Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you could change ONE thing in the show. What would you change?

leonbrony17

Either cut Spike more slack, or give Celestia some limelight for once.

Oooh yes some Celestia and Luna backstory maybe? They're basically GODS so I'd love to see the writers try to explain that to the kids  :lol:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7PQ9IO-7fU < "Lullaby For a Princess", for example, takes Luna's downfall seriously and shows us how Celestia feels about being forced to banish her. In FIM, Celestia doesn't really show any emotion, and so she seems a bit 2-dimensional...

If I could change only one thing which has happened in the show... well, I hate to be "that guy," but I probably would have avoided Twilicorn. The show doesn't seem all that interested in bringing it anywhere especially interesting, and Twilight has only become more boring since and almost certainly as a consequence of becoming a princess. I don't think it's done much good for thevshow, "Twilight's Kingdom" aside.

• Brohoof 2

Make Starlight the new protagonist and have it based around her.

Wouldn't necessarily disagree with this happening eventually, but you'd have to put up one hell of a fight against parts of the fandom xD.

Serious answer: I'm surprised nobody has said this yet, but I'dd add eight additional minutes to the runtime (so from 22 minutes to a full half-hour). A lot of stories end up feeling rushed, and that has the potential to improve the show immensely. 

I would have given Starlight's Reformation in season 6 a similar treatment to the amount of focus Peridot from Steven Universe had. That would have meant one episode with her bonding with an individual member of the mane six across the season.

• Brohoof 2

Delete this animation from Too Many Pinkie Pies:

do_not_consume_helium_by_tim015-d5ld1sm.

Not only was it unnecessary, but it also created horrible implications about Twilight killing the other Pinkies (which were sentient and intelligent creatures). It would just look like they were being sent back to the pond without that little detail.

The defeats of the bad guys with just one annoying "friendship's" blast.  

it's getting pretty old.

Especially after Power Rangers just fight the bad guy really really hard and he eventually just explodes. With FiM's one-shot friendship blasts, the Mane 6 might as well summon Saitama, who only needs one punch to beat ANYONE stupid enough to just stand there and take it. Fun fact: Tirek is the ONLY FiM villain to take more than one hit before his defeat.

Edited by The MegaBrony
  • Brohoof 1

Especially after Power Rangers just fight the bad guy really really hard and he eventually just explodes. With FiM's one-shot friendship blasts, the Mane 6 might as well summon Saitama, who only needs one punch to beat ANYONE stupid enough to just stand there and take it. Fun fact: Tirek is the ONLY FiM villain to take more than one hit before his defeat.

We definitely need more like Tierk just to keep interesting..at the least.