sig-4752302.sig-4752302.sig-4752302.sig-

The Role Play

Positions; 

Resource Images:

Ranks

Map of the galaxy

Sections of the ship: (for visualizations purposes)

Engineering

Chief Engineer's quarters

Main Bridge (current)

sig-4752302.sig-4752302.star_trek_carrie

A rough ship cross section

cEgZ7Zm.jpg

Crew Quarters 

Enlisted

sig-4752302.uss_saratoga___enlisted_crew

Senior officer 

sig-4752302.1701d-troi-quarters.jpg

Applicants read here:

I think you know where this is going, I am going to be doing my damn best to lead a proper story driven RP for once. (well I hope so anyway).

Anyhow how, this RP with be Anthro as there is a demand for it with the RPer's here. 

Head positions will come on a first come, first serve basis.

Obviously if your OC is not designed for Star Trek, post alterations here in the OOC.

For example:

Mentis in this RP is 42 and is not so socially isolated. 

There will be limited positions past ship heads.

Also there will be a vetting done by me, I am looking for committed RPer's. 

Yes all species (and Humans) are allowed, and no you don't need much knowledge of Star Trek.

Please, apply below and I hope you can join me on board. 

Pretext...

Equestria is brought into the Federation of Planets star date 41359.37 after the technological advancement of the nations of Equestria lead to the successes of warp travel a decade earlier. As the ponies, gryphons, changelings and many others of the planet of Equestria joined the Federation, the planet became a hub of commerce and trade in that sector. 

Ponies began to be born and grew up on other planets and ships of the Federation, gaining cutiemarks for things like astrophysics and ship maintenance. Ponies were quickly drafted into the ranks of Starfleet as there chosen paths being their cutiemarks made them excel in their chosen fields. 

A decision was made my Starfleet command to appoint a Pony from Equestria to serve as a captain of a new Avenger class of star ship. The ship was named the USS Luna, in honor of one of the nations rulers and princess of the moon.

(yes it's a ref image)

This newly commissioned ship was to be commanded by Captain Mentis Soliloquy, or Sol for short, most can't pronounce his name correctly, from Starfeet came many hands to help the new captain and his ship.

You are those hands...

New or experienced how will you help in traversing, "Space the finale frontier..."?

Edited by Mentis Soliloquy

Hmmm, it does look rather interesting. Since I don't have much to my RP'ing name, just two 1x1 threads going on, I'm not sure if I'm the kind of participant you're looking for, but I can see Crystal Clear as a slightly snarky, mildly alcoholic Chief Engineer. Obivuously I'd have to adjust her backstory and reacquaint myself with Star Trek.

• Brohoof 1

This sounds great! I'm totally new to roleplaying, but the Boss would be pretty good in the position of Head of Security, I think. Please let me know if you want more info on my character etc.

It's like you knew I've been on a huge Star Trek kick lately! :pinkie:

I see there's someone else that's asked for the Chief Engineer position, but I would also like to offer my character Galatea for the position for consideration. If not Chief Engineer, at the very least on the Engineering team.

Obvious changes include the fact that Galatea would not be from the future, and none of the background involving the "future" setting described in her backstory apply here. What will still remain is the fact that she specializes in artificial intelligence and robotics, and that she has lost someone dear to her in the past.

Also, you might see that I don't post frequently in RPs, but only because I haven't been in one that's really captured my attention like this one has. I'm online every day, and can promise that I'll be active in posting at least once a day! :please:

Edited by Miss Reaper

I'm still waiting for approval, and even if I get the green light for Crystal Clear, I'm not dead set for the Chef Engineer (she's a tinker type, but could work in other field as well), so I'm confident that we would come to a satisfying agreement. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Well possibly my OC Techno Universal would be perfect for the chief engineer as we could have him as one of the original designers of the ship. But still he is a Alicorn as he was one of the previous rulers of equestria until he dropped out to be the chief engineer on the USS Luna. His main priority on there was to try and develop a new system that allowed the ship to warp to other universes such as the human universe. This is basically his primary information for the RP. If you request I could change a number of things here and there about my OC. :)

Wow, seems everypony wants to be the next Scotty...

Considering the vastness of my Star Trek ignorance, I guess somepony more savvy in the Universe could do better in this highly sought position, but I'll let the GM decide on that. After all, I'm not even greenlit yet.

By the way, which series/time line/reboot will the RP take place in? It's useful information for those willing to catch up on lore and tech.

Haha, seems like the engineer position is well sought after! Well, if that's going to be the case, I do have another possible contender: my albino bat pony, Lunar Symphony, potentially as ship counselor, helmsman, or whichever position might be needed the most. She doesn't have a profile page yet, but I can make one given some time. :please:

Haha, seems like the engineer position is well sought after! Well, if that's going to be the case, I do have another possible contender: my albino bat pony, Lunar Symphony, potentially as ship counselor, helmsman, or whichever position might be needed the most. She doesn't have a profile page yet, but I can make one given some time. :please:

you need a zombie pony that needs a counselor

• Brohoof 1

Ok, ok calm down you lot.

@@Raven Rawne,

From you dear sir, I require two things before you may take the postion;

1. Links to your 1x1 Rp's to gauge your style mostly 
  2. a 1-2 paragraphs or more (if you like) background written for your OC in this universe, so I can write them up for posts and maybe plot idea's

@@Miss Reaper,

For you dear miss (btw your art is pretty have a watch on DA)

I need a link to your other OC if you don't get the Engineering postion. Or you may write them up here if it's good enough of course.

Otherwise

1. Links to your Rp's to gauge your style mostly 
  2. a 1-2 paragraphs or more (if you like) background written for your OC in this universe, so I can write them up for posts and maybe plot idea's

@@Techno Universal,

Techno I need a link man so I can read.

@@BloodDrops,

Blood, I could certainly use someone to play the hostiles of this vessel I'll keep you in mind for parts. 

====================================================================================================================================

More information:

The star date gives it away, time line wise we are in the days of Captain Piccard, the Avenger is a 25th century ship however, so it's a prototype. (Honestly I'll give more info as we get further in)

• Brohoof 1

@@Mentis Soliloquy,

Sweet! Okay, so some 1x1 RPs, specifically? Let's see what we have here...

For this universe, Galatea's background will look something like this:

Galatea was a pony born into a wealthy family that had always nurtured her talent for engineering - following in her father's hoofsteps as well. She had a fairly pampered life, somewhat spoiled as a filly. Eventually, she decided to enroll in Starfleet Academy, aspiring follow the dream of becoming an engineer. It was in Starfleet Academy that she met her love, Chrome Spirit. They soon formed a close relationship, and Galatea was happier than ever before.

Even when the two graduated, and they were assigned to different posts - Chrome on a ship, Galatea on a research outpost - they kept contact, maintaining something of a long-distance relationship. She hoped to one day be assigned to the same ship as he. Beyond that, she hoped she would one day be able to settle down with him. But he was killed on an away mission, and though devastated when the news reached her, she forced herself to swallow her emotions and continue with her work.

Pouring herself into her work like this, Galatea eventually rose the ranks and became chief engineer.

As for Lunar, well, you can probably gather a good idea of the important parts of her character from the threads I've linked. She's a blind, albino batpony that navigates through echolocation (and would probably make use of a tactile interface if she were to work at the helm). She has a no-nonsense attitude, and absolutely won't tolerate anyone treating her special simply because she happened to be born blind. Most importantly, though, she's a good listener.

Reference for her appearance, as well (though of course will be somewhat different for the RP because anthro):

S5ksCLH.png

If you need more than that, just let me know!

Edited by Miss Reaper
  • Brohoof 1

@@Miss Reaper,

Well your writing style is fine, your OC's page was well written (for Galatea, cose I read that one), your RP's not lasting gives pause a little, have you just started to give RPing a go recently? Or are these recent examples?

As you know Raven, applied for engineering first, he's on track to gaining that position. I'd suggest either prepping with Lunar, giving her a background, or going for another position.

But otherwise, you will be welcomed aboard one way or another. 

• Brohoof 1

@@Mentis Soliloquy,

Thank you! I've actually been RPing for a while now (on these forums as well as other platforms), I just decided to give some of the more recent examples of my writing.

If I don't get the chief engineering position with Galatea, that's fine. I recognize it's first-come, first-serve. I'll start writing up a page for Lunar, but for now I'll give a brief background for the RP here:

Lunar Symphony was born blind. For the first several years of her life, she was more helpless than most. But at a young age, she discovered that she was capable of echolocation. She quickly learned to use this to navigate her environment, rather than resorting to other guides. Her hearing had compensated for her lack of sight, and before ever discovering echolocation, she had learned that listening was the most important thing in her life.

She enrolled in Starfleet Academy wanting to make something more of herself. Lunar dabbled in engineering, among other things, trying to find the best role possible. Would she make a good engineer? Or a security officer? Perhaps a medical officer? However, through her years in the academy, there was only one thing she learned for certain: She was pretty darn good at listening - not only to her environment, but to those that talked to her. Despite what may seem like a hard attitude on the outside, and her vehement insistence that she needed no pity for her own condition, she is surprisingly empathetic and understanding.

So she decided. She was going to become a counselor. By will and determination (and studies), she did.

Also! RE: RPs not lasting. When I first started out on the forums, I had hosted a big RP that lasted for months and months before finally dying out! But I'll be honest, as of late, I haven't been able to find RP partners here that I really "click" with. My attention to the forum RPs here are on-and-off, while on other platforms such as Skype or Tumblr, I attend those RPs almost constantly.

This RP, though? I have good feelings. It captures all my interest, and I'm sure I'd be able to better maintain interest/activity with this RP above the others.

Edited by Miss Reaper
  • Brohoof 1

@@Miss Reaper,

You've given me more faith, an excellent thing, ships counselor eh? Well since I neglected to even list that role, I'd say you've gotten that position, so write up that formal OC listing, of course make it normal not for this silly RP and you'll be in.

Just to find the other roles now. 

• Brohoof 1

@@Mentis Soliloquy,

There, uh, appears to be some sort of error when I try to save the new character profile... But trust me, I created a profile for Lunar! Or will, once this issue gets resolved...

Screenshot of error I get when I try to post new character: http://puu.sh/sBhCB/eaad6e5767.png

And I could help you try to spread the word, see if more people will come join the RP!

@@Miss Reaper,

The servers can be a little off I'd suggest submitting a support ticket here... https://mlpforums.com/forum/63-site-questions-tech-support/Then the admins can look into the issue, but there is no rush we've not even got enough applicants yet.  

• Brohoof 1

@@Mentis Soliloquy,

Here are the 1x1's I've been involved so far. They're still ongoing, as you can see.

Diffuse Reflection

All that Shines

Now to the backstory... I'll write it for the Chief Engineer but if I get greenlit and assigned a different position, I will apply necessary changes.

Crystal Clear is 36 years old, her appearance is the same as in her profile page. Average height for a pony, lean statute, but wider at the hips. Same cutie mark and talent - self-critical stance to achieve perfection, never settling for less. Her personality is the same as for canon appearances, introverted and task oriented. As a ship engineer she spends a lot of time Heart knows where on the ship, fixing stuff or making improvements. That's why she always has a modified earpiece in her left ear - to have contact with the rest of the ship when she's elbow deep in cables in some service room... it works as a wireless speaker/microphone for her commbadge - it tuens on and off by flichering the ear, allowing hands free operation and less noise, just a slight buzz from her ear instead of a loud broadcast from her commbadge's speaker.

Born and raised on Planet Equestria, in a semi autonomus city-state of Crystal Spire at the northern reaches of the continent. Seeing her willingness to disassemble things to learn how they work, Crystal's parents guided her towards mechanics and engineering, and later down the road she took a turn towards space ship maintenance, seeing it as a fascinating and expansive subject. The mare served on four smaller vessels before, and rose through the ranks by merit of her skill. USS Luna will be her first appointment as Chief Engineer.

A few years back, she had an accident that nearly cost her life - a faulty power cell blew in her face. The docs did a fantastic job and there's no sign of the injury, except an ocular replacement for her left eye, Thankfully barely noticeable. It allows for 10x zoom and thermal imaging, quite handy at her work, but on the downside, she suffers from frequent headaches and has gotten short tempered because of that.

Naturally, I'll expand if I get the green light and we settle on a position in Luna's crew. That, and I need to do more research on all things Star-Trek.

Edited by Raven Rawne
  • Brohoof 1

@@Raven Rawne,

Your commitment is excellent, your posts are detailed as I don't know, you'd make a fine Chief Engineer to the Luna, you sir have your position. Welcome aboard.

@@Miss Reaper

Welcome aboard as ship's counselor miss.

• Brohoof 2

@@Mentis Soliloquy,

Thank you for such kind words, it appears I have a busy weekend ahead of me then - hitting the proverbial books to learn about the ins and outs of Star-Trek tech.

By the way, does her backstory draft hold water? I didn't want to make her a spanner maverick who diagnoses reactors by listening to their humming, but at the same time I have some concerns whether one's first assignment as the department leader on an experimental vessel wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

@@Raven Rawne,

admittedly, I am playing around with Star Trek myself, it will hold much of the universes lore, but don't worry to much about being over detailed, I very much enjoy Star Trek but I can't speak Clingon, or spell the races as shown, I'll be doing a fair amount of googling while posting. 

if the role of  Head of Security is open I will put Indicus (Human) in the RP

The most obvious change is history that I can make as we go

If you need samples of my RPs I can give them at request.

Edited by Shadow Dancer