Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation Amazing world of Gumball: The Lie; Thoughts?

Lil Pip

I am wondering what you guys think about this episode.

I know my personal bias is rather strong, but I want to know the average perception of it. Idk if people see the religious connection, or if people would get offended. Studies I know suggest if you are American or 3rd world country or worse and notice the connection you have a higher chance of getting offended. So i was curious how offensive it is.

I only started watching Gumball today from The Shell(saw an ep review, it looked cool, and I like colors and shapeshifters in general, and I am not the most open person irl somewhat antisocial so I thought maybe I could relate to penny slightly, but I am sure I don't lol) up to this episode so far, and I love the show so far, its definitely more quickly paced then Steven Universe and packs in some associative material, but then some jokes eh idk, like gross humor is meh, I know why people can laugh from the discomfort though but eh.

Anyways back on topic.

What do you think about the moral of the story at the end just bluntly said?

I think its an emotional argument, but also it helps share perspective and mine is limited from being sorta tunnel-vision-ey and not very social. 

So I just was wondering about common thoughts about it. Um, religious background would be nice too for the context to be more well understood for me.