Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Good program to color in my OC with?

Kaneki

Hi,

I was thinking of attempting to draw out my OC, but I was wondering what everyone thinks a good program to add color to the drawing would be. I would need to do the following for it to work:

1. Scan in the pencil drawing.
  2. Make the lines more professional.
  3. Color it in!

What does everyone think would be a good application? I know of ones like Paint.NET and the GIMP, but I want to know if there's something better. Thank you!

Inkscape is a good free one. I vectorised a phone photo hand drawn picture with it before:

post-25840-0-66830500-1480392178_thumb.jpg---------->post-25840-0-58521400-1480392165_thumb.png

It is vectors though, not really "drawing"

Edited by Missklang

I'm personally definitely not a fan of GIMP at ALL. It's what I first used when learning how to draw digitally and I would never suggest it for anything serious. I use Paint Tool Sai, which is my personal preference, but it does come at a price. A friend of mine transitioned over to clip studio paint for a little while since she was using a Mac computer, and there isn't a sai download option for Mac computers. Of course, clip studio paint is also not free, but she very much enjoyed the program while she was using it (she has since returned to paint tool sai). She did use firealpaca for a time as well, which is what I suggest for you if you would rather not purchase a program c:

Do note that I am an artist by trade. I'm not the greatest artist, but I do have some experience and I hope this is helpful for you! <3

My own experience is Paintshop-Pro, have to buy it tho. Currently owned and sold by Corel. Also tends to be something of a learning curve, I was recently 'forced' to get version X8 cos the PC I have now is 64-bit, and I am still trying to get to grips with it.

As per OP, I would think in terms of scanning paper drawings, then go from there.

• Brohoof 1