Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will Shining Armor and Cadence still get married?

Tilgoreth

Especially when their ages aren't given out.

Well Cadence has to at least be twenty five. Which leaves enough time for her to go to college and graduate. And Shining Armor could be twenty.
  • Brohoof 1

Well Cadence has to at least be twenty five. Which leaves enough time for her to go to college and graduate. And Shining Armor could be twenty.

That's a good guesstimate as to their respective ages, but I'd say Shining Armour is the same age or maybe a year older than Cadance is.

• Brohoof 1

That's a good guesstimate as to their respective ages, but I'd say Shining Armour is the same age or maybe a year older than Cadance is.

I think that would be weird. Why would someone who graduated high school seven years ago comeback? Nobody going there currentley would even know him. Except Twilight. But that's only because she's his sister. Though I guess that would be keeping in line with the ages from the show. Shining was at least ten years older than Twilight. And Cadence seemd like a teeanger when we saw her in the flashback.

Maybe he simply like MILF, it 2016 after all !  :-P

I think that would still be weird.

They are the same age, the comic shows it.

I don't read the comics so I wpuldnt know.
  • Brohoof 1

I think that would be weird. Why would someone who graduated high school seven years ago comeback? Nobody going there currentley would even know him. Except Twilight. But that's only because she's his sister. Though I guess that would be keeping in line with the ages from the show. Shining was at least ten years older than Twilight. And Cadence seemd like a teeanger when we saw her in the flashback.

The reason Shining Armour was at Crystal Prep during Friendship Games was because Principal Cinch asked him to come and essentially convince Sci-Twi that competing was the best course of action.

• Brohoof 1

That's okay, I'm just saying. but in case you are interested.. here are the details

http://comicsalliance.com/my-little-pony-11-preview-idw-comic/

Okay I'll try and check them out.

i hope so,they ar my favorites ;)

Yeah okay that is cool. Mlp.

The reason Shining Armour was at Crystal Prep during Friendship Games was because Principal Cinch asked him to come and essentially convince Sci-Twi that competing was the best course of action.

Okay so he just came to convince Sci Twi. But why would he care? He has to either be in college or have a job at this point. Why would CRystal Prep even mean anything to him?
  • Brohoof 1

Okay so he just came to convince Sci Twi. But why would he care? He has to either be in college or have a job at this point. Why would CRystal Prep even mean anything to him?

He is an alumnus so despite no longer attending Crystal Prep, he still had a connection to the academy. We also know that he competed in the Friendship Games at some point according to what Principal Cinch mentioned. While Shining Armour's presence can be viewed as confusing in some way, the fact is that he was brought in to help convince Sci-Twi to contribute to the team given her sharp intellect.

• Brohoof 1

Shining Armor is an alumni that means he's no longer in high school it just means he was once a student there so he could be any age now. 

The weirder thing would be how Cheerilee is a teacher and Big Mac is a student.

Edited by cider float
  • Brohoof 1

He is an alumnus so despite no longer attending Crystal Prep, he still had a connection to the academy. We also know that he competed in the Friendship Games at some point according to what Principal Cinch mentioned. While Shining Armour's presence can be viewed as confusing in some way, the fact is that he was brought in to help convince Sci-Twi to contribute to the team given her sharp intellect.

Well Sci Twi competing only made sense for the non athletic events. She y wasn't shown to be a great athlete.

Shining Armor is an alumni that means he's no longer in high school it just means he was once a student there so he could be any age now. 

The weirder thing would be how Cheerilee is a teacher and Big Mac is a student.

Not Really considering the CMC went from being in elementary school to high school freshman. And yes I know it was just an excuse to add more characters to the toy line.

Can't agree more. I've never said the opposite  :grin:

Yeah I know I was agreeing with you still.
  • Brohoof 2

Well Sci Twi competing only made sense for the non athletic events. She y wasn't shown to be a great athlete.

Not Really considering the CMC went from being in elementary school to high school freshman. And yes I know it was just an excuse to add more characters to the toy line.

Yeah I know I was agreeing with you still.

To Principal Cinch, that meant nothing. As long as Sci-Twi contributed her "agile mind" to the games, she was worthy enough to compete with the rest of the Shadowbolts even though "worthy" isn't exactly the right word given what happened.

• Brohoof 1

To Principal Cinch, that meant nothing. As long as Sci-Twi contributed her "agile mind" to the games, she was worthy enough to compete with the rest of the Shadowbolts even though "worthy" isn't exactly the right word given what happened.

The Friendship Games was just the equivalent of the Eqstria Games. Which was basically the pony version of the Olympics. The Equstria Games is a better parallel though. Because it was actually on the same scale as the Olympics. I just thought the friendship games where silly. And the fact that they where called the friendship games.
  • Brohoof 1

The Friendship Games was just the equivalent of the Eqstria Games. Which was basically the pony version of the Olympics. The Equstria Games is a better parallel though. Because it was actually on the same scale as the Olympics. I just thought the friendship games where silly. And the fact that they where called the friendship games.

Think of the Friendship Games as a battle between rival schools and nothing serious like say the Olympics. It was meant to be something fun that Canterlot High and Crystal Prep could enjoy every four years, yet Crystal Prep see it as showing their dominance by constantly winning without any of the fun. You can blame Principal Cinch for placing reputation and success above the idea of having fun and not needing to be serious.

• Brohoof 1

Think of the Friendship Games as a battle between rival schools and nothing serious like say the Olympics. It was meant to be something fun that Canterlot High and Crystal Prep could enjoy every four years, yet Crystal Prep see it as showing their dominance by constantly winning without any of the fun. You can blame Principal Cinch for placing reputation and success above the idea of having fun and not needing to be serious.

My point was that Friendship Games was the EQG equivalent of Equstria Games. Which was an obvious Olympics parallel. But I see your point.
  • Brohoof 1

My point was that Friendship Games was the EQG equivalent of Equstria Games. Which was an obvious Olympics parallel. But I see your point.

Just not on the same scale as one are games between schools while the other are games between cities and kingdoms.

• Brohoof 1