Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

do you slang

Zyrael

Well I don't exaggerate like you just did XD but I do use slang pretty often. However, I don't use it to make myself "cooler" like the way your query, which I'm sure was in jest, says so ahaha

-homeboy

-homie

-dawg (also use online)

-Gee

-mollywhop (idk how people spell this word)

-crib

-ain't (also use online)

-Aye

-Yo

-bounce

-drop

-dip

I use alot of other words that are considered slang but are really just shortened down versions of words Ex: ight

I do exaggerate sometimes to express a point in a humorous manner to those around me, especially when the slang word I use doesn't exactly match the situation.

Ex:

Friend: "Hey Misscellanio I just bought us some chips"

Me: "It's lit!!!"

But honestly where I'm from (Chicago) everyone says most of the words I say whether you're from southwest side like I am (SOUTHWEST REPRESENT!) or from the Northside.

Edited by Misscellanio
  • Brohoof 1

its how I talk because its British thing to do anyway. Fag means cigarette over here btw, so if you hear a British person say fag, we're not insulting gay people. 

also a Faggot is a type of meaty dish over here too. 

tbh i catch myself using some 90s British slang still. 

• Brohoof 2

I pepper it in when I think it'll be funny... but for the most part, I try to maintain a rather ordered, sensible and comprehensible vocabulary.

Especially with the onslaught of raucous memes, fashion-slang, and the ever omnipresent illiterate reprobate - there are limits to what I will tolerate as far as such goes, and there have been a few conversations I have cut exceedingly short due to a pronounced lack of subject matter... which is usually filled with all sorts of unnecessary slang chatter in lieu of ACTUAL content or meaning. 

Of course, I would be remiss were I not to admit that I have made humorous posts that were rife with intermittent slang, from time to time.  After all, even though the dearth of slang-words has become a bit of an epidemic in my country, it certainly doesn't mean that such derisive humor isn't appreciated on occasion.

Besides, I believe my understanding of such has been relegated to the previous century, where the majority of my personal usage experience hails from to begin with.  Therefore, though I most certainly can keep up with converstaions and such regarding this subject, I inevitably appear to others as a throwback has-been of previous generations when I attempt to utilize slang words in everyday conversation - hence a reason I refrain from such. 

Word up - fo' sho, homeslice.

• Brohoof 2

Yes

1123602_1056094_modern_czech.png

We are divided into 2 parts: Bohemia and Moravia. Official way of speaking in normal person to person conversations with no grammatical errors is in Prague in Bohemia only, everywhere else there's some slang or accent, I'm in south Moravia and here we have the most village accent and edited some words when compared to normal Czech language used in books and TV, I guess its because Slovakia is so close and we have a lot of words taken from them (all Czechs understands Slovaks normally, the languages are veeeeeery similar)

on internet when it comes to english, words like ftw tfw brb y u ect. 

Edited by Burpy
  • Brohoof 1

I'm so confused while reading this, I clearly so not slang XD

Also, slang is the dutch word for snake, so whenever someone mentiones 'slang' I forget which language I'm supposed to be talking and I'll think it's about snakes. But this is off topic so... Yea... Bye :please:

• Brohoof 1

I find slang infinitely interesting and pay very close attention to those skilled at its use occasionally. However, I do not find myself to be very skilled at it, partially due to my desire to be a novelist. I speak "proper" English almost all the time, though as a result of living in Georgia, I was raised using "ain't" as a contraction, and cannot kick the habit. I do avoid using it in my writing, however.

I don't really use slang when I'm speaking, but from time to time, I'll type a few out here and there, just for kicks. ;)