Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Best/Worst Item(s) In Mario Kart?

Castle Bleck

The Best

Golden Mushroom: This item totally defines the true meaning of button mashing. When you get this, you just tap that button and make your way up the ranks. 

Blue Shell: There's nothing like hanging back and nailing the guy in 1st place with one of these...especially if you're in 2nd and you happen to get one of these. Makes for the ultimate "Sorry it had to to be this way..." item. 

Super Horn: Excellent for using when you got a group coming your way. Also, an item that can finally deflect blue shells!

Chain Chomp: There's nothing like hitching a ride on a chain chomp back in the days of Double Dash. You could literally put your controller down since the chain chomp knows the track. This item also makes for a great "Sorry it had to be this way..." item. 

The Worst:

Banana: Anyone can dodge this item, unless you're not paying attention. Only effective way to use this item is to put it in front of item boxes, then again. 

The Best: Green Shells- They roll around aimlessly and cause havoc. Plus, if you get three they can actually be really good defensively.

The Worst: Blue Shell- I don't need to explain this. You can only dodge it with a FRAME PERFECT INPUT. Nobody can get that. Like no one.

The best items to come into Mario Kart are Star Power and Bullet Bills. Without them, I cant play ANY of the Modern-Day Mario Karts without rage-quitting and throwing the controller at the screen.

...and Green Shells :P I love firing them backwards :D X'D

The Worst items in Mario Kart would have to be Red Shells and Blue Shells. I HATE GETTING HIT BY THEM, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU’RE ABOUT TO PASS THE FINISH LINE!!!

Who was the smart guy to allow CPU’s to fire shells at you!? D:

It wasn’t like that in Mario Kart 64:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPdpCLnwVTs

Edited by SolarFlare13

The Super Star is one of the best items for these reasons:

1. You are invincible to the effects of all offensive items

2. You are immune to off-road terrain

3. You can plow through tough enemies and hazards that normally have to be hit with an item

4. Unlike Bullet Bill you have control over your actions, allowing you to cut corners and save time

5. It gives you a significant speed boost

The Coin is one of the worst items for these reasons:

1. It can easily replace a useful item such as a Banana or Green Shell when you are in a high rank that could be used to guard against incoming attacks

2. Coins don't make that significant of a speed boost to begin with

3. You can too easily receive this item even when your coins are already maxed out

4. When you're seriously counting on an offensive item to appear, such as when you are in a pinch, this item can greatly hinder you rather than help you

5. Coins are not needed to win a race, even if you have 0

Favorite items:

1. Blue shell! (i freaking love it, even though I get hit with it)
  2. Red shell!
  3. Bullet Bill
  4. Triple Mushroom(Or mushroom in general)

Worst items:

1. Green shells
  2. Bananas
  3. Blooper
  4. Fake item boxes

My favorite Mario Kart items are:

- Red Shell

- Triple Red Shell

- Star Power

- Golden Mushroom

- Super Horn

- Mega Mushroom

- Piranha Plant 

- Bullet Bill 

The worst items, in my opinion, are:

- Thunder Cloud

- Blue Shell

- Fake Item Boxes

- The Coin

- Thunder Bolt

Best

sig-4840275.1490264219801.png

Worst

sig-4840275.1490264255868.jpgI DO love the design on this thing tho lol. looks equal parts adorable and badass^

Honorable mentions:

Best (Triple Mushrooms, Feather, Triple Red Shell)

Worst (Bobomb, Fake"?" Block, Blooper)

Edited by ChocolateCrane

Thunder Clouds are absolutely stupid and backfiring on you more than they actually work, Blue Shells are some of the biggest, most unfair middle fingers in gaming history......but COINS...........DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED!!!!!!!!!

Why are these an item? Who on EARTH thought that these would make a good Mario Kart item?! When I'm in first place in MK8, and I'm actually hoping to get a singular Banana, just because they can at least serve a useful defensive purpose, you know that you have really made a garbage item. As annoying, infuriating, and as B.S the Blue Shell is, at the very least they can be used for SOMETHING. There Coins on the ground for crying out loud!!!!!!! Why bother making them an official item??????

• 1 year later...

@Supreme Leader R, I actually think coins are one of the most useful items in MK8DX because of the boo. When I smuggle a star or a bullet, I always try to get a coin in the first item slot, as it has literally no offensive power. And when a boo steals something, it always steals the item in the first slot.

• 1 year later...
(edited)
On 2017-03-23 at 6:19 AM, ChocolateCrane said:

Worst

sig-4840275.1490264255868.jpgI DO love the design on this thing tho lol. looks equal parts adorable and badass^

Agreed. I've always loved how it looks, just not how it works.

Edited by Anti-Villain

Being a front runner I absolutely am filled with joy to get a banana or a green shell

but a bullet is probably best, as you cannot be hurt in the slightest, you can’t even fall off unlike the star

• 1 year later...

Favourite: The Eight. I love having so many things at once. ^_^

Least favourite: It’s very sad that my favourite colour has to be represented with the Blue Shell. It can literally ruin all the momentum you’ve gained through the race. :dry:

Red Shells are a blessing when you get them at the right time or place. Perfect as both an offensive and defensive item. Bob-Ombs can also be very useful if you understand the map construction well.

As for worst, while I want to say the blue shell, it does help balance out races and keeps things interesting, so it's actually pretty good as an item. So, I'd say that the coin is the worst. It's basically a joke item since it does nothing for you. It may as well be a note that says "Sucker" in big bold letters.

• 11 months later...