Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc OOC USS Luna

Mentis Soliloquy

@@Mentis Soliloquy,

RP that i'm in.

https://mlpforums.com/topic/154959-still-accepting-new-charactersstrifes-of-pandora/page-13

https://mlpforums.com/topic/110191-casual-stroll/page-227#entry4755045

https://mlpforums.com/topic/152599-school-days-of-ponys/page-37#entry4751003

The first one is the one that closely relates to my OC the most, Since i can't exactly go eating fillys in a school. Not the best way to make friends anyway.

Here is my oc post as well, enjoy the length.

Star Date 41359.37 Chief Medical Log.

Well, what can i say? This ships dirtier then a barn. My request for sick bay to have one giant sonic shower was again denied, apparently due to lack of funds. Well how else do they expect me to sterilize the environment? with a blow torch? Well I will remind the crew when they get sick, that they got sick due to lack of funds. At least they allowed me to fully restock all my medication and equipment, these new laser scalpel look interesting, hopefully i learn to use them soon. though not too soon. Don't think the captain would appreciate me cutting off crew members hooves just to hone my expertise with them.

Could be worse, could have given be a butter knife for operations, though that would be as comical as using nitrogen peroxide as a air freshener. Though i will have a word with the captain again, maybe i could persuade star feet to give me access to a smaller sonic shower. Still, the regeneration bay looks impressive, still not read the Manuel for it yet, though it is around 1000 pages long with about half of that health and safety. its not exactly hard to use, I'e used it to regenerate a scraped hoof already, that pony on the helms need to have there eyes tested, that or they are inexperienced. They will love my bedside manner next time they have a routine medical.

Well I've not had any medical emergency's yet, though that's just meant I've been cleaning up the medical bay, not met much of the crew, since well. My status means i get to have my own replicator, though its currently replicating lots of research journal on my special subject. Blood. Been reading about all the different members of Star Fleet, and they all do have a range of blood types and different transfusion methods, how interesting. Though I've only got a limited book space, all this fuss about these data bases, though you can't take a data base to bed can you now?

Still have to go now, I believe my blood analysis have been completed. Will report the results in the next supplemental. 

• Brohoof 1

@@BloodDrops,

Your post quality is quite fine I do say, that log however will be a log for either Blood's last ship or the Starbase we'll all start on, but otherwise welcome aboard!

@@Shadow Dancer, @@Raven Rawne, @@Miss Reaper,@@BloodDrops,@@Once In A Blue Moon,   

With the addition of what seems to a quite interesting doctor we have all the people to start.

(reminder) 

@@Shadow Dancer,@@BloodDrops,

Follow this thread, the rest follow the RP when I make it.

as for the RP I will start working on the opening post and will be putting it out in the next day or two, please bear with me, as for what you can all do in the mean time look for interior parts of the ship you'd like, read up... heck watch some Star Trek :P 
  • Brohoof 1

Splendid! Can't wait to start this thing, since I spent the whole weekend learning Star Trek stuff and running simulations of Crys in this setting. I even watched Star Trek: Into Darkness which was on TV. Extra Heretical, but still "trekky".

I also finished the crystal mare's Trek backstory, here it is, in her own words:

"Personal Log, Lieutenant Crystal Clear, Chief on Engineering, USS "Luna" Stardate 41685.8. I thought I should made an entry like this, for posterity's sake, so the biographers won't mess up everything... Or for whoever discovers the burned out remains of our glorious vessel. Whichever comes first, I guess... (sipping noise) Aaaanyway, name's Crystal Clear, I'm a crystal pony mare from planet Equestria. As of this recording, I'm 36 years old, and if you're curious, my hometown is the Crystal Spire, a semi autonomous city-state on the planet's northen reaches. A nice place, if you don't mind the cold. I sure didn't... Damn, i shouldn't override the replicator unit in my office so fast. I'll use all the matter in the system on shots. No matter though, back to my life... So, I took interest in engineering before I could spell the word. Parents say I took everything apart and tried to guess how it worked. Of course reassembly was too boring so I left it to the grown-ups. Despite my drive for wantom destruction with a screwdriver, they saw I have a knack for it, and encouraged me to pursuit a career where I could put this... unique talent to use. (sipping noise) Thanks to their devoton I put the effort to learn the trade of an engineer, and later on, I decied that spaceships are the way to go! Never regretted that decision, even when I was laying in sickbay with half of my face on the walls a couple decks away. Remember kids, if you put a faulty power cell in your electromagnetic spanner, it goes boom! I was lucky to be alive, but they patched me up prety well. Hell even I sometimes think it was just a dream, there's no trace of the injury aside from that blasted ocular implant. Cool gadget on paper, 10x zoom and infra red heat mode, but it has this creepy pattern on the eyeball and makes my head hurt like buck from time to time. So if you guys find a corpse with a fake left eye, that's me. Oh and an earpiece in left ear. Made it myself to override the combadge's microphone and speaker and allow hands free operation. So I hear things directly into my ear and it picks my voice through bone vibrations - handy in noisy environments. I control it by moving my ear certain ways. Like I said, nice gadget, but Starfleet doesn't like tampering with issued gear, so I used it only when I was alone. Now I can finally be more open about it, since I'm the yellow shirt boss, but that part later. (sipping noise) Where was I? Ah, yes, a refill of my glass... (sounds of replicator in action, followed by a small laughter) Okay, back to topic at hand. So once I graduated the Starfleet Engineering Course, having some experience in civillian shutles and such behind my belt before applying, they sent me as an ensign on USS "Mercy". A boring hospital ship where I was taught the ways of Engineering by a Vulcan named Sulluk. A nice guy, all in all. I learned a lot from him. Once I fnally earned my Junior Lieutenant rank, I served on a few more ships as a regular engineer, then a team boss, assistant chief even! But "Luna" is my first as the Chief. (long sigh) I just hope I'll manage the responsibility, given how much prototype tech they packed into her... Still if I wasn't ready, the top brass wouldn't send me here, and I wouldn't sit in the Chief of Engineering's Office sipping brandy with hooves on the desk like I run this show. By the way, I want a chair by my console in the Main Engneering for Heart's sake! How come everypony gets a seat but not me?! Not fair! Least my assistant has to stand too, small comfort but still... Alright, end of the bedstory for today. I need to be more or less sober tomorrow, and check up on the rescue capsule nearest to my chambers. Just in case (nervous laughter). Crystal Clear out."

Now the important stuff, the Main Engineering is located at the bottom rear of the ship and looks like this: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/95/ce/63/95ce638090fcf35c74b39e3916df71cc.jpgCrystal mans the console facing the Warp Core. Her quarters are right next to the reactor room, and look like this: http://img03.deviantart.net/3ca8/i/2014/297/6/4/scotty_s_quarters_by_bobye2-d83z2yi.jpg  Obviously without scottish decorations. The living part has a bathroom behind the bedroom, the walls in the office part are crammed with screens showing status of ship modules. Behind her seat, in the low wall, is nested a small replicator unit for foodstuffs and small objects. She found a way to make it serve alcohol, but scarecely uses this function since she doesn't want anyone to know, or get caught drunk. Above the replicator, on the shelf (where the hemlet is pictured), lies a bulky toolbox made of pyrite, and a "DO NOT OPEN" sign on the lid. Anyone who opens it gers stunned by "Stunning Beauty" - a decomissioned pistol phaser with removed kill circuit set to fire 1 second after opening the lid, as monitored by a proximity sensor. A leftover from the times where she was still an ensign and other engineers hid her tools for fun. She also has a sculpted heart mounted on the wall, made of dilithium crystal. A parting gift from Sulluk.

Edited by Raven Rawne
  • Brohoof 1

@@Miss Reaper,

you draw a very dignified Starfleet officer.  

everyone feel free to add images of sections of the ship and I'll add them to the initial post. here in the OOC.

also remember to follow the RP thread. 

• Brohoof 2

@@Miss Reaper,

This sketch looks great! Really, have you considered opening a commission shop of sorts?

@@Mentis Soliloquy,

So this sketch got me thinking - do the Starfleet ponies wear boots all the time, as part of the uniform, or just when necessary (like in a haz-mat suit)?

Also, I noticed you pasted the interiors into the OP, but without the alterations I mentioned. Wouldn't it cause some confusion later on? Just wondering.

• Brohoof 1

@@Raven Rawne,

Well the alterations are minor, I did not think they were really worth mentioning honestly. She's also got a commissions store on DA I belive.  

I certainly don't posses the talent @Miss Reaper dose but I made a little editing project for when Mentis is acting. I made his basically. 

post-35804-0-49065600-1480925551_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

@@Raven Rawne,

Oh and the hooves thing, space suits well of course, but on ship they have personal choice for foot wear, but if not wearing any, they must keep them clean, no mud on my ship! 

@,

It's not closed per say, I am in need of a first officer, if you've read most of the other applications you know what I need of you.  

Alright I'll enter this with Raze, link to his backstory is in my sig.

As for alterations... I believe I mentioned he was on a journey around the globe to master other forms of combat, that'll be left out. Also removing his job as a mercenary.

@@Mentis Soliloquy

Edited by Detective Adachi

@,

Raze seems fine, but you still need to submit both some previous RP's and some paragraphs explaining him in this universe.  

@@Once In A Blue Moon,

It's not a bad bridge section better than our current so we'll up date to that, I belive the Conn, listed on that map would be helm, it's normally on that side, good find. 

The cross section we can use as a rough one as it's way to big compared to what we are. 

Here's an old RP I made a long time ago:

https://mlpforums.com/topic/101005-journey-to-the-higher-plane/

And another one which was like a hotline miami RP:

https://mlpforums.com/topic/125211-hotline-equestria/

Background (keep in mind I don't have much knowledge on the Star Trek world):

"Audio log number 1, space date, uh... well who really gives a crap...

So, listener, you might be wondering why I'm making an audio diary of my time here on the Luna... I mean, it should be obvious: in the case I-- name's Raze by the way, howdy-- meet an untimely demise here, someone, somewhere is gonna find these recordings so my legacy will live on, not lost somewhere in space... hopefully. I mean it'd be great if that's what happened; hell I might even end up in a history book 10 years later: 'First Officer Raze, only recorded member of a ship that mysteriously disappeared in hyperspace!' Or something... I don't know.

Anyway, if you're still tuned in, let me start off with some backstory: I was born on a small space colony. My father was a retired Starfleet officer, and my mother, well... I never really knew her... I mean, unless visiting her tombstone every month counts as 'knowing her'. That's right: she's not with us anymore; died when I was still a baby. She was also Starfleet; her and Pop were assigned to the same ship, the USS Loyalty; he was a Lieutenant Commander, she was a Medical Officer. There was an attack and, well... he survived and she didn't. End of story.

Anyway, as a kid, Pop would always tell me stories about his time with Starfleet, what it was like aboard a ginormous spaceship sailing among the stars, exploring planets and beating up bad guys, nabbing the woman he loved in the process. And let me tell you: I ate that **** up. Since then, I wanted to be like him, and I set my sights on Starfleet Academy. With my Pop's help, I managed to get in when I was old enough.

It's at this point you're probably wondering: how does someone who sounds so laid back and nonchalant make it through the Academy? Well, listener, you probably shouldn't judge a book by its cover; even if I am laid back and somewhat lazy I managed to rank number four of my graduating class. When I want something I put 110% into getting it, just the way me and my family are. I then served aboard another ship before this for a year, the USS Cadence, where I slowly worked my way up the ladder to First Officer. Then I realized the captain was an annoying middle-aged coot who yells too much when things don't go his way, so I opted for a transfer. And now, here I am, aboard the USS Luna.

So... yeah. That's my backstory. Not sure what else to say after that, really... didn't really think about it. I guess, uh... I'll try and update this regularly, just gotta remember to, uh... do... it. Yeah... this is awkward. Alright, I'm ending it; this is First Officer Raze of the USS Luna yada yada yada-- screw it, end recording!"

End backstory.

Edited by Detective Adachi

@,

Your OC is fine, you may need to do a bit of googling when you post if your not so Star Trek savvy, it may help you a great deal, if you want to be first officer you need to know some thing, the way it is I might give you another role.

Is there anything you'd like to do, I can still use your backstory somewhat.

Also it seems you've not RP'd in over a year by the examples you've given me. 

I actually just looked it up, apparently he's like an advisor to the captain, leads away parties and pilots the vessel if the captain's away, unconscious or dead (to name a few things that he does).

Really, it's whatever role you want to assign him. I know first officer is supposed to be a real serious role; but the way I wrote his backstory like I did was mainly because I thought it'd be funny if the Luna had a laid back, somewhat lazy but overall very experienced first officer.

Ok I'm gonna do this for now, @, I like your style and you seem fine, but I want to get the RP off the ground first and we 6 people already. what I'm gonna do is consider Raze one of the red shirts on the bridge and not have you here for now, (but i recommend you read as we go if you like) I want to see if 6 is too much or not, if we can handle 7 I'll let you in.

Hey @@Shadow Dancer, not sure if you've noticed but the RP is a go. In fact, it's your turn. Just making sure you saw the IC, since the mention in OP didn't work for me, for example.

@@Once In A Blue Moon, @@Mentis Soliloquy,

Here's the answer why that bridge lacks helm station - 24 century ships rearranged some duties.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Helmsman

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Flight_controller

mention in OP didn't work for me, for example.

I've been having a similar issue, although because I'm following the topic I get e-mail notifications (maybe that's why.) 

Here's the answer why that bridge lacks helm station - 24 century ships rearranged some duties.

So it would seem. I'll adjust my last post to remove the reference to the non-existent navigator.  

Edited by Once In A Blue Moon