Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is Sunset Shimmer's element of harmony?

Tilgoreth

At the end of Legend Of Everfree the main seven get the elemnts of harmony. I think it's safe to assume that they all corespond with there counterparts in Equstria. But what is Sunset's elemtn? Her powers don't help us though. All the other charcters powers more realted to there powers then the elemnts they represent. Would Sunset be the element of Empathy? Does anybody know?

At the end of Legend Of Everfree the main seven get the elemnts of harmony. I think it's safe to assume that they all corespond with there counterparts in Equstria. But what is Sunset's elemtn? Her powers don't help us though. All the other charcters powers more realted to there powers then the elemnts they represent. Would Sunset be the element of Empathy? Does anybody know?

I believe the writers mentioned that Sunny's EoH is empathy :huh:

• Brohoof 1

Empathy was my guess from the film, didn't realize there was any writer support.  It also makes one wonder if the elements are complete in Equestria given that EQG has 7 instead of 6.

• Brohoof 1

I believe it was Meghan McCarthy who said that if Sunset were to have her own Element of Harmony, it would have been Empathy to coincide with how Sunset relates well with those who are going through what she has experienced herself.

• Brohoof 2

So heart?  yah captain planet? lolz

"oh my how do we tell the audeince this information..i know let sunset magic power do ti for use."

"behold the power of exposition!"

Edited by BlinkZ
  • Brohoof 2

I think empathy is a best fit for her. She tends to  understand anyone situations since she been there and done that before.

• Brohoof 1

http://equestriagirls.hasbro.com/en-us/girls/eg/sunsetshimmer

Actually, there's a character page (modeled like a Yearbook) on the official Equestria Girls website that lists the element each of the Equestria Girls represents (+Flash Sentry and DJ Pon-3). It says what Sunset stands for is "redemption". Another good element of virtue to have.

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

I don't psy attention to the show staff.

Empathy was my guess from the film, didn't realize there was any writer support.  It also makes one wonder if the elements are complete in Equestria given that EQG has 7 instead of 6.

Technically Starlight could be the seventh elemnt in the show. Her background is similair to Sunset.

I believe it was Meghan McCarthy who said that if Sunset were to have her own Element of Harmony, it would have been Empathy to coincide with how Sunset relates well with those who are going through what she has experienced herself.

Well I didn't know that. But it makes since now. It's also funny how her power is the only one that coresponds with her elemnt.

The staff has already confirmed that her element would be empathy.

I didn't know that. Mlp is best.

So heart?  yah captain planet? lolz

"oh my how do we tell the audeince this information..i know let sunset magic power do ti for use."

"behold the power of exposition!"

But why did she see crazy land when she touched Pinkie?

I think empathy is a best fit for her. She tends to  understand anyone situations since she been there and done that before.

Yeah it actually makes since.

Empathy works best for Her. :)

Yeah I agree. It makes since.

Actually, there's a character page (modeled like a Yearbook) on the official Equestria Girls website that lists the element each of the Equestria Girls represents (+Flash Sentry and DJ Pon-3). It says what Sunset stands for is "redemption". Another good element of virtue to have.

Actually that one makes a lot of since.
  • Brohoof 4

Well I didn't know that. But it makes since now. It's also funny how her power is the only one that coresponds with her elemnt.

Someone mentioned that Sunset's Element could also be redemption although both it and empathy do share similar traits, yet the latter one, empathy, makes more sense given what we've seen of Sunset's actions from Rainbow Rocks and onwards.

• Brohoof 1

I think that's a great fit, honestly. A lot of us thought she would be the Element of Empathy, myself included. But the way I see it now, empathy is a part of redemption. Sunset uses her past mistakes to relate with and have compassion for Human Twilight, while also encouraging her to embrace her good side and to leave Midnight Sparkle behind. Therefore, it makes sense that she acquired the ability to tap into the thoughts and feelings of others. :) 

Sunset is best therapist confirm. 

• Brohoof 2

Someone mentioned that Sunset's Element could also be redemption although both it and empathy do share similar traits, yet the latter one, empathy, makes more sense given what we've seen of Sunset's actions from Rainbow Rocks and onwards.

I only thought empathy because she was able to see what people felt.

I think that's a great fit, honestly. A lot of us thought she would be the Element of Empathy, myself included. But the way I see it now, empathy is a part of redemption. Sunset uses her past mistakes to relate with and have compassion for Human Twilight, while also encouraging her to embrace her good side and to leave Midnight Sparkle behind. Therefore, it makes sense that she acquired the ability to tap into the thoughts and feelings of others. :) 

Sunset is best therapist confirm. 

Yeah I agree it actually makes a lot of sense.

The staff said empathy, but the site says "Redemption"

sig-4753909.1195873__safe_clothes_equest

I guess they can go together.

In defiance of "canon", I would like to think that her element would be "forgiveness". A friendship without forgiveness is short lived.

Well that would actually make sense.

It looks like a case of choosing one over the other.

I think empathy makes more sense then.

She shows empathy to new Twilight I suppose.

No it's more because of her powers.

• 2 years later...

I'm leaning towards Redemption. Not only does Sunset overcome her own struggles with redemption, she also tries to redeem others, as shown with Trixie (FF) or Twilight (LoE, FG). Also, her powers are mind reading, which is a power that can help her redeem others. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2016 at 1:44 AM, Ganondorf8 said:

Ehh, that's not Empathy. An Empath can easily relate to nearly any situation, not just ones that they themselves have experienced.

On 12/1/2016 at 7:14 PM, Tilgoreth said:

Her powers don't help us though.

Some of the others really don't either. Dash's power is speed. What does that have to do with Loyalty? It's almost polarized because Loyalty is typically the last to leave.

But personality wise, I'd pin her with Loyalty, as ironic as it sounds with how she's introduced. In Rainbow Rocks, Sunset is the only one who manages to get the Mane 6 to realize they're being torn apart by band drama.

It's a toss up!

The official merchandise says redemption, but the staff claim empathy. Both of which are actually pretty important traits for friendship.

There's also the fan theories involving the mysterious green element of harmony shown in a book and spike but even there the colour doesn't match, though that's the case for several of the Equestria Girls. Personally I'd go with empathy.

(edited)
On 1/15/2019 at 5:32 AM, Key Sharkz said:

It's a toss up!

The official merchandise says redemption, but the staff claim empathy. Both of which are actually pretty important traits for friendship.

How is redemption a friendship trait though? It's not something that can be regularly applied to maintaining a relationship. Redemption is something you only want to have happen ONCE. Not over and over and over again, which implies a character who hasn't actually changed for the better.

Edited by BornAgainBrony

On 12/2/2016 at 8:44 AM, Ganondorf8 said:

she actually said that? no, it can't be! sunset is forgiveness not empathy!!

On 12/3/2016 at 8:43 AM, BlueBrony said:

In defiance of "canon", I would like to think that her element would be "forgiveness". A friendship without forgiveness is short lived.

that's true! she is forgiveness and that's that. besides, where is this site?

On 12/3/2016 at 7:57 AM, Unlikeable Pony said:

The staff said empathy, but the site says "Redemption"

1195873__safe_clothes_equestria+girls_su

look again: it also says that her instrument is singing when she can play guitar too!!