girl ?

Le Trotteur Sauvage

• 2 years later...

I know many female MLP fans refer to themseleves as "Pegasisters". Some however prefer to be called "Bronies". I have heard that the term "Brony" is not just used for males, but also commonly for females.

• Brohoof 4

• 3 months later...

I proudly identify as a pegasister :proud:, and tend to refer to other fellow female pony fans as pegasisters too. :dash:

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 years later...

It's always been sort of weird to me how MLP fans have a specific gendered word for being part of the fandom. Any other fandom is different, BNHA fan, Undertale/Deltarune fan, Fallout fan and so on... Other fandoms that have a specific word don't have a GENDERED word either, furry isn't gendered, stan isn't gendered, otaku isn't gendered. I prefer to just say "MLP fan".

I think it's the respect for the ones who made BRONY culture.

edit: started brony culture.

originally brony IS bro and pony.... bros who like ponies...... then others liked it and called themselves bronies..... the bronies aren't greedy so they shared it..... the bronies never did force the brony name for the mlp fans.

Edited by Kujamih

I personally don’t call girls specifically bronies, but I rarely have gotten into a situation that applies to them exclusively :huh:. Then again, unlike brony, pegasister doesn’t have such a good ring to, and seems most girls prefer brony anyway :mlp_icwudt:

9 hours ago, Berdly is best boy said:

also helps a lot that "mlp fan" also avoids the issue of what to call nonbinary members of the fandom.

not my circus, not my monkeys >_>

How about, just a fan? MLP Generation 3 and below was targeted for girls.

How about Sisny? A combination of Sister and pony? :rarityhat:I am so clever! Or maybe I just misspelled Disney

I like being called a pegasister. It fits in the same way ‘brony’ fits the male fans of MLP. Some comments here suggested the term pegasister isn’t ‘equal’ to brony but that’s absurd. Different doesn’t mean it isn’t equal; just different. Why can’t there be differences without being brainwashed into thinking it’s somehow a bad thing?