Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are going to be the rules of your household?

Miss

2 hours ago, Cyclone said:

That's how you raise kids that don't like you. Does this rule apply to me?

That’s just how I was raised, bud. 

Well it's not like they're written in stone or anything, but absolutely no smoking in the house, no shoes on the rugs, no loud noises, clean up after yourself, don't go into our room. I think it's pretty normal rules, really. We have visitors all the time but none of them- okay I should say none of mine are really rowdy or anything so I don't ever have to tell anyone 'Hey, don't be stupid.'

Edited by Sunset Rose

• I'm not your maid. You're going to need to make an attempt to clean up after yourself. Though there are certain exceptions to this.
  • There are specific words I will not allow in my house for obvious reasons. Primarily, "fag" or "faggot."
  • Smoking is okay as long as you do it outside. Inside is a no-smoking zone. Same thing applies to drugs.

There would likely be more, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

Edited by Dusklicious

Respect others at all times 

No drugs or smoking or drinking allowed 

Shoes off the carpet 

Stay out of the bedrooms without the persons who’s bedroom it is permission. 

Get a job 

Clean up after yourself.

No loud or excessive noise. If you want to play music, use headphones or keep it at a civilized level cuz not everyone is into the same stuff.

No smoking, drugs or dogs. 

Clean up your own mess. If you leave things out, put it away. If you spill something, wipe it up. If you leave the bathroom in a lesser state than it was when you went in, CLEAN IT!

Lock the door and turn off the appliances if you leave.  

No cannibalism. That's kind of a big one. :confused:

• 11 months later...

Since it's only me and one elderly pretty kitty, there aren't really any rules.  Most of my "rules" are just to make sure the neighbours aren't being disturbed at some crazy time in the nighttime hours.  The only ABSOLUTE rule in my household is:

-Call the cat "Gorgeous" because she's a precious baby angel and deserves to be adored...  Also she answers to that word the most because I call her that so many times...

1. No politics or other forms of social napalm.
  2. No leaving random unidentified stains on the bathroom towels.
  3. No randomly dumping unrinsed cutlery and plates in the kitchen sink.
  4. No dumping rubbish in an already full bin and leaving it for the next person to empty.
  5. No abandoning microwave accidents. If what you put in their explodes. You be the one to clean it up.
  6. No leaving the toilet seat up. It's not a bloody public restroom! Also flush for Celestia's sake!
  7. No random killing of bugs, insects or spiders. Put them outside. The floors and walls are not for decorating with the internal mush of critters.

These rules will be written with my future kids in mind.

1. PLEASE do not call me Dad. Call me "The Old Man", "F*ckass", pretty much anything except dad.

2. I won't ask you to do much, except clean up after yourself, bathe every few days, and brush your teeth.

3. Tell me when I've done something wrong. Just because I'm a parent does NOT give me absolute authority over you; since, frankly, I don't know what's best for you.

4. Be open and upfront. I don't like seeing people bottling up their emotions.

6. If I have to discipline you, we will talk about how best to do it, and find a way that works for both of us.

7. If you need help, ask for it.

8. Burp and fart as much or as loud as you want.

9. Do as I do, not as I say. Follow my example, and not my words.

10. I will accept and love you no matter what.

With my kids some of the more practical rules are. 

-Don't play with doors.

-no playing in walkways.

-no lifting brooms above your head.

-no spinning while holding a cat. (Yes it has been an issue)

When you have kids rules develope out of necessity.

-Clean up after yourself! 

-If you want a tuna sandwich, go outside when you open the can, and eat it outside.  I cannot stand the smell of tuna. 

-No smoking inside. I’d prefer you not vape inside either but I can let that slide.  (Only if you ask first.)

-Shoes off when you come in

-No making fun of me for having things around the house related to my interests.  Only good friends are allowed to do that cause I know they’re kidding. 

-Dont talk crap about my cats. 

• Brohoof 1

I don’t have kids, so I don’t know what rules to put in place for that right now. I’ll get to that when I get there. :ButtercupLaugh:

As for other rules though (for roommates, SO, basically anyone who lives with me) household rules will go something like this:

1. Clean up after yourself.
  2. No nasty habits (burping all over the place, farting, etc)
  3. I don’t wanna see your freakin dirty clothes in the floor
  4. Take your shoes off before coming in the house.
  5. No smoking and/or vaping allowed. Do that outside please.
  6. If we live under the same roof, you can contribute to chores like dishes, etc.
  7. We won’t bring up politics unless you have the same or similar political views as mine. :ButtercupLaugh:

8. Don’t be a jacka$$ 
  • Brohoof 1